Jet Engine Noise Stopped during charging.

Boomer AZ

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
My SA told me that some Lucids sound like a jet engine when they charge and others don’t. Didn’t have a good explanation for that. There are several cases of Lucids that were quiet during charging, for some unknown reason, suddenly starting to sound like a jet engine. This after 6 months of being quiet.
Yesterday I went to an EA DCFC to charge from 15 to 85%. It started with my normal jet engine sound during charging. At 60% charge, everthing went quiet. The jet engine noise turned off. I didn’t see any change in the charging, until the battery got to 80% SOC. At that point, charging dropped to 8kW.
Today I went back to take the battery from 80 to 100%. Still no jet engine noise. Charging speed started at 65kW and dropped to 15kW by the time I got to 97%.
I’m doing a 400 mile drive in the morning, so I’m a little nervous. I don’t like when things change.
SA is puzzled by this behavior, but says if I’m not getting an error message, then likely I don’t have a problem.

Has anyone heard of a Lucid where the jet engine noise during charging stopped after 6 months? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Since you're in AZ, I assume you would notice if the AC stopped working... that's the main thing I would be afraid of.

My SA told me that some Lucids sound like a jet engine when they charge and others don’t. Didn’t have a good explanation for that. There are several cases of Lucids that were quiet during charging, for some unknown reason, suddenly starting to sound like a jet engine. This after 6 months of being quiet.
Yesterday I went to an EA DCFC to charge from 15 to 85%. It started with my normal jet engine sound during charging. At 60% charge, everthing went quiet. The jet engine noise turned off. I didn’t see any change in the charging, until the battery got to 80% SOC. At that point, charging dropped to 8kW.
Today I went back to take the battery from 80 to 100%. Still no jet engine noise. Charging speed started at 65kW and dropped to 15kW by the time I got to 97%.
I’m doing a 400 mile drive in the morning, so I’m a little nervous. I don’t like when things change.
SA is puzzled by this behavior, but says if I’m not getting an error message, then likely I don’t have a problem.

Has anyone heard of a Lucid where the jet engine noise during charging stopped after 6 months? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Hi, @Boomer AZ. Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

I heard that jet engine noise a few times when I first started charging. Right now I Haven't heard it in a while. Though when I dod hear it I was starting a charge at 46%.

I thought this sound was nothing more than the BMS triggering the fans to cool the battery. I’d actually be concerned if you were charging for a while in warm weather and you didn’t hear the fans.

Back