Backup camera says "unavailable" about once a day

rao_94583

Verified Owner
Cars
AT, Audi e-tron GT
Sometimes, my backup camera shows black, and an error message that says "camera unavailable" (or something like that). The surround view still works. Anyone seen this?

The service center threw up their hands and said they think it will get fixed in a future software update. (Not that I thought they could do anything about it, mind you).

Sometimes, my backup camera shows black, and an error message that says "camera unavailable" (or something like that). The surround view still works. Anyone seen this?

The service center threw up their hands and said they think it will get fixed in a future software update. (Not that I thought they could do anything about it, mind you).
If that happens, try placing in back in park wait 2 seconds then try again.

It's a bug so get used to it. I'm at the point of reporting the issue to NHSTA if it's not improved in the next update. The camera issues are beyond frustrating!

I get this about once a week. Switching to park and then back to reverse will not resolve it. Turning the screen off and then hitting the park icon also does not solve it for me. I have to do one of the soft reboot and that resolves. Email it to customer care so that they can log it.

It's a bug so get used to it. I'm at the point of reporting the issue to NHSTA if it's not improved in the next update. The camera issues are beyond frustrating

I also have this issue every few times I back up. Beyond frustrating. I know the camera is fine because the 360 degree view shows the rear camera view on the pilot panel.

My backup camera works when in reverse but when cameras activate because close to something in front of the car neither front or rear cameras work. 360 view camera and blind spot cameras do not work at all. Fixed once for one drive after soft reset but since then soft resets have not helped. Service center is going to take a look in a couple of weeks (while looking at a couple of other things).

We haven’t seen this problem for a while, and so we’re assuming it somehow got fixed in one of the software updates.

Just got car back on 4/4/23 still has a prolem.

I am having the same issue. Nothing seems to be working! Lane change camera also not working.

Anybody else getting this after recent updates? It's not once a day but happening once a week. Logo reset doesn't fix it as it still shows the camera unavailable after the reset. Only fix for me is if the car goes to deep sleep. Funny is that the warning message tells you to turn the car off and on again... how?

In the eight months I've been driving the car, I've had the cameras go out three times, the last one being a few months ago. Each time, a reset fixed it.
I think turning the car off and on is more of a hard reset. Like getting out of the car, locking it and letting it sit for a few minutes, waking it up again. One of the mods can correct me if I'm wrong.

In the eight months I've been driving the car, I've had the cameras go out three times, the last one being a few months ago. Each time, a reset fixed it.
I think turning the car off and on is more of a hard reset. Like getting out of the car, locking it and letting it sit for a few minutes, waking it up again. One of the mods can correct me if I'm wrong.
That's what I mean by "deep sleep" That usually fixes it. I had it maybe twice prior to the recent updates but since .43, it's been like maybe every 4-5 days it pops up.

Happened again. I contacted CS this time when it happened, and all they recommended was a logo reset. Did it twice and cameras still unavailable. Put the car in deep sleep and fixed again. CS said they will put in my service notes for my upcoming service. I also noticed this time that it's just not the rear view, but all the surround view cameras were offline. Pics below of the screens.
1000011969.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231206_032226434.jpg
    PXL_20231206_032226434.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
Happened again. I contacted CS this time when it happened, and all they recommended was a logo reset. Did it twice and cameras still unavailable. Put the car in deep sleep and fixed again. CS said they will put in my service notes for my upcoming service. I also noticed this time that it's just not the rear view, but all the surround view cameras were offline. Pics below of the screens.View attachment 17175
This sounds like a camera glitching. Most likely a hardware issue.

I just had mine in where they replaced a few cameras.. everything was good for a few weeks until yesterday when it started again.

Back