• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Car registration

Bishop

Specifically looking for FL owners experiences, but others might just as valid.

Are you going to DMV to get the car registered or is Lucid handling that?

After placing my order, my DA asked for vehicle registration information including my address. This implies to me that Lucid may initially register the car in the state of the service center closest to you and then transfers the title to your state (or skips a step and registers it in your state). I'd like to hear from someone that has actually gone through a home delivery in a state different from the final inspection service center.

After placing my order, my DA asked for vehicle registration information including my address. This implies to me that Lucid may initially register the car in the state of the service center closest to you and then transfers the title to your state (or skips a step and registers it in your state). I'd like to hear from someone that has actually gone through a home delivery in a state different from the final inspection service center.
Ideally, I want it registered to my FL address but delivered to me in Boston. And I've stated that I was willing to drive it from FL to MA but I want it wrapped before I do the 1300 mile trip. It's just logistics then.

I was assigned a VIN last week. I am registering in NY and taking delivery in CA. Neither my wife nor my driver’s license are from either of those states. DA didn’t seem phased by this combo. I’ll keep you updated.

They registered it for me, after I filled out the paperwork to transfer my CA vanity plate to it.

What they *didn’t do*, however, and didn’t tell me they wouldn’t do, is get the DMV to send me sequential plates for the car I transferred my vanity plates *from*. I went to AAA to check on that and found out it wasn’t registered 😠. Luckily, AAA handed me sequential plates that day and I ordered new vanity plates for the old car.

They registered it for me, after I filled out the paperwork to transfer my CA vanity plate to it.

What they *didn’t do*, however, and didn’t tell me they wouldn’t do, is get the DMV to send me sequential plates for the car I transferred my vanity plates *from*. I went to AAA to check on that and found out it wasn’t registered 😠. Luckily, AAA handed me sequential plates that day and I ordered new vanity plates for the old car.
Will they register for NEW vanity plates for the Lucid or just file the paperwork to transfer from another car?

Will they register for NEW vanity plates for the Lucid or just file the paperwork to transfer from another car?
They will. They'll handle any registration needs for the Lucid; if you're transferring from another vehicle, you're on your own for *that vehicle* though. The annoyance is that nobody told me that and it was hard to get clarity (and I eventually never did; once I got the registration for the Lucid, which was actually pretty quick, I just went to AAA to have them check, and discovered my old car needed to be re-plated (and smogged, lol)).

Not in AZ, Lucid will only transfer a vanity plate from another car. They will not apply for a new vanity plate. This may be different for each state.

I just went to AAA to have them check, and discovered my old car needed to be re-plated (and smogged, lol)).
I am going to love never having to smog test again after the Lucid replaces our last gas car!

Not in AZ, Lucid will only transfer a vanity plate from another car. They will not apply for a new vanity plate. This may be different for each state.
Good to know when I get to that point.

Good to know! I can only speak to CA.

My DA just replied to that question saying "Yes, the registration will be submitted on your behalf by Lucid. You will receive your permanent plates in the mail after taking delivery"

My DA just replied to that question saying "Yes, the registration will be submitted on your behalf by Lucid. You will receive your permanent plates in the mail after taking delivery"
That is basic registration and regular plates though, and not custom plates. I’ll follow up. I’m in CA so they might do the vanity plates if @borski is correct.

Yes, Lucid handles the basic (non-vanity) plates for AZ.

Yes, Lucid handles the basic (non-vanity) plates for AZ.
So I'll get the permanent registration and basic plates in the mail, and then I'll need to order vanity plates. Do I have that right?

So I'll get the permanent registration and basic plates in the mail, and then I'll need to order vanity plates. Do I have that right?
Yes. If you log into the AZ MVD website you can see when Lucid submits the paperwork. For me it was one or two days after Lucid had the power of attorney form to file the registration. Once it is in the MVD system, you can apply for vanity plates before the regular plates come in the mail. I am not sure how long the vanity plates will take to arrive.

Hmm, what is the power of attorney form? I don't recall signing that when I took possession of the car yesterday. Only two forms: acknowledgement of receipt and permission to post photos for social media. Is there another form I should get?

Hmm, what is the power of attorney form? I don't recall signing that when I took possession of the car yesterday. Only two forms: acknowledgement of receipt and permission to post photos for social media. Is there another form I should get?
Lucid will overnight it to you with a return overnight Fedex envelop. Just check the details since they did mess mine up. I am surprised that they do not do it during pick up.

So this was after you picked up the car then. Very timely thread as I had asked my SA from yesterday what the process was. Thanks!

So this was after you picked up the car then. Very timely thread as I had asked my SA from yesterday what the process was. Thanks!
Yes, after pick up. I had thought that everything was done with the docusign packet before pick up so I was not expecting the fedex envelop 1-2 weeks later.

Back