Registration and title in NJ

apatel87

I want to know if anybody else who is registering a car in New Jersey had any issues. We received a FedEx package a month afterwards and it did not include any plates, but included a certificate of ownership, and they had asked us to go to the DMV to get the official plates. Is there anything else that needs to be done? I also did not receive any title. Did anybody that is a New Jersey resident get the title and registration at the DMV? I would’ve assumed that they would’ve just sent me license plates like I have had done with Tesla in the past. The title is important to me as I’m probably going to be transferring the title to another state. Any insight on the New Jersey process would be helpful. The car is fully paid for.

I picked up my car in December and they sent me a fedex package a month later with documents that I had to verify and sign and then a power of attorney for lucid to apply plates on my behalf. It took 5 weeks after I returned the forms to receive my title and plates. I was not asked to go to the DMV

I picked up my car in December and they sent me a fedex package a month later with documents that I had to verify and sign and then a power of attorney for lucid to apply plates on my behalf. It took 5 weeks after I returned the forms to receive my title and plates. I was not asked to go to the DMV
Did you have to mail these documents back to Lucid or did you just take them to the local lucid show room in short Hills?

Did you have to mail these documents back to Lucid or did you just take them to the local lucid show room in short Hills?
I mailed it back. They sent a pre paid overnight envelope for me to return the documents

I received myAT in early April at Short Hills. By the end of the month I received the FedEx package from Lucid. I signed at all the places they had marked on the documents. Made an appointment (required) at DMV in Lakewood (not all sites handle titles and tags). Took my Licid packet on the day of my appointment with my roof of auto insurance and the AZ registration slip I was given the day I picked up the car gave it to the person at the first counter who looked everything over, smiled and said Lucid had done everything right. I then went to the next counter where I was issued my title and given a tag. Also I had to pay $100+. All-in-all it was a as efficient a process as I have experienced at a DMV.

I room delivery in mid May, got a package from Lucid with PoA etc and shipped it back to them guess 2 weeks back. I haven’t heard or received anything from them since then. I hope I don’t have to go to DMV, hate that place to my guts.

I room delivery in mid May, got a package from Lucid with PoA etc and shipped it back to them guess 2 weeks back. I haven’t heard or received anything from them since then. I hope I don’t have to go to DMV, hate that place to my guts.
Took me about 4-6 weeks. You shouldn’t have to go to DMV. Just takes a while .

My experience was about the same. Car in Feb got FedEx package with forms, returned by mail then got plates via FedEx 4/12.

Back