Coolant leak in SE FL

Zoef

Cars
Audi Q7, Lucid GT
So the good news is that Riviera Beach has been responsive and actually answered the phone when I called (which previously was not happening - was getting rolled to Customer Service). They flatbedded the car to the center on Monday (10/31) and offered me a Hertz loaner which I declined as I have my old car still. I called today and was told that they agree with me that the car is leaking coolant as it has leaked on their floor (I though my pictures of orange liquid on my floor would also be sufficient confirmation . . . ). However, they do not know where the problem lies. What is unclear is whether they have actually tied to diagnose the problem yet. I asked if they had ruled out anything I was told no. For those that have had the hose clamp issue - how long did it take to diagnose and fix the problem? I miss Luci and want her back . . .

So the good news is that Riviera Beach has been responsive and actually answered the phone when I called (which previously was not happening - was getting rolled to Customer Service). They flatbedded the car to the center on Monday (10/31) and offered me a Hertz loaner which I declined as I have my old car still. I called today and was told that they agree with me that the car is leaking coolant as it has leaked on their floor (I though my pictures of orange liquid on my floor would also be sufficient confirmation . . . ). However, they do not know where the problem lies. What is unclear is whether they have actually tied to diagnose the problem yet. I asked if they had ruled out anything I was told no. For those that have had the hose clamp issue - how long did it take to diagnose and fix the problem? I miss Luci and want her back . . .
I’ve only heard of the orange coolant leak from the bad hose clamp, I’ve not heard of another solution. Hopefully it’s just that?

My coolant leak was related to a hose clamp, but not in the sense that the clamp was directly responsible. A clamp broke that held the hose securely. When that clamp broke, the hose was able to rub against the front axle and fail.

Well so far it sounds like I am an unlucky one. They have not found any hose clamp issues and think it is the actual drive unit. Any idea how many people have had drive units replaced so far?

Unfortunately my story gets worse. They have looked for four days and cannot find the source of the leak. Apparently not the drive unit. Engineers from headquarters are going to be going over the car tomorrow. This is not sounding good. I need some good karma please.

Ignore me while I bump this a few times. Trying to get to 25 . . .

Unfortunately my story gets worse. They have looked for four days and cannot find the source of the leak. Apparently not the drive unit. Engineers from headquarters are going to be going over the car tomorrow. This is not sounding good. I need some good karma please.
Wishing you good luck. I haven’t heard of anyone else having this issue, which means they’re going to be all over it to try and diagnose it, most likely.

So Riviera just called me to assure me that my car was being stored inside and would be protected in the hurricane. However, they cannot figure out what is wrong with it. Engineers on site from headquarters looked at it today and still have no idea where the leak is coming from.

Has anyone had to get a replacement car yet because of problems they cannot fix/find?

So Riviera just called me to assure me that my car was being stored inside and would be protected in the hurricane. However, they cannot figure out what is wrong with it. Engineers on site from headquarters looked at it today and still have no idea where the leak is coming from.

Has anyone had to get a replacement car yet because of problems they cannot fix/find?

Good luck with your car. My car is probably parked pretty close to yours as it is there for a windshield issue. Thankfully it looks like Nicole will spare our area from the worst of it, at this point anyway. 🤞 Will take positive news anytime/anywhere!

Good luck with your car. My car is probably parked pretty close to yours as it is there for a windshield issue. Thankfully it looks like Nicole will spare our area from the worst of it, at this point anyway. 🤞 Will take positive news anytime/anywhere!
Fingers crossed. The eye was originally forecast to go right over our house but has now shifted north. I don’t worry about the wind but only the water as we are in a flood zone. I have seen pictures from the out islands of the Abacos and the dunes were breached with some interior flooding.

Yes. Posts. If I have a car that they cannot find the problem after having it two weeks, I want to be able to access the info in the members only section.

My GT was delivered and the LOW COOLANT warning light came on. Delivery "host" made a note of it. Yesterday, took long drive with GT and coolant warning came up several times and there are spots in garage. Don;t know what it is or whether the car is safe to drive. Thoughts?

My GT was delivered and the LOW COOLANT warning light came on. Delivery "host" made a note of it. Yesterday, took long drive with GT and coolant warning came up several times and there are spots in garage. Don;t know what it is or whether the car is safe to drive. Thoughts?
I would contact customer care before driving it again. Phone, text or email all work. Look for the contact information in the app.

Back