Can't register online - DC DMV doesn't know what a Lucid is!

Spin Doctor

Verified Owner
Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
So I received my title from the dealer in NJ over the weekend. Went to the DC DMV website this morning to 'skip the trip' and do the registration / title thing online, but ... 'Lucid' does not exist in the drop-down list of vehicle manufacturers.

I've sent them a feedback form alerting them of this, but I fear I'll need to make a trip to the DMV in person.

So I received my title from the dealer in NJ over the weekend. Went to the DC DMV website this morning to 'skip the trip' and do the registration / title thing online, but ... 'Lucid' does not exist in the drop-down list of vehicle manufacturers.

I've sent them a feedback form alerting them of this, but I fear I'll need to make a trip to the DMV in person.
Sign up for AAA and do it at one of their offices. It’s so much easier than ever stepping foot across the gates of hell.

Thanks for paving the way for me with DC DMV when it comes time to register my Pure RWD. That will be awile down the road, so they should have Lucid as a drop down by then!

Sign up for AAA and do it at one of their offices. It’s so much easier than ever stepping foot across the gates of hell.
Not an option here in the capital of the free world, alas. But the DMV are generally pretty efficient.
Thanks for paving the way for me with DC DMV when it comes time to register my Pure RWD. That will be awile down the road, so they should have Lucid as a drop down by then!
Shouldn't be a problem for you - with a new vehicle Lucid will take care of it for you :)

Shout out to the DC DMV. I went along this afternoon and waited all of two minutes before my number was called. No issue at all with them knowing what a Lucid was, the gentleman who took care of me professed himself to be something of an EV fan, drives a BMW i3, and was very excited to be registering one :)

So now I have tags, parking permit and the all-important 'inspection exempt - non-expiring' sticker ... just need to ask the nice people at Tysons to fit the front plate mount for me.

I got the inspection exempt sticker and I didn't pay any tax ... are there any other perks I should have asked for?

I think the only other one I read about was a reduced registration fee for the first 2 years.
No sales tax is the best perk of all!!!

Hey you're right - I was charged the Class III registration fee of $250 / yr, but looking at the website it's $36 / yr for EVs for the first two years. Need to get that refunded pronto. Thanks!

Back