• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Sounds like an excuse to me. Apple may be inflexible, but everyone else is launching their cars with CarPlay. Lucid should have built the hardware and software to those rules in the first place, rather than struggling to retrofit after launching the car.
No retrofit will be needed and we don’t know if they are “struggling” to implement CarPlay. It’s probably mostly done and going to be released as a large update with a bunch of other improvements.

Is the iX software a port from the i3? I've not been in any EVs from BMW
No iDrive 8 is new. I am sure it will have many issues. Just as each iOS and Android release has pluses and minuses, now we will have that for our cars as well as our phones. We just have to hope the updates patch the worst of the bugs.

And for those of us who are not Apple-branded consumers? I'm just waiting for stable radio and dreaming for Srius/XM.

Sounds like an excuse to me. Apple may be inflexible, but everyone else is launching their cars with CarPlay. Lucid should have built the hardware and software to those rules in the first place, rather than struggling to retrofit after launching the car.
You're suggesting that Lucid build their UX around implementing CarPlay? That's absurd

And for those of us who are not Apple-branded consumers? I'm just waiting for stable radio and dreaming for Srius/XM.
Actually installing SiriusXM satellite radio in the Lucid is not theoretically hard. The hard part is actually routing the wiring and where to install the controller – in other words, making a clean install. I've done this type of install on a Tesla Model 3 & Model Y using an iPhone. Lucid has the advantage that you can have a separate Bluetooth input, not tied to your phone. On the Tesla, the Phone and Bluetooth are one and necessitates an app running on your phone to route the audio signal from the lighting connector to Bluetooth. With Lucid you just need an audio to Bluetooth interface and can bypass the phone.

You're suggesting that Lucid build their UX around implementing CarPlay? That's absurd
People use their phones non stop. They are familiar with the phones more than any other product they own. It was a huge missed opportunity by Lucid to not have car play and Android Auto working day one. The company has been around for 14 years. The same as the iPhone. Familiarity builds trust and also would have made many apps instantly available. My wife has a Lexus she loves and would keep it for years longer, except it does not have Car Play. She would rather drive a Honda with car play than the Lexus without.

Actually installing SiriusXM satellite radio in the Lucid is not theoretically hard. The hard part is actually routing the wiring and where to install the controller – in other words, making a clean install. I've done this type of install on a Tesla Model 3 & Model Y using an iPhone. Lucid has the advantage that you can have a separate Bluetooth input, not tied to your phone. On the Tesla, the Phone and Bluetooth are one and necessitates an app running on your phone to route the audio signal from the lighting connector to Bluetooth. With Lucid you just need an audio to Bluetooth interface and can bypass the phone.
So, I have to do it? It will never be implemented by Lucid? So much for my Dream experience.

So, I have to do it? It will never be implemented by Lucid? So much for my Dream experience.

It requires hardware that isn’t on the car, so yeah. Also, they never said it had XM ‍♂️

They may add an app similar to what iOS has, but it’ll still use cell, not satellite.

It requires hardware that isn’t on the car, so yeah. Also, they never said it had XM ‍♂️

They may add an app similar to what iOS has, but it’ll still use cell, not satellite.
Got it.

I think Lucid spent too much time focused on Tesla vs the rest of the automotive industry. There is only one Model S, only one iPhone. Lucid does not have the time Tesla had to get it right. The window is closing fast for Lucid and Rivian.

I have no idea if Lucid will ever implement satellite XM Radio. But you could be up and running in an afternoon, if you do it yourself (the installation, may not look pretty.) If Lucid had properly planned for satellite XM radio, they would have included a standard XM connector on their audio system, which would connect to a XM tuner. Many other car brands have these connectors on there factory radios. Of course, Lucid would also need to have made some provisions for a proper place to install the satellite antenna. See for example:

People use their phones non stop. They are familiar with the phones more than any other product they own. It was a huge missed opportunity by Lucid to not have car play and Android Auto working day one. The company has been around for 14 years. The same as the iPhone. Familiarity builds trust and also would have made many apps instantly available. My wife has a Lexus she loves and would keep it for years longer, except it does not have Car Play. She would rather drive a Honda with car play than the Lexus without.
Oh, I agree it should have been available, but my comment was to the other poster saying Lucid should have developed their hardware and software around Apple integration

Oh, I agree it should have been available, but my comment was to the other poster saying Lucid should have developed their hardware and software around Apple integration
If I were to set an over under for Apple vs Android for Lucid owners I would be somewhere between 75 to 80% Apple. Lucid knows for sure based on the App.

I think Lucid spent too much time focused on Tesla vs the rest of the automotive industry. There is only one Model S, only one iPhone. Lucid does not have the time Tesla had to get it right. The window is closing fast for Lucid and Rivian.

I dunno. Even with the software issues, I’d buy the DE again. It’s the best car I’ve ever driven.

The software *will* catch up.

I dunno. Even with the software issues, I’d buy the DE again. It’s the best car I’ve ever driven.

The software *will* catch up.
Perhaps. But in the first 3 months they have not fixed anything on my top 10 list. I have not even spent time to documented any of the issues with controls on the upper screen as is is all so bad as to be unusable while driving in my opinion. This is a car.

Perhaps. But in the first 3 months they have not fixed anything on my top 10 list. I have not even spent time to documented any of the issues with controls on the upper screen as is is all so bad as to be unusable while driving in my opinion. This is a car.
Is everything on your top 10 list already included in our consolidated UX suggestions/fixes post? If not, please share!

I have no idea if Lucid will ever implement satellite XM Radio. But you could be up and running in an afternoon, if you do it yourself (the installation, may not look pretty.) If Lucid had properly planned for satellite XM radio, they would have included a standard XM connector on their audio system, which would connect to a XM tuner. Many other car brands have these connectors on there factory radios. Of course, Lucid would also need to have made some provisions for a proper place to install the satellite antenna. See for example:
The link doesn't work. :-(

OK, got it to work. Thank you.
Well, I thought I had it for a second, but now it's gone again and doesn't reload. I'll try to parse out the link components.

Back