Anyone has a solution for the dash reflection on windshield?

Thank heavens I’m shrinking every day…
I am 5’8” and the dash stitching is very visible on the windshield. I have complained about it, and suggested they move to black stitching. I’ve had the car for 6 months and it still bugs me. Thinking about staining the stitching black.

I am 5’8” and the dash stitching is very visible on the windshield. I have complained about it, and suggested they move to black stitching. I’ve had the car for 6 months and it still bugs me. Thinking about staining the stitching black.
If you do, I hope you'll post your experience, I'm thinking about this as well. The dash stitching is one of a few oversights in an otherwise great cabin (the others being noisy dash screens and window switch backlights, and the rear belt buckle receptacles causing indentations in the seat back leather when they're folded over).

Polarized sunglasses is your answer. It used to bother me a lot but I got used to it. It may come back to me now that I red this post.

I have purchased Gaffers Tape to try out for this purpose. My understanding is it won't leave a remnant behind if/when removed. I'm wondering how well it will survive in the heat.

I'll let you know how it goes

Just use a black sharpie...

Hmm, I have a whole roll of black gaffers tape, but this has pretty much become invisible to me by now.

I've taken my first trip with the black gaffer tape and i can't believe how well i can see without that orange stitching in the way. I don't know how well it will hold up and will report back.

If the tape doesn't work well over time, i will probably go the @hydbob route - black sharpie

lets see some pics of the sharpie/felt/other fixes! at 6'5" its def there for me, and i got the glasses for my first trip and they worked great - now i only notice it at certain times of the day - like sunset... definitely diminished since new though.

I've taken my first trip with the black gaffer tape and i can't believe how well i can see without that orange stitching in the way. I don't know how well it will hold up and will report back.

If the tape doesn't work well over time, i will probably go the @hydbob route - black sharpie
I'm leaning toward using the gaffer tape, too, but not sure about residue when the tape is removed.
Plus , the summer heat in Az is pretty brutal and may make a mess from the adhesive.

I'm leaning toward using the gaffer tape, too, but not sure about residue when the tape is removed.
Plus , the summer heat in Az is pretty brutal and may make a mess from the adhesive.
I'm in LV and so a good guinea pig for you. Gaffer tape's main attribute is that is removes without residue, but we'll see.

My main feedback at this point is that it can't be covered in one continuous strip, due to the curvature of the stitch line. What I have seems very reasonable, with one small and more obvious inconsistency near the passenger side. Behind the driver, you can't see any of the tape at all. I considered leaving the passenger side alone (e.g. not taping it at all), which is still an option.

Last edited:
I have a Santa Cruz interior and do not have a reflective dash at all.. that usually happens with shiny or light colored dashes that were in some of the Porsche and Aston Martin models at one point that have a very strong reflection... All of Lucid‘s dashes are Matt finish and dark which typically don’t reflect much… I have not seen the dash on a pure, so I cannot speak to that, but my air touring dash is no different than any BMW, Mercedes or Audi.. allot of Porsche owners that have a beige color dash simply use polarizing glasses to cut the glare..

After not having my car for 3 weeks, the reflection of the stitching on the dash is much more evident than it had been previously. I'm glad I have those polarized clear glasses to wear. It helps a lot

This bothered my partner terribly and me, not at all. However, we ordered a piece of black felt from Amazon and simply laid it on the dash. No more annoying reflection, nothing sticky and completely removable if/when we want. It doesn't move around and solved the problem completely.

I am getting my tint 50% on the winshield will report back if that reflection is still there, my guess is no.

I am getting my tint 50% on the winshield will report back if that reflection is still there, my guess is no.
I am not up on these laws, and I missed it during my brief Googling, but in what locality is that much tint on the windshield legal?

Also, the dash reflection is due to reflectivity, not light transmission, so tinting might even make it worse because the outside is less visible...

I am not up on these laws, and I missed it during my brief Googling, but in what locality is that much tint on the windshield legal?

Also, the dash reflection is due to reflectivity, not light transmission, so tinting might even make it worse because the outside is less visible...
Its totally illegal but in AZ nobody cares. People have limo tent all over the place, with blacked out winshield. Please use your pre-caution and check your local legal limits though.

From what I seen the reflection is more like a black color, so if the window is darker, I would think it melds in, but I can take a picture to check it later today.

Back