Body shop

yhenry

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Unfortunately, I was the victim of a hit and run at a parking lot. Some other vehicles dent the back quarter panel while my Lucid was parked in a parking lot while we were having dinner.

I'm awaiting a quote from Bel-Red Rebuild from a reference from Lucid, does anyone here have experience with a body shop that can repair something like this at a reasonable price please? Thanks.

They are the only shop authorized to fix Lucid's my car is currently there it was rear ended in November 2023 and I just got it in a few weeks ago , I havent heard anything from them yet.

That’s what they say, a second hand touring is $90k, it’s hard to imagine replacing the bumper is more than 1/2 the value of the vehicle.

The parts are probably less than 10k, at $200 per hour, does replacing the bumper really take 200 hours?

This seriously can’t be the way. They are gouging

The parts are probably less than 10k, at $200 per hour, does replacing the bumper really take 200 hours?
$50K is a lot. But it's more than just a bumper replacement. There's a lot of sensors and cameras in that bumper, and they all have to be replaced and calibrated as well.

One reason auto insurance rates are high, the cost of repair/replacement $$$

Ok, $15,500 in parts the rest is body, paint, mechanical, frame , paint supplies and then tax plus my rental car .

Sure it does, plus I had uninsured motorist on my policy also just in case but I had the car wrapped when I first got it …and the I got hit 6 months later that stings a little insurance doesn’t pay for that.. it’s considered aftermarket add on

damn this sucks!

Some states have much lower totaling percentages of actual cash value. Others use a different formula with salvage and other variables. The cost of my accident finally hit the 75% mark for Alabama.

The last quote from a certified body shop near Atlanta quoted 84k for the damages you will see under the insurance thread. You can DM me to compare notes to see how the estimates compare. I am allowed to share the supplemental quote, but the original from USAA cannot be shared according to the terms and agreements.

Maybe you will get a better rate at a different certified shop, but there's the cost factor of towing and what not. I don't see pictures while writing this post of your car to compare.

Sure it does, plus I had uninsured motorist on my policy also just in case but I had the car wrapped when I first got it …and the I got hit 6 months later that stings a little insurance doesn’t pay for that.. it’s considered aftermarket add on
I had the same situation. My original GT was wrapped, then totaled just three weeks later. Now that I know, coverage for that is added onto the policy, just in case anything happens to this one.

Back