Air Dream Deliveries?

I agree, the 21" wheels do not make the ride harsh. We have terrible roads in Colorado, and the Lucid DE with 21" wheels handle them better than my Tesla with 21" wheels. It is more muted, isolated and doesn't send shudders throughout the car as in the Tesla.
Have you put on the snow tires you were initially thinking of onto the air?

No, I decided to leave them on the Tesla and use it as my snow car. Colorado winters can be hard on cars, with rocks and gravel and magnesium chloride dumped all over the road, so I've decided to just keep the Tesla as my beater. :)

I think I'm picking mine up tomorrow morning, just waiting on final confirmation. Could have been tonight but the last thing I want to do is drive my new car home in rush hour traffic on 101 in the dark. Too many potholes and erratic drivers!!
Okay, so the Delivery is complete and my Dream is at my Detailer. What a day!! Started at 10:15 at Millbrae and got home at 2:30 pm. Massive accident on 101 this morning but we allowed enough time so got there by 10:15. Worked our way through the checklist and I only have a few items on the Due Bill. I didn't see any scratches or swirl marks but there were some smudges where the detailers didn't do a perfect job. Those will come out with the detailing at Deep Reflections. I did notice the charge port door seemed to lean out a bit from the body so that will get fixed later. But the real serious problem occurred when we drove over to an Electrify America charging station in San Mateo. I am so thankful I added that to the checklist. We spent almost two hours there and couldn't get the car to connect. Tried multiple charging ports and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Electrify America support. No dice. I finally told Laurence I had to leave so we went back to Millbrae and I then headed home. The car is now at Deep Reflections and hopefully will be ready by next Tuesday. Laurence and Chris told me they will work on the Electrify America situation and get back to me. Really glad I checked that out. Drove home on 101 and all is well. Celebrating with pita chips and cheese and some 25 year old Glenfarclas. I am tired!!

Okay, so the Delivery is complete and my Dream is at my Detailer. What a day!! Started at 10:15 at Millbrae and got home at 2:30 pm. Massive accident on 101 this morning but we allowed enough time so got there by 10:15. Worked our way through the checklist and I only have a few items on the Due Bill. I didn't see any scratches or swirl marks but there were some smudges where the detailers didn't do a perfect job. Those will come out with the detailing at Deep Reflections. I did notice the charge port door seemed to lean out a bit from the body so that will get fixed later. But the real serious problem occurred when we drove over to an Electrify America charging station in San Mateo. I am so thankful I added that to the checklist. We spent almost two hours there and couldn't get the car to connect. Tried multiple charging ports and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Electrify America support. No dice. I finally told Laurence I had to leave so we went back to Millbrae and I then headed home. The car is now at Deep Reflections and hopefully will be ready by next Tuesday. Laurence and Chris told me they will work on the Electrify America situation and get back to me. Really glad I checked that out. Drove home on 101 and all is well. Celebrating with pita chips and cheese and some 25 year old Glenfarclas. I am tired!!

Did you try opening the Lucid app and manually starting charging once plugged in? Sorry to hear the trouble - I’ve never had an issue.

There was one time the “plug and charge” didn’t work, but starting it manually from the Lucid app should.

001BF006-5C3B-4645-83B9-2D95F8558C5E.jpeg

Congratulations! You’re having exactly the same problems I had with Electrify America for the first few days of ownership. I’m guessing they have failed to successfully connect your car to Lucid’s account. Call and hassle them and they’ll get it done. Beware: if it doesn’t work at an EA kiosk, DO NOT keep going to different kiosks! In my car it made the car go into Turtle Mode. Scary.

Congratulations! You’re having exactly the same problems I had with Electrify America for the first few days of ownership. I’m guessing they have failed to successfully connect your car to Lucid’s account. Call and hassle them and they’ll get it done. Beware: if it doesn’t work at an EA kiosk, DO NOT keep going to different kiosks! In my car it made the car go into Turtle Mode. Scary.
Yeah hopefully we will get it resolved next week.

My # is 414. We put about 60 miles on it tonight and the car is amazing. The power just rolls on so smooth. I had printed out the checklist but ignored most of it just due to being excited about the car. It drives so nice. Those of you still waiting on a Dream it is so much worth it.

My # is 414. We put about 60 miles on it tonight and the car is amazing. The power just rolls on so smooth. I had printed out the checklist but ignored most of it just due to being excited about the car. It drives so nice. Those of you still waiting on a Dream it is so much worth it.
Congrats

I should add that there are 3 driving modes as in power levels. Smooth, Swift and Sprint. Even in the lowest power level Smooth it is stupid fast. I have other 800+900 hp cars and this is right there but so damn smooth. No shifting of gears, just straight acceleration. I’m sure even non Dream models will be fast as well. What a great car. I never thought I would think of ice cars as Dinosaurs but I kinda do.

I should add that there are 3 driving modes as in power levels. Smooth, Swift and Sprint. Even in the lowest power level Smooth it is stupid fast. I have other 800+900 hp cars and this is right there but so damn smooth. No shifting of gears, just straight acceleration. I’m sure even non Dream models will be fast as well. What a great car. I never thought I would think of ice cars as Dinosaurs but I kinda do.
Yup. We have bought our last ICE years ago. The Leaf is a workhorse locally and I cant wait to get the Lucid so I can finally gas free on trips.

[...] I never thought I would think of ice cars as Dinosaurs but I kinda do.
I realized the same for myself last week. I saw a review come up from Throttle House and another from TheStraightPipes about the AMG E63 Wagon (my late lamented cancelled MB that I'll probably never have). I started watching, but...ICE cars just don't interest me anymore. The Lucid kinda ruined me for them.

That said, if I can ever get my hands on an E63 AMG I'll get it just because I love that engine, even if I wouldn't use it as a daily driver.

Back