• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Battery usage during traffic jam

EVCar

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
GT
Showing off my ignorance here, but I don’t know what to expect in a stop and go traffic jam. Would the charge go down less than driving the car the same duration at normal speed, assuming all variables such as running AC, etc are the same?
Thanks in advance.

Showing off my ignorance here, but I don’t know what to expect in a stop and go traffic jam. Would the charge go down less than driving the car the same duration at normal speed, assuming all variables such as running AC, etc are the same?
Thanks in advance.
Moving the car makes the charge go down more than not moving.

Ok, so if caught in a a traffic mess like the 24-hour plus snowstorm in Virginia a couple of months ago, all the EVs would run down the SOC.
I'm curious how long it'd take to drain the battery when idling .

Ok, so if caught in a a traffic mess like the 24-hour plus snowstorm in Virginia a couple of months ago, all the EVs would run down the SOC.
I'm curious how long it'd take to drain the

The battery pack was 82kwh, so given the same efficiency the Lucid Dream 118 kwh could last 73 hours

The battery pack was 82kwh, so given the same efficiency the Lucid Dream 118 kwh could last 73 hours
Thanks, @hydbob. That's reassuring to know.
Wanted this info because one time, we're caught for what seemed like hours on the 2-lane 60 between Riverside and Cabazon because of a jackknifed truck. The tank was full at the time, fortunately.

Back