Suggestion to make it easier to deal with variable effective range

I am confused still. The one hour and 56 minutes is showing time to my FINAL destination. The 60 miles on arrival is what was displaying when I stopped to recharge. I interpreted the 60 miles to be reflective of distance remaining when I made the stop at my recharging point? How could my car possibly be displaying 60 miles at the final destination, before I recharge the battery, if the car doesn’t know how much juice I’m going to pump in at this recharging station?
That’s incorrect; the “miles on arrival” is the amount of range the car estimates you’ll have left once you arrive at your final destination, not at any intermediate stops.

The “miles on arrival” should update once you’ve charged the car. If it doesn’t, that’s a bug you should report.

The SOC% (or remaining mileage) displayed in the bottom center of the driver console is the *present state* at the current time, and the mileage does not update in real time based on where you’re going.

The “miles on arrival” mileage, on the left, for how much you’ll have when you arrive at your destination, is what I was saying has been accurate within 1mi or so.

When you are using Lucid Navigation, in the pilot panel where the complete route directions are shown, at the bottom of it, has the arrival SOC. In my experience, it has been deadly accurate.

After you recharged, did it change?
It did change after the recharge. It showed 302 miles on arrival @ 60% SOC. Again, the math seems fuzzy; 60% x 112KW = 67.2. 302/67.2=4.49mi/KW. My average for this last leg was again 3.8mi/KW

It did change after the recharge. It showed 302 miles on arrival @ 60% SOC. Again, the math seems fuzzy; 60% x 112KW = 67.2. 302/67.2=4.49mi/KW. My average for this last leg was again 3.8mi/KW
It will continue to update as you drive to become more accurate based on your efficiency during that drive.

I am confused still. The one hour and 56 minutes is showing time to my FINAL destination. The 60 miles on arrival is what was displaying when I stopped to recharge. I interpreted the 60 miles to be reflective of distance remaining when I made the stop at my recharging point? How could my car possibly be displaying 60 miles at the final destination, before I recharge the battery, if the car doesn’t know how much juice I’m going to pump in at this recharging station?
Just adding that if native nav adds a charging stop, the display will show miles remaining at the stop. Once recharged, it will update miles remaining at destination. Then keep updating as you drive and encounter different conditions that impact your efficiency.

The miles remining at the destination is in EPA miles. If I convert EPA miles to % of battery, it is spot on. For that, it is very useful on trips, much much better than it was before. I can actually trust it now to know the battery percentage at arrival. However, the miles remaining is not representative of the true miles. To get that one has to convert battery percentage to current efficiency.

The miles remining at the destination is in EPA miles. If I convert EPA miles to % of battery, it is spot on. For that, it is very useful on trips, much much better than it was before. I can actually trust it now to know the battery percentage at arrival. However, the miles remaining is not representative of the true miles. To get that one has to convert battery percentage to current efficiency.

I hope the will have have 2 readings down the road, Projected remaining and Real World remaining. It would be better reference.

That’s incorrect; the “miles on arrival” is the amount of range the car estimates you’ll have left once you arrive at your final destination, not at any intermediate stops.

The “miles on arrival” should update once you’ve charged the car. If it doesn’t, that’s a bug you should report.

The SOC% (or remaining mileage) displayed in the bottom center of the driver console is the *present state* at the current time, and the mileage does not update in real time based on where you’re going.

The “miles on arrival” mileage, on the left, for how much you’ll have when you arrive at your destination, is what I was saying has been accurate within 1mi or so.
So do you guys still use ABRP, or just let the Lucid nav dictate your stops along the way?

@HariK as someone who just did a road trip recently, what were you using mostly for navigation?

Also with Kyle and Out of Spec reviews commenting on the Signet surge, it's probably best not to show up to a charger too low SOC anyways

My fix is to simply change the main display to show SOC as a %. Then if I have a destination in the Nav, the miles estimate is pretty good -- unless there is an elevation gain. Then it is driver beware.

My fix is to simply change the main display to show SOC as a %. Then if I have a destination in the Nav, the miles estimate is pretty good -- unless there is an elevation gain. Then it is driver beware.
The estimated miles at arrival when using navigation accounts for elevation. I recently did a 170 mile drive with 4000 feet of elevation gain, that estimated miles remaining predicted by navigation when I left home was exactly what I arrived with. I was amazed at its accuracy. For the record, it was off by one mile on my return trip.

Really? My experience has been quite different. Maybe this has improved in a recent software update?

Really? My experience has been quite different. Maybe this has improved in a recent software update?
Yes the improvement was included with the recent updates and I agree that prior to that the accuracy of the miles remaining was not great.

Truly fantastic news! I can't wait to try it.

Also with Kyle and Out of Spec reviews commenting on the Signet surge, it's probably best not to show up to a charger too low SOC anyways
The surge is annoying but doesn’t prevent you from getting a charge.

So do you guys still use ABRP, or just let the Lucid nav dictate your stops along the way?

@HariK as someone who just did a road trip recently, what were you using mostly for navigation?

I used Plugshare to plan where to charge and gave the locations to Lucid Nav. ABRP was too complicated to use. I will cancel the premium subscription to ABRP when it expires.

Yeah, but you can be stuck there for well over 40 minutes
Sure, agreed. It’s not ideal. But “it's probably best not to show up to a charger too low SOC anyways” doesn’t apply much here, imho, since you can easily get a quick charge to 20% (in a lot less than 40 mins) and move wherever.

Yeah, but you can be stuck there for well over 40 minutes
I guess being retired has changed my perspective, but I don’t mind hanging out at a charger for 40 minutes if that’s what it takes. A little Candy Crush, a little bit of Wordle, listen to the radio. Life is good.

I guess being retired has changed my perspective, but I don’t mind hanging out at a charger for 40 minutes if that’s what it takes. A little Candy Crush, a little bit of Wordle, listen to the radio. Life is good.
I agree it's not the end of the world. There was just some places that I needed to be out of fast, especially when trying to catch reservations and other things at hotels. I remember the Michigan chargers held me up for a bit and I didn't want to hang around.
But yeah, it's not too bad all things considered.

Back