Charging Error with Chargepoint?

Ron Yu

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Anyone get this “Charging Error” with Chargepoint? I got so desperate that I tried charging with 110V cable and got the same “Charging Error.” I got on the phone with both Lucid and Chargepoint with no luck. I wound up getting stranded and had to wait 6+ hours to get my car towed.

Anyone get this “Charging Error” with Chargepoint? I got so desperate that I tried charging with 110V cable and got the same “Charging Error.” I got on the phone with both Lucid and Chargepoint with no luck. I wound up getting stranded and had to wait 6+ hours to get my car towed.
At a public charger? Or in your home? Did Lucid try and have you reset the vehicle? More details about yout issue would be helpful.

Thanks and here are the details: I was stuck in remote town in NV - too far from the nearest Electrify America so I stopped at the only public Chargepoint. Spent 1 hour on the phone with Chargepoint. Lucid had me do a sw reset and just told me to call Chargepoint (no diagnosis or remote repair attempts) - 8 failed attempts. Then I found a 110V outlet and got the store manager’s approval to plug in. Same “Charging Error” problem. By that time I was down to 30miles range… on the service side, Lucid roadside assistance service took 4 hours to send a tow truck, couldn’t get a Lyft of Uber or taxi to give me a ride back to our hotel so we crammed into a single seat. 2am (8 hours total time) we arrived safely.

Was the ChargePoint station a level 2 AC charger, or a DC fast charger?
It sounds like there may be something wrong with your car if the 120V charge also didn't work.
Might be interesting to look at Plugshare for the ChargePoint station that didn't work for you, and see if others had a similar issue.

Thanks and here are the details: I was stuck in remote town in NV - too far from the nearest Electrify America so I stopped at the only public Chargepoint. Spent 1 hour on the phone with Chargepoint. Lucid had me do a sw reset and just told me to call Chargepoint (no diagnosis or remote repair attempts) - 8 failed attempts. Then I found a 110V outlet and got the store manager’s approval to plug in. Same “Charging Error” problem. By that time I was down to 30miles range… on the service side, Lucid roadside assistance service took 4 hours to send a tow truck, couldn’t get a Lyft of Uber or taxi to give me a ride back to our hotel so we crammed into a single seat. 2am (8 hours total time) we arrived safely.
I assume the error message was displayed by the car. I have had this error at an EA station. It appeared to me the charger was not communicating with the car, and eventually the car displayed a charge error. I switched to another charger and the session authenticated. The issue with 110v however is very odd. Perhaps the outlet was not energized, and thus the car issued an error. This sort of scenario is very frustrating for sure. It does challenge the whole EV ownership experience.

Looks like Lucid and ChargePoint are not talking to each other to ensure charger(s) and cars are working together. Your's is public charger issue and I've a long standing issue with Home Flex charger that neither of them are able to resolve
Lucid towed my car to service center in VA about 380 miles and changed some power systems but couldn't resolve the issue. This is a very frustrating experience to reset the homeflex after every charging session of LUCID AGT.

Back