Reserving a lucid air (non-Dream Edition) is confusing

rpavlicek

Cars
Tesla Model S
I reserved a "Lucid Air" in April 2018 in the amount of $2,500.

I recently received the email on how to create my account on the lucid website (linked it to my reservation email). I am interested in the Grand Touring model and played around with the configurations. When I go to "Reserve Now", I get sent to a page where they ask for a $1,000 reservation payment. There is also text that reads:
Already have a reservation? Create a Lucid Account to view your existing reservation(s) or upgrade to a Dream Edition (U.S. & Canada only).

This seems strange. They know I have a reservation but ask for money and this text implies I am not logged in or ...? Yet if I navigate to account reservations it shows a generic reservation called "Lucid Air" (no specification) with the amount $2500. I'm not sure if it really matters right now, but their website seems to have a disconnect and doesn't have a order configuration process yet -- I assume they are just taking money for a "spot" of the particular car you want (Dream Edition or other). In my case, I think I'm not supposed to pay them any additional fee, but was wondering if any other reservation holders are experiencing something similar.

Thanks!

The new website is a bit of a hash job.

$2,500 was the cost of a non-Dream Edition reservation back in 2018. It was reduced to $1,000 some months ago, and people were offered a refund of the $1,500 difference without losing their places in line.

There has been a more recent similar reduction in the Dream Edition deposit from $25,500 to $7,500, with the same refund offer.

It seems that some old information is still embedded in the new website. I think your best course is to call the Lucid Sales number and talk to someone to be sure you are registered the way you want to be.

Back