Coolant Leak

You could start a poll to see how many have cars and how many have reported towable service calls
I started a poll awhile back but it was for how many times your car has been in for service. None of my service visits were towable but they towed for two anyway because the service center was an hour away. One was front right vibration cured by road force re-balance, one was for a water leak into the rear seat floor of the car during a storm we’ll never know the answer to, but they couldn’t reproduce it and the car is fine, and then the other one was a mobile visit for the recall which it didn’t need. I do plan to schedule another visit but it’s for minor things (warped rear window trim, small patch in one of the windshield wipers that doesn’t sit flush with the windshield, odd steady pitched hum from front right tire).

My car has been in for service twice. I could have driven to service center if it was close. A couple other service house calls.
Approaching 10,000 miles. Have been coast to coast. Great road trip car.
10k???? You may be the most mileage in this forum. When did you get yours?

Agree it’s a great road trip car, and for me also a great daily driver. I’ve had mine since April and have about 8k miles on it. Smooth sailing almost the entire time (hope I’m not jinxing myself!)

Agree it’s a great road trip car, and for me also a great daily driver. I’ve had mine since April and have about 8k miles on it. Smooth sailing almost the entire time (hope I’m not jinxing myself!)
I find lock/unlock, music, and homelink make daily driving something between annoying and aggravating depending on what level of bad they are on any given day. I’m hoping to see some UI improvements before the car has its first birthday.

I find lock/unlock, music, and homelink make daily driving something between annoying and aggravating depending on what level of bad they are on any given day. I’m hoping to see some UI improvements before the car has its first birthday.
Darn you’re still having problems with those basic functions? Yeah I’d be annoyed as well.

Today, my pilot panel screen was blank at start of car —- another latency issue. I forgot how to reboot car from that left turn signal sequence instruction, since I haven’t had to it for a long time. I searched forum couldn’t find those old post. Then it dawned to me to just get out the car and fob off and 30 sec later comeback fob on. My nagging wife wasn’t next to me, I wonder what would she said had I ask her to get out in this Texas afternoon heat…

Just how small (or not) the number is---well that's what concerns all of us who are on the fence. I don't know how to tell how frequent are breakdowns that take the cars out of service. I hope you're right and the number is small. But I have the sense it shouldn't be happening at the rate it is.

BTW Peter R certainly cares---it's gotta be in his top 3.
I assume that they use all of the input from service to improve production quality ASAP. Also new part manufactures are needed sometimes. It's a process, right?

They figured out what caused my leak. The coolant hose was rubbing against the axle and that was what caused the leak. They are replacing. I’ll find out more today and hopefully when I will get the car back.

They figured out what caused my leak. The coolant hose was rubbing against the axle and that was what caused the leak. They are replacing. I’ll find out more today and hopefully when I will get the car back.
You have exactly the same problem I had, clamp/metal ziptie failure resulting in the hose rubbing on the axle and failing.

You have exactly the same problem I had, clamp/metal ziptie failure resulting in the hose rubbing on the axle and failing.
Bad batch perhaps? If they have many more of these, may have to have a recall.

Is there a way to simply top off the coolant? Not talking about a car that has a massive leak just a routine top-off?

Is there a way to simply top off the coolant? Not talking about a car that has a massive leak just a routine top-off?
It’s a sealed system that is not supposed to need replacement.

It’s a sealed system that is not supposed to need replacement.
My 2003 E class was supposed to have a transmission needing no replacement or fluid change. That policy lasted maybe 2,3 years.

This isn’t good. Stopped at an EA to charge. While it was charging, I noticed some orange-brown liquid on the ground In front of the car. looking underneath, the liquid is just pouring out from underneath the front portion of the car. Probably the coolant. Stopped the charger and called customer car. Was able to drive home and park without errors. They are going to have to flatbed it over to Costa Mesa now. Wonder how long it will be out of commission.
Lucid Motors delivered my 2022 Air GT to me on 9/23/22. A couple of days later I noticed a red liquid on my garage floor underneath the front of my vehicle. On 9/28/22 Lucid transported my car to its Beverly Hills service center to assess the issue. It turned out to be a front drive unit coolant leak. The right-hand seal where the half-shaft mates was leaking. Lucid replaced the front drive unit under warranty and returned my car to me on 10/10/22. Not a verry good start.

Back