• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Backup Camera/Surround Camera - What can it do?

Perhaps once I complete my move to Greenville I will set up an event to have people try and park a few cars with blanket over the windows using only cameras and park distance. I'll get the Lucid, a BMW, and a maybe a GM product. We can use cardboard so no vehicles will be harmed. See how well people can do accuracy and time.

Unless BMW has changed its system since I got my car (2018 model), I only get the video with colors and a beeping sound that gets louder as I get closer. I love the idea of having a display of inches as I get close to a wall or object.

Yes,

We have 360 view. So the bottom screen shows an overhead view and the top screen shows either your front or rear camera.

The screen shows distance in inches once you get around 60ish inches in both front and back.

The inches are incredibly useful if you have a tight garage. It would probably take me 2x as long to get into my garage if I did not have the camera the way it functions.
Can you post a video of your car entering to park in your garage and pulling out. I too have a tight 2 car garage. To make it interesting, the driveway is at a slight angle to the garage. If I have to guess, 10 to 15 degrees.

Can you post a video of your car entering to park in your garage and pulling out. I too have a tight 2 car garage. To make it interesting, the driveway is at a slight angle to the garage. If I have to guess, 10 to 15 degrees.
Lucid has improved the display significantly since early software builds. The graphics are much less intrusive and more informative. The range in inches allows you to consistently park in the same place. It does change from showing distance to “stop” once you get closer than 12 inches. Video is no longer laggy. I’ve gone from really disliking this system to it being on par with other systems I have. I also expect future improvements will make it among the best.

Back