Anyone has a solution for the dash reflection on windshield?

I mainly notice the light-colored stitching on my Mojave dash. I wouldn't ever see this stitching were it not for the reflection!

This bothered my partner terribly and me, not at all. However, we ordered a piece of black felt from Amazon and simply laid it on the dash. No more annoying reflection, nothing sticky and completely removable if/when we want. It doesn't move around and solved the problem completely.
Mind sharing the Amazon link?

I'm currently using gaffer's tape without issue but might move to felt after trying it out.

So after the tint the most glaring thing I have is the silver trim in the morning. The sun hits that just right and it reflects and hits the windshield.
One idea is to black out that trim but wonder if that happens to others as well :

IMG_7769.jpeg

I bought some gaffer tape maybe I can tape this silver trim

I have purchased Gaffers Tape to try out for this purpose. My understanding is it won't leave a remnant behind if/when removed. I'm wondering how well it will survive in the heat.

I'll let you know how it goes

UPDATE: I've had the gaffers's tape on now for almost 2 months now. Conditions here are HOT. I've registered 134 degrees interior temp one day while the car sat in the sun for a few hours. Yesterday, I pulled up an inch of the tape to see if there was any remnant - sticky residual. There was none. So for me, I will continue with that approach for now.

UPDATE: I've had the gaffers's tape on now for almost 2 months now. Conditions here are HOT. I've registered 134 degrees interior temp one day while the car sat in the sun for a few hours. Yesterday, I pulled up an inch of the tape to see if there was any remnant - sticky residual. There was none. So for me, I will continue with that approach for now.
Thanks for the update! I just ordered some 3M gaffer's tape and will give this a shot.

Good to know.
Can you post a link to the tape you bought?
Thanks.

Good to know.
Thanks.
Here's the link from my Amazon order history. I don't know why it's only showing White 2" tape, when I bought 1" Black. The brand is Trazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098DY4NH9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only thing I don't love about the solution, which has nothing to do with the tape itself, is that because of the curve of the stitching I was not able to use one contiguous piece of tape. I have one long piece and then a new strip towards each side of the car.

I really don't notice the tape anymore and love not seeing that stitching reflection.

I'd disagree. I also got mine in September, but it has not diminished nor can I ignore it. Maybe as a taller driver (6'4") the back of the console and stitching appear in the tinted portion of the windshield. If I am not wearing polarized sunglasses, it is very prominent....even after 3 months.
Most likely that means you will not like any HUD. I had a HUD in my prior BMWs and the reflection was visible but, as noted, it mitigates as you get used to it. But I doubt that the Lucid is any worse (or better) in this regard than everybody else.

Most likely that means you will not like any HUD. I had a HUD in my prior BMWs and the reflection was visible but, as noted, it mitigates as you get used to it. But I doubt that the Lucid is any worse (or better) in this regard than everybody else.
Actually, my wife's GV80 has a HUD and I LOVE IT!!!! Wish my lucid had it.

Here's the link from my Amazon order history. I don't know why it's only showing White 2" tape, when I bought 1" Black. The brand is Trazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098DY4NH9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only thing I don't love about the solution, which has nothing to do with the tape itself, is that because of the curve of the stitching I was not able to use one contiguous piece of tape. I have one long piece and then a new strip towards each side of the car.

I really don't notice the tape anymore and love not seeing that stitching reflection.
I applied 3M gaffer tape this morning, and it doesn't stick very well - although it is really nice not seeing the reflection. I guess I'll give it a little more time for the adhesive to settle in.

How about a photo of how it looks also please, thank you. The reflection is also there in the rear windshield or do we call that a window 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good to know.
Thanks.

Here is a pic from the passenger's side. If I had to retape, I would start from this side and work towards the driver's side, as the cut lines wouldn't be noticeable as they'd be behind the cockpit. In my case, I noticed them for several days, afterwhich my brain has filtered it out and I don't even notice anymore.

Attachments

• PXL_20230723_205443511.jpg
    PXL_20230723_205443511.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
Wow, I think I'd much rather just live with the reflection which as others have stated I hardly ever notice anymore.

Wow, I think I'd much rather just live with the reflection which as others have stated I hardly ever notice anymore.

Lol, yes it's a work in progress. This won't be the long term solution but it helps tremendously for me. The orange stitching is right in my line of sight, which I notice every drive.

I have not ruled out the black sharpie option but wanted to try something less permanent first.

Someone mentioned they found some matching fabric, and I asked for them to upload a pic but never heard back.

Here is a pic from the passenger's side. If I had to retape, I would start from this side and work towards the driver's side, as the cut lines wouldn't be noticeable as they'd be behind the cockpit. In my case, I noticed them for several days, afterwhich my brain has filtered it out and I don't even notice anymore.
Ouch... That doesn't look good.

Back