BUG Apple Watch app broken

Bunnylebowski

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT Black/Tahoe/19"
My Apple Watch updated itself to the newest version, and now the Lucid watch app doesn’t load anymore. Anybody else had this problem? If so I’ll send Lucid service an email about it. I liked the watch app, it was useful for opening the frunk/trunk etc.

My Apple Watch updated itself to the newest version, and now the Lucid watch app doesn’t load anymore. Anybody else had this problem? If so I’ll send Lucid service an email about it. I liked the watch app, it was useful for opening the frunk/trunk etc.
Yeah not working here either. All I’m getting is a spinning circle. Include me in the email 😂.

I initially saw the spinning circle and then the app started working.

Mine FINALLY just started working but it was like 20 minutes of spinning circle. Must have been an issue with the latest WatchOS where maybe it needed to re-initialize the Lucid App.

While walking to the car, I'll tell my Apple Watch "Hey Siri, open the frunk". This used to work (though I might have to ask more than once, as Siri would tell me the Lucid is waking up).

Now - let's say over the past two weeks - Siri tells me "Lucid says you must login first". Being an iPhone companion, I imagine Siri is saying the Lucid app on my iPhone must be logged in...and it is, so I don't understand why this isn't working (ok, could be a bug).

Does anyone else use this feature? Having a problem with it? I love it - and if I have to ask Siri twice, I'm good with it. Just having to take my phone out and opening the app and clicking on Frunk & confirming is a bummer after hands free was working.

While walking to the car, I'll tell my Apple Watch "Hey Siri, open the frunk". This used to work (though I might have to ask more than once, as Siri would tell me the Lucid is waking up).

Now - let's say over the past two weeks - Siri tells me "Lucid says you must login first". Being an iPhone companion, I imagine Siri is saying the Lucid app on my iPhone must be logged in...and it is, so I don't understand why this isn't working (ok, could be a bug).

Does anyone else use this feature? Having a problem with it? I love it - and if I have to ask Siri twice, I'm good with it. Just having to take my phone out and opening the app and clicking on Frunk & confirming is a bummer after hands free was working.
Interesting, my apple watch Lucid app was so slow I gave up trying to use it with Siri and always took my phone out. I agree it’s great to use Siri to open Frunk/Trunk if your hands are full, etc, would absolutely love it if it worked quicker or as intended. They did update the iOS app a week ago or so so maybe that broke something for you? Let me know if you find a solution cuz I’d love for my Apple Watch to work.

I’ve never tried it with Siri, but I have launched the app from my watch and gotten the frunk to open. Like you said, sometimes it takes more than one try if the car is asleep.

I’ll have to try it again today to see if it still works for me. Honestly, most of the time I just use the fob now, because there’s no faster way to get to the frunk from outside.

I have never been able to get Siri on my watch to open the frunk or trunk. It always times out from trying to wake up. I would love this to to work, if it worked quickly.

Interesting, my apple watch Lucid app was so slow I gave up trying to use it with Siri and always took my phone out. I agree it’s great to use Siri to open Frunk/Trunk if your hands are full, etc, would absolutely love it if it worked quicker or as intended. They did update the iOS app a week ago or so so maybe that broke something for you? Let me know if you find a solution cuz I’d love for my Apple Watch to work.
So, update. I tried opening the frunk twice via my watch today, and it worked great both times. So not broken here.

Of course, a new version of the iOS app just got released, so we'll see if it's still working tomorrow…

I updated to the IOS app, still didn't work.
So, I deleted the "Open/Close the Trunk/Frunk" and then recreated them - and it's now working :D

I updated to the IOS app, still didn't work.
So, I deleted the "Open/Close the Trunk/Frunk" and then recreated them - and it's now working :D
Shortcuts have always been a bit of a mixed bag for me on iOS. On the one hand, I can't get enough of the convenience they offer. On the other, with certain apps, it can really be hit or miss whether they work consistently. Even apps I've developed myself, I've run into issues.

So this one could just as easily be Apple's fault as Lucid's, in other words.

Glad recreating the shortcuts worked for you.

My Apple Watch app wouldn't work so I deleted it from the watch and re-installed it which took care of the problem. I have LTE enabled on my watch and it actually saved me a lot of time the other day. I started an update on my phone and then did a few things and headed out for errands with my phone as digital key. About half way to my destination my car was complaining about no key. You can see where this is going...... I exited the car and it locked and when I came back to it my phone was updating. Fortunately I was able to open the car with the app on my watch and then drive the car by entering the pin.

How did you delete and reinstall it?
Hmm, that was a while ago. Because the Apple Watch is an extension to the iPhone, I think I first opened the Apple Watch app on my iPhone and unchecked "show app on apple watch" .. then deleted the Lucid App from the phone and then reinstalled it, then installed it on my watch again.

My watch app no longer works either. "Unable to retrieve vehicle's data".

Back