Initial Title in Arizona and then Transfer?

travelermark

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Hey there,
Curious about one thing. Getting ready to take delivery of my Air Touring in a couple of weeks. Working with my bank, they figured out that Lucid will register and title the vehicle in Arizona and then I’ll have to transfer it to Washington state and pay the registration again. Anyone know if this is correct or if there is a way to avoid this ‘double charge’?

Hey there,
Curious about one thing. Getting ready to take delivery of my Air Touring in a couple of weeks. Working with my bank, they figured out that Lucid will register and title the vehicle in Arizona and then I’ll have to transfer it to Washington state and pay the registration again. Anyone know if this is correct or if there is a way to avoid this ‘double charge’?

Where are you taking delivery? If you take delivery in Arizona, the state has ten day drive out plates for out of state buyers. If you are taking delivery in Washington, there should be no need to register it in Arizona. I am not sure about titling.

Where are you taking delivery? If you take delivery in Arizona, the state has ten day drive out plates for out of state buyers. If you are taking delivery in Washington, there should be no need to register it in Arizona. I am not sure about titling.
I’m taking delivery in Washington state. The way it is unfolding it seems I have to go and do the title myself as well. I’m new to the model of not purchasing through a local dealership so learning here.

Hey there,
When I took delivery in Seattle, I had temp tags from Arizona but filled out the necessary paperwork to have title issued in WA. I essentially paid the WA tax and title fees to Arizona, which then, through some magic of Lucid corporate and a small transfer fee payable to AZ, got them to WA. I paid nothing extra when WA tags and title were issued.

When I took delivery in Seattle, I had temp tags from Arizona but filled out the necessary paperwork to have title issued in WA. I essentially paid the WA tax and title fees to Arizona, which then, through some magic of Lucid corporate and a small transfer fee payable to AZ, got them to WA. I paid nothing extra when WA tags and title were issued.
thanks. This is helpful.

Back