Anyone has a solution for the dash reflection on windshield?

I just taped the stitching behind the screens as this is mainly what gets reflected. Not visible from the drivers seat, but it would be from the passenger side. Still deciding whether to leave it on. It’s baffling why Lucid, operating out of sunny California, designed the stitching this way.

Gents, re stitching...
What the eff is wrong with you.
Quite few tailors around. Hire one, be done with it!

Wow, I think I'd much rather just live with the reflection which as others have stated I hardly ever notice anymore.
I'm with you. Yikes, that's ugly.

New Pure with Mojave. Stitching and chrome trim on dash is an ergonomic failure in design. Apparently anyone over 6’-2” is going to be more affected by this.

Angle of incidence I expect. Why no black stitching or chrome we’ll never know.

That and the lack of front seat grab handles to get in/out are my only complaints. Love the car. Well, would be nice to have my Lexus LS 460 seats in here. ;-)

I’m 5’7” and it’s still a huge problem.

New Pure with Mojave. Stitching and chrome trim on dash is an ergonomic failure in design. Apparently anyone over 6’-2” is going to be more affected by this.

Angle of incidence I expect. Why no black stitching or chrome we’ll never know.

That and the lack of front seat grab handles to get in/out are my only complaints. Love the car. Well, would be nice to have my Lexus LS 460 seats in here. ;-)
Did you happen to test drive the car? If so, did you notice it there? If so, was it a dealer breaker? If not, is it now?

I would love to see @TWRAPS come up with a solution for this. I would be buyer #1.

Did you happen to test drive the car? If so, did you notice it there? If so, was it a dealer breaker? If not, is it now?
Only twice, neither was a Pure. Didn't notice it, but was a fast test drive. Not a deal breaker, but something anyone that is tall will notice.

Polorized sunglasses mitigate it. I'm going to try the felt or tape solution...though tape seems a bit cheap. ;-).

My wife is 5'4" and doesn't notice it in the passenger seat, but also usually wearing sunglasses.

I also had the inside of windshield tinted clear(about 70% throughput), that didn't make a difference. It also adds some distortion at the top of the windshield. But the sun is so brutal in South Texas I figured I'd try it again after having used in a previous car with large windshield, i.e., Lexus LS 430. Really don't like it for distortion, but will give it a bit longer of a tryout before having it pulled, since it really reduces the heat impact.

Only twice, neither was a Pure. Didn't notice it, but was a fast test drive. Not a deal breaker, but something anyone that is tall will notice.

Polorized sunglasses mitigate it. I'm going to try the felt or tape solution...though tape seems a bit cheap. ;-).

My wife is 5'4" and doesn't notice it in the passenger seat, but also usually wearing sunglasses.

I also had the inside of windshield tinted clear(about 70% throughput), that didn't make a difference. It also adds some distortion at the top of the windshield. But the sun is so brutal in South Texas I figured I'd try it again after having used in a previous car with large windshield, i.e., Lexus LS 430. Really don't like it for distortion, but will give it a bit longer of a tryout before having it pulled, since it really reduces the heat impact.
Sharpie

I find it fascinating so many people still have an issue with this. I forgot about it thirty minutes into my first drive.

Every now and then, when the sun is just right, I notice it again for a minute. Then forget about it. I guess I can see why some would prefer to eliminate it. But tape? Sharpie? That’s just nuts.

My test drive was like 20 minutes. It could easily have been a cloudy day and therefore reflection not as apparent during that short time. This is one of very few legitimate, was-anyone-paying-attention missteps in the design of this car. Hopefully they didn’t do it again with Gravity.

Reactions: RPM
I don't notice it but my passengers sometimes comment on it. But yeah, you could just stick some ppf or a vinyl or a chrome delete wrap on it.

Just got my new Lucid AT. I noticed the stitching and other off-black reflections during test drive and thought maybe it’s due to a cloudy day. But unfortunately it’s there. 6’ tall is one problem as the reflections are worse in the shaded glass area. Hunching down make they disappear. But my seat is already at the bottom, can’t go further down. Try further reclines but gets uncomfortable for back and lack of head support.
Don’t know why Lucid put the yellow sticking there and why they didn’t move up the shading and sun shade. Didn’t they have 6’ tall test drivers in cloudy conditions? Maybe not in CA it seems (clouds that is). Both the shading and the sunshade crowd the head space.
Thanks for the polarized sunglasses tip. Had to get rid of my polarized pair before so I could see heads up display in BMW. Well, now I have the opposite problem, I guess.
Lucid needs to fix that. No other car has the problem, certainly no luxury car.

Just got my new Lucid AT. I noticed the stitching and other off-black reflections during test drive and thought maybe it’s due to a cloudy day. But unfortunately it’s there. 6’ tall is one problem as the reflections are worse in the shaded glass area. Hunching down make they disappear. But my seat is already at the bottom, can’t go further down. Try further reclines but gets uncomfortable for back and lack of head support.
Don’t know why Lucid put the yellow sticking there and why they didn’t move up the shading and sun shade. Didn’t they have 6’ tall test drivers in cloudy conditions? Maybe not in CA it seems (clouds that is). Both the shading and the sunshade crowd the head space.
Thanks for the polarized sunglasses tip. Had to get rid of my polarized pair before so I could see heads up display in BMW. Well, now I have the opposite problem, I guess.
Lucid needs to fix that. No other car has the problem, certainly no luxury car.
I almost didn’t buy it because of the reflection. After over a year of ownership, I don’t really notice it anymore. You just get used to it and I often dont even wear polarized sunglasses.

I almost didn’t buy it because of the reflection. After over a year of ownership, I don’t really notice it anymore. You just get used to it and I often dont even wear polarized sunglasses.
You really do get used to it. It’s super annoying at first, though.

Honestly, I hate it whenever this comes up here lol, because then I notice it for like 24-48 hours before it “disappears” again lol

After driving for a year I don’t think I have noticed this I wash my car less it helps

The reflection from the back of the display and the stitching is perfectly in my line of sight. They diminish a great deal when I use polarized sunglasses. I was thinking of using felt or something like that to cover the backside of the display and lay over the stitching but that seems pretty "jerry-rigged" and sort of cheesy.

Does anyone else have a solution?
My interior is Mojave (dark gray). I use a 12x12 black felt sample from a high end upholstery shop, folded to 12x4. Covers the stitching perfectly and practically invisible.

My interior is Mojave (dark gray). I use a 12x12 black felt sample from a high end upholstery shop, folded to 12x4. Covers the stitching perfectly and practically invisible.
B/t/w, still using the folded cloth. It sits horizontally along the stitches. One year later, I had completely forgotten about it, until this new thread popped up. Being made of felt, the cloth does not need to be attached to the dash. It has simply sat in place for over a year.

It was annoying early after purchase but I dont really see it anymore. Brain took care of it. I was preconditioned as in my A7 the instrument panel was reflected onto the window. Tolerance is a wonderful thing

Back