Suggestion to make it easier to deal with variable effective range

So I just charged my Touring to 100% for the first time since I got it. I’m at 8,100 miles on the car. I was surprised that this was the expected range. Am I to assume that these are real world miles and not EPA miles?

Attachments

• IMG_3732.png
    IMG_3732.png
    500 KB · Views: 61
So I just charged my Touring to 100% for the first time since I got it. I’m at 8,100 miles on the car. I was surprised that this was the expected range. Am I to assume that these are real world miles and not EPA miles?
Yes, that number is basically BS.
And I wouldn't worry about that number at all.

Those are EPA miles. I assume you have 20" or 21" wheels?

That number means nothing because you'll never get that range unless you truly hypermile. Just pay attention to the percentage and estimate your range based on your efficiency (i.e. 3 mi/kWh x 112 kWh [for GT] = 336 mile range).

EPA miles on 20” or 21” wheels.

You can hit EPA if you do high regen, on moderate warm weather and 45 mph. The faster you go, the lesser the efficiency, basically opposite of ICE gas consumption Highway/city.

Those are EPA miles. I assume you have 20" or 21" wheels?

That number means nothing because you'll never get that range unless you truly hypermile. Just pay attention to the percentage and estimate your range based on your efficiency (i.e. 3 mi/kWh x 112 kWh [for GT] = 336 mile range).
Yup, riding the 20” Michelin’s …

2023 AT/19" wheels/smooth from April-October (avg temp~75) 8.6K miles with avg of 4.0mi/kwh, mostly stop and go driving. This weekend on I-95 DC to CT left early AM (temp 49-50s) 3.2mi/kwh -unexpected reduction in range led to charging enroute, which I was able to avoid on prior summer trip. Found functioning EAs slightly off route I-95 - Fort Lee NJ/ East Brunswick NJ. Overall trip ~3.6mi/kwh, but driving temps subsequently somewhat warmer. Wondering how much further degradation in expected range as temps drop this winter. Also noted "Battery Preconditioning" notification while driving, although I hadn't manually selected preconditioning. Clipped a couple of curbs in NYC, but 19" wheels at 49psi held up. Parked on street in Brooklyn and NYC for several hours, but garaged at night.

2023 AT/19" wheels/smooth from April-October (avg temp~75) 8.6K miles with avg of 4.0mi/kwh, mostly stop and go driving. This weekend on I-95 DC to CT left early AM (temp 49-50s) 3.2mi/kwh -unexpected reduction in range led to charging enroute, which I was able to avoid on prior summer trip. Found functioning EAs slightly off route I-95 - Fort Lee NJ/ East Brunswick NJ. Overall trip ~3.6mi/kwh, but driving temps subsequently somewhat warmer. Wondering how much further degradation in expected range as temps drop this winter. Also noted "Battery Preconditioning" notification while driving, although I hadn't manually selected preconditioning. Clipped a couple of curbs in NYC, but 19" wheels at 49psi held up. Parked on street in Brooklyn and NYC for several hours, but garaged at night.
If you had selected an EA charger, the car will auto-precondition for you roughly 30 min before reaching the charger in the NAV.

Back