Body shop

I had the same situation. My original GT was wrapped, then totaled just three weeks later. Now that I know, coverage for that is added onto the policy, just in case anything happens to this one.
The other thing you can look for is “agreed value” coverage rather than cash replacement - the former pays you what you agreed ahead of time the car was worth (minus depreciation) vs what insurance thinks the car could be worth if you sold it today.

If my DE gets totaled, because of today’s prices, I get a new DE, PPF and radar/laser covered, and an additional 20-30k.

Just got the news they totaled the car and guy had no insurance. I'm out quite a bit of money on this one.
The shop updated the repair cost to $40k after they took the car apart. The insurance company is considering a total as well. I might be out quite a bit of money on this one too. Sad.

Has anyone tried to use Pacific Auto Body yet. I just found out that's another certified body shop in the area.

Final update on this saga, the body shop caused more damage in the process of taking apart the car including damaging the rear windshield. Ultimately the insurance company is totaling the car.

If you’re reading this, do yourself a favor and at least comparison shop between the different body shops. Stay away from Bel-Red body shop as far as possible.

Final update on this saga, the body shop caused more damage in the process of taking apart the car including damaging the rear windshield. Ultimately the insurance company is totaling the car.

If you’re reading this, do yourself a favor and at least comparison shop between the different body shops. Stay away from Bel-Red body shop as far as possible.
Does the insurance company go after the body shop or what?

I had experience with Bel-rad - they gave me an estimate of $4800 for a minor scrape in parking lot. Small dent and a scrape with a piece of loose plastic. State Farm allotted $1500 for repair. I replaced the plastic at the Lucid shop in Seattle Service Center. $17. A dent guy popped out the dent for $150. I obtained some Lucid paint from a body shop in Scottsdale and touched up the scrape. You can still see it but I have forgotten about it. Only noticeable if you look for it and know it's there. I think in general be careful of all body shops but the Bel-Red one has a reputation and State Farm was very clear about their pricing.

Has anyone tried to use Pacific Auto Body yet. I just found out that's another certified body shop in the area.
Pacific was the shop that quoted me $8k for my rear bumper trim damage.
I didn't use them -- instead I replaced the $700 part myself.
They couldn't sell me just the part, but the service center did.
Thread here.
A buddy of mine (zenith red Touring) is living his own Bel-Red hassle: swirly paint job, not acceptable.

Is Bel-Red a Lucid authorized repair center? If so, you should really let Lucid know how much these guys failed at their job.

Is there a link with all the Lucid approved and certified repair centers?

Pacific was the shop that quoted me $8k for my rear bumper trim damage.
I didn't use them -- instead I replaced the $700 part myself.
They couldn't sell me just the part, but the service center did.
Thread here.
A buddy of mine (zenith red Touring) is living his own Bel-Red hassle: swirly paint job, not acceptable.

I wouldn't complain about the $8k damage, the Bel-Red damaged my car further and resulted in my perfectly drivable and some cosmetic damages. Insurance would of cover it.

Back