Anyone has a solution for the dash reflection on windshield?

Thinjake

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, Genesis GV80
The reflection from the back of the display and the stitching is perfectly in my line of sight. They diminish a great deal when I use polarized sunglasses. I was thinking of using felt or something like that to cover the backside of the display and lay over the stitching but that seems pretty "jerry-rigged" and sort of cheesy.

Does anyone else have a solution?

The reflection really bothered me when I picked up my car. It was one of the few things that have me pause. Now, I'm assuming my brain has trained itself to ignore it. I really have to look for it now to even see it.

If you've had your car a while and it still bothers you, sadly I don't have a suggestion. Hopefully it'll be something that in a month you'll only see when you read about it on the boards and refreshes your awareness of it.

The reflection really bothered me when I picked up my car. It was one of the few things that have me pause. Now, I'm assuming my brain has trained itself to ignore it. I really have to look for it now to even see it.

If you've had your car a while and it still bothers you, sadly I don't have a suggestion. Hopefully it'll be something that in a month you'll only see when you read about it on the boards and refreshes your awareness of it.
Copy that! I had a Grand Cherokee Overland that had a beautiful interior but the stitching on the dash reflected in the windshield. I thought it would probably drive me crazy but after about 2 weeks, I never noticed it again!!! 😂

It bothered me quite a bit as well. But the reflections have essentially disappeared with the use of polarized sunglasses. Maybe try a different pair of polarized sunglasses?

I've wondered about this too, for when I eventually have my Mojave-interior car...

Would it be anathema recolor the dash stitching with something so crass as a black Sharpie? 😅

It bothered me quite a bit as well. But the reflections have essentially disappeared with the use of polarized sunglasses. Maybe try a different pair of polarized sunglasses?
My polarized glasses help, but I don't want to be THAT guy driving in the snow, on an overcast day, with sunglasses on! I see that person and I immediately go "D1CK!"

My polarized glasses help, but I don't want to be THAT guy driving in the snow, on an overcast day, with sunglasses on! I see that person and I immediately go "D1CK!"
Your brain eventually ignores the stitching. If it doesn’t, uh, masking tape? :p

But I echo the rest - it bothered me for a few days to a week, and then I forgot it existed.

The reflection from the back of the display and the stitching is perfectly in my line of sight. They diminish a great deal when I use polarized sunglasses. I was thinking of using felt or something like that to cover the backside of the display and lay over the stitching but that seems pretty "jerry-rigged" and sort of cheesy.

I found that it decreased as I adjusted the chair. It is heavy influenced by the angle of vision. It is still there, but at such a slight refaction that I hardly ever notice it.

My interior is Mojave (dark gray). I use a 12x12 black felt sample from a high end upholstery shop, folded to 12x4. Covers the stitching perfectly and practically invisible.

Reactions: DJL
My interior is Mojave (dark gray). I use a 12x12 black felt sample from a high end upholstery shop, folded to 12x4. Covers the stitching perfectly and practically invisible.
Can you share a photo?

Not that I mean to downplay it, since it was very, very visible to me at first, but I too got my car late September and now, I genuinely don't see it anymore even if I try to look for it. I think it's similar to those who wear glasses and get a small scratch on the lens; your eyes eventually ignore the scratch.

Not that I mean to downplay it, since it was very, very visible to me at first, but I too got my car late September and now, I genuinely don't see it anymore even if I try to look for it. I think it's similar to those who wear glasses and get a small scratch on the lens; your eyes eventually ignore the scratch.
This is very encouraging!

I'd disagree. I also got mine in September, but it has not diminished nor can I ignore it. Maybe as a taller driver (6'4") the back of the console and stitching appear in the tinted portion of the windshield. If I am not wearing polarized sunglasses, it is very prominent....even after 3 months.

I'd disagree. I also got mine in September, but it has not diminished nor can I ignore it. Maybe as a taller driver (6'4") the back of the console and stitching appear in the tinted portion of the windshield. If I am not wearing polarized sunglasses, it is very prominent....even after 3 months.
This is concerning now. It bothered me during the test drive but I figure it would go away and decided to go ahead with AT order.

This is concerning now. It bothered me during the test drive but I figure it would go away and decided to go ahead with AT order.
Oh, it's not THAT bad! But it IS there. I would rebuy this car a million times! It's THAT good a driving car. I just have to remind myself to put my sunglasses on.

I agree with this. My friend @windscar911 is well over 6’ and complained about the same thing. At 5’10” I don’t notice it at all. May have something to do with the angle of the glass at the point taller folks are looking through it.

One of solutions
682451D8-226F-4E71-9A1A-3D119C3B5C8A.jpeg

Oh, it's not THAT bad! But it IS there. I would rebuy this car a million times! It's THAT good a driving car. I just have to remind myself to put my sunglasses on.
Agreed. After almost 2 months, the stitching is still very noticeable, as is the double vision. Hopeful yet with diminishing expectations that this will be resolved by Lucid until they do a structural update. This is car becomes much less desirable for people over 6'2" - 6'3"

Agreed. After almost 2 months, the stitching is still very noticeable, as is the double vision. Hopeful yet with diminishing expectations that this will be resolved by Lucid until they do a structural update. This is car becomes much less desirable for people over 6'2" - 6'3"
I'm just over 6' and I can see how being a little taller can be problematic. You can recline the seat a bit to help, but that only helps to a point.

Back