Air Dream Deliveries?

I would be incredibly surprised if they start delivering Pures this year. I think 2023 is even in question.
I don’t think 2023 is in question at this time. There are as many pure reservations and GTs and Ts combined it seems and right now the hold up are certain GT components and obviously scaling. I think Pure deliveries for 2023 are a virtual certainty, but then again, who knows what possible supply chain components may effect that model.

Like it or not, the Pure will become the best selling model for Lucid just as model 3 and Y did for Tesla. It may happen a lot sooner than projected as more competition hits the market in '22.

I don’t think 2023 is in question at this time. There are as many pure reservations and GTs and Ts combined it seems and right now the hold up are certain GT components and obviously scaling. I think Pure deliveries for 2023 are a virtual certainty, but then again, who knows what possible supply chain components may effect that model.
Are the "certain GT components" known as to what they are? Are they the carpet-related parts that Peter mentioned in the ER? I'm curious if that effects all AGTs or just certain colors, etc?

Are the "certain GT components" known as to what they are? Are they the carpet-related parts that Peter mentioned in the ER? I'm curious if that effects all AGTs or just certain colors, etc?
Elon would buy Persian Rugs to keep deliveries and cash flow rolling.

Elon would buy Persian Rugs to keep deliveries and cash flow rolling.
You mean how he bought 2 different sets of tires for the same car? Haha

It’s not confirmed, just highly probable it is the white carpeting in the Santa Monica and Santa Cruz interiors at the moment.

It’s not confirmed, just highly probable it is the white carpeting in the Santa Monica and Santa Cruz interiors at the moment.
So then we can " assume" that other GT colors (like Tahoe and Majave) would be able to ship out. ??

I think it's a high priority for Lucid mgmt to deliver at least a few P this year. Even if they have to stuff a few into the production line a Q ahead of when they are scheduled, I think they'll do it to be able to say they were delivered in 22.

We've been told that the number of cars ordered by trim is GT > T < P. Given the value of projected sales, I agree with the posters that think orders for P > GT + T so sometime in 23, P will be the best selling trim assuming supply chain issues don't interfere.

I think it's a high priority for Lucid mgmt to deliver at least a few P this year. Even if they have to stuff a few into the production line a Q ahead of when they are scheduled, I think they'll do it to be able to say they were delivered in 22.

We've been told that the number of cars ordered by trim is GT > T < P. Given the value of projected sales, I agree with the posters that think orders for P > GT + T so sometime in 23, P will be the best selling trim assuming supply chain issues don't interfere.
To put this into an algebraic formula:
>25k orders = GT + T + P
25k orders = 2.4B = 96,000 per car = approximate price of a Touring. Therefore the number of GT and P must also average $96000.
So there are about 2.26 Pures for every GT ordered.
Peter said GT > T so the maximum number of non-pure orders would be one car less than twice the GT.
Rough estimate would be:
5869 GT reservations
5868 T reservations
13264 Pure Reservations
So.... if they hit their lowered production numbers, they could produce, this year, all the currently reserved GTs, all of the currently reserved Tourings and at least 250 early reservation Pures.
It also means that (GT + T) < P

>25k orders = GT + T + P
25k orders = 2.4B = 96,000 per car = approximate price of a Touring. Therefore the number of GT and P must also average $96000.
Peter said GT > T so the maximum number of non-pure orders would be one car less than twice the GT.
Rough estimate would be:
5869 GT reservations
5868 T reservations
13264 Pure Reservations
So.... if they hit their lowered production numbers, they could produce, this year, all the currently reserved GTs, all of the currently reserved Tourings and at least 250 early reservation Pures.

I haven't had to math since college

I doubt GT and T orders are the same amount.

Last edited:
P

i would guess 1/3 GT to 2/3 T orders
Peter said on the earnings call that GT > T. How many more GTs than Touring? We do not know. I made it one less as that would be the maximum numbers one could have of GT + T.

Peter said on the earnings call that GT > T. How many more GTs than Touring? We do not know. I made it one less as that would be the maximum numbers one could have of GT + T.
I am just assuming that in most cases the higher the price of a certain series the less volume sold. Before Covid the inventory of my local MB dealership had 50-60 “C“ series on the lot for every 20 “E” series and 5-10 “S” series. Maybe this is different with Lucid buyers.

>25k orders = GT + T + P
Rough estimate would be:
5869 GT reservations
5868 T reservations
13264 Pure Reservations
I got there a bit differently but shows more GT and fewer T and more P (also accounting for a small(ish) number of DEs
125 DE
6250 GT
3750 T
14875 P

A hair under 96k but in the ballpark. Most of it is a guess on the breakdown of GT and T.

Back