Chargepoint Home Flex unit issues maybe solved

Here is an update since I last wrote about the issue of my ChargePoint Homeflex charger tripping after each use. My charger now works perfectly. I go out of my way to try to get it to trip, and I can't. I can wake up the car with the FOB, or with the Lucid app to start the charging session. I can open up the app during the charging session, and the charger works perfectly. It seems like something has changed (software?) as I no longer experience the issue of the charger tripping at the end of the charging session.

As an aside, and out of the blue, ChargePoint sent me a new charger, presumably because I had earlier informed them that I was experiencing a tripping problem. I did not change my unit out (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!), and I returned the new unit to ChargePoint.

Here is an update since I last wrote about the issue of my ChargePoint Homeflex charger tripping after each use. My charger now works perfectly. I go out of my way to try to get it to trip, and I can't. I can wake up the car with the FOB, or with the Lucid app to start the charging session. I can open up the app during the charging session, and the charger works perfectly. It seems like something has changed (software?) as I no longer experience the issue of the charger tripping at the end of the charging session.

As an aside, and out of the blue, ChargePoint sent me a new charger, presumably because I had earlier informed them that I was experiencing a tripping problem. I did not change my unit out (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!), and I returned the new unit to ChargePoint.
My Chargepoint has also fixed itself but not sure how it was done. When I originally posted this thread, I was having the problem and a couple weeks go by and charger has been fine ever since. I am hopeful that Lucid fixed the issue with an update but have no proof.

I am fully up to date on software but still have the tripping issue.

Still having issues with mine. Trips nearly every day.

I have been very successful lately using the cars onboard charging scheduler for my midnight charge. First, I wake up the car with either the fob or my phone and then plug in my HomeFlex long before Midnight and then let the car go back to sleep, I do not wake up the car again or I do not check via the app the charging status again until I get the message from the Lucid App or my ChargePoint app that my charging is complete or drawing zero power. When I go to unplug the red tripping light does not come on. However, several weeks ago I didn’t completely follow that process and I did trip the red light and had to flip the breaker to reset. btw, I have the latest software update.

I have been very successful lately using the cars onboard charging scheduler for my midnight charge. First, I wake up the car with either the fob or my phone and then plug in my HomeFlex long before Midnight and then let the car go back to sleep, I do not wake up the car again or I do not check via the app the charging status again until I get the message from the Lucid App or my ChargePoint app that my charging is complete or drawing zero power. When I go to unplug the red tripping light does not come on. However, several weeks ago I didn’t completely follow that process and I did trip the red light and had to flip the breaker to reset. btw, I have the latest software update.
Nice, this a good work around with multiple steps to follow. I wish LUCID works with ChargePoint to resolve and make it seamless experience for LUCID car owners with ChargePoint Home Flex.

Back