Air Dream Deliveries?

Just like to see their ramp, looks like my Pure going to be year out at this point.

I am guessing that my Pure (reserved end of December 2021) will be more likely 2024 which is fine with me. My 2018 loaded BMW 530e has GEICO Mechanical Breakdown Insurance through the end of 2024 so anytime in 2024 would be good for me and that gives Lucid time to resolve all these issues it is having.

I am guessing that my Pure (reserved end of December 2021) will be more likely 2024 which is fine with me. My 2018 loaded BMW 530e has GEICO Mechanical Breakdown Insurance through the end of 2024 so anytime in 2024 would be good for me and that gives Lucid time to resolve all these issues it is having.
I don't mind 2024 as well.

it won’t be two years for a Pure reserved back in December to be delivered. They may have 25k reservations, likely only 20k in December, but many of those ahead of you will cancel before they get to the ordering stage.

Having owned my DE for a week and 250 miles, I can tell you that Lucid does not need another year and a half to work through the final issues with the car. The car is very solid, quality manufactured, very smooth, and already worlds better than the first decade of the Tesla Model S. The issues that I encountered in my first week of ownership were very promptly resolved by a Lucid engineer who flew to Colorado from Washington and spent the morning with my car. (The issues I had were with charging and bluetooth inconsistently picking up on the car). The final remaining things, such as Apple CarPlay and making basic software changes so functionality is a bit simpler, can happen OTA.

Having owned my DE for a week and 250 miles, I can tell you that Lucid does not need another year and a half to work through the final issues with the car. The car is very solid, quality manufactured, very smooth, and already worlds better than the first decade of the Tesla Model S. The issues that I encountered in my first week of ownership were very promptly resolved by a Lucid engineer who flew to Colorado from Washington and spent the morning with my car. (The issues I had were with charging and bluetooth inconsistently picking up on the car). The final remaining things, such as Apple CarPlay and making basic software changes so functionality is a bit simpler, can happen OTA.
@Mountain Man, could you please elaborate on what exactly he did to fix the issues you were seeing. Surely, he wasn't fixing lines of code.

@Mountain Man, could you please elaborate on what exactly he did to fix the issues you were seeing. Surely, he wasn't fixing lines of code.

He arrived at my house, took the car, did some diagnostics of some kind, had it for about 2 hours, returned it and all is well. Frankly, I have no idea what exactly he was doing, perhaps doing a "harder" reset than we can do with the key card? My issues may be unique to me: My Delivery Advisor forgot to set up my car on the Electrify America account when he delivered the car last week. When I went to charge it at EA, it kept throwing error codes on the EA kiosks and on the car. The car went into Turtle Mode ("limp mode"), which is terrifying if you haven't experienced that yet -- the car basically accelerates like a 1967 VW Beetle and won't go over 30 mph. A key-card reset fixed that, but then the car would not charge on my 60A ChargePoint at work, either. :mad: And the Bluetooth connection to my iPhone 13 stopped working correctly -- it would steal the call but no sound on either end. Whatever he did with his 2 hours with the car, it worked because it now charges fine on ChargePoint and EA, and the Bluetooth picks up appropriately.

I am switching back & forth between my Tesla Model S P100D and the Lucid Air DE, comparing them. I'm trying to get 500 miles under my belt before doing a thorough review, but here's the short version: They are different cars. The Model S is lighter, more silent, more instantaneous in the way it "squirts" with the smallest throttle input. The Lucid is more "purposeful" in everything it does. The throttle is heavier, the steering is heavier, you can feel "friction" in all of the controls -- whereas the Model S feels "loose" because everything is so frictionless and easy. The Lucid is 400 pounds heavier and you can feel it. It is more opulent --it has the feel of an Aston Martin. It makes noise intentionally...rolling out of the garage in the Model S is absolutely 100% silent. In the Lucid (as in the Taycan) there is a funky electronic warble that sounds like getting on Space Mountain. While driving, there is absolutely no friction in the accelerator pedal of the Model S...in the Lucid, you can always feel the accelerator pedal pushing back at you. On the open road, the Lucid is brilliantly stable, and it accelerates fiercely and ferociously -- faster than the Model S once you are underway. when things get twisty, it really lightens up and handles remarkably. My older Model S feels somewhat floaty and loose in comparison. Ironically, I find the Lucid less open & airy than the Model S -- this is because of the dramatic slope of the Lucid's windshield and the way everything is designed to wrap around the driver. It's the difference between sitting in a cozy recliner in a small theater (Lucid) and sitting on a park bench (Tesla).

He arrived at my house, took the car, did some diagnostics of some kind, had it for about 2 hours, returned it and all is well. Frankly, I have no idea what exactly he was doing, perhaps doing a "harder" reset than we can do with the key card? My issues may be unique to me: My Delivery Advisor forgot to set up my car on the Electrify America account when he delivered the car last week. When I went to charge it at EA, it kept throwing error codes on the EA kiosks and on the car. The car went into Turtle Mode ("limp mode"), which is terrifying if you haven't experienced that yet -- the car basically accelerates like a 1967 VW Beetle and won't go over 30 mph. A key-card reset fixed that, but then the car would not charge on my 60A ChargePoint at work, either. :mad: And the Bluetooth connection to my iPhone 13 stopped working correctly -- it would steal the call but no sound on either end. Whatever he did with his 2 hours with the car, it worked because it now charges fine on ChargePoint and EA, and the Bluetooth picks up appropriately.

I am switching back & forth between my Tesla Model S P100D and the Lucid Air DE, comparing them. I'm trying to get 500 miles under my belt before doing a thorough review, but here's the short version: They are different cars. The Model S is lighter, more silent, more instantaneous in the way it "squirts" with the smallest throttle input. The Lucid is more "purposeful" in everything it does. The throttle is heavier, the steering is heavier, you can feel "friction" in all of the controls -- whereas the Model S feels "loose" because everything is so frictionless and easy. The Lucid is 400 pounds heavier and you can feel it. It is more opulent --it has the feel of an Aston Martin. It makes noise intentionally...rolling out of the garage in the Model S is absolutely 100% silent. In the Lucid (as in the Taycan) there is a funky electronic warble that sounds like getting on Space Mountain. While driving, there is absolutely no friction in the accelerator pedal of the Model S...in the Lucid, you can always feel the accelerator pedal pushing back at you. On the open road, the Lucid is brilliantly stable, and it accelerates fiercely and ferociously -- faster than the Model S once you are underway. when things get twisty, it really lightens up and handles remarkably. My older Model S feels somewhat floaty and loose in comparison. Ironically, I find the Lucid less open & airy than the Model S -- this is because of the dramatic slope of the Lucid's windshield and the way everything is designed to wrap around the driver. It's the difference between sitting in a cozy recliner in a small theater (Lucid) and sitting on a park bench (Tesla).
Great feedback! Does that mean your old Model S doesn't have the mandated noise maker? I thought that's been around for years per the NHTSA?

Just like to see their ramp, looks like my Pure going to be year out at this point.
Not necessarily. My DA said that the demand for GT wasn't as high as anticipated so it will mean they should get into the Touring and Pure production sooner.

Great feedback! Does that mean your old Model S doesn't have the mandated noise maker? I thought that's been around for years per the NHTSA?
I have a 2017 P100D and it does not have the mandated noise maker. This is my third Model S (first the P85 back in 2012, then the P90D in 2015, then this P100D) and all of them have been completely silent. The mandated noisemaker thing is still a new experience to me.

Not necessarily. My DA said that the demand for GT wasn't as high as anticipated so it will mean they should get into the Touring and Pure production sooner.
Peter already mentioned Pure will start end of the year means delivery will next year spring.

That's surprising, as the average value per sale has been inching upward for Lucid. I wonder if it's because we're only talking US sales. I'm guessing most Saudi reservations are for the AGT.

I have a 2017 P100D and it does not have the mandated noise maker. This is my third Model S (first the P85 back in 2012, then the P90D in 2015, then this P100D) and all of them have been completely silent. The mandated noisemaker thing is still a new experience to me.

Have you driven a Taycan? If so how does it compare?

Last edited:
Model S didn’t get the noise maker until 2020 model years. I believe the model 3 was 2019.

Have you driven a Taycan? If so how does it compare?
Yes - I spent an entire weekend (very enthusiastic dealer) with a Taycan Turbo. I could not wait to give it back and get back into my P100d. But to answer your question, the Lucid sound is similar to the Taycan but much more subtle. At a slow crawl, it is an electronic warble, like the sounds of the Star Trek Enterprise. It’s better than the Taycan sound, in my opinion. It goes away as you accelerate past about 15 mph. Honestly, the Lucid does feel more like the Taycan than a Tesla. It has a more connected mechanical feel to it, unlike the Tesla which is a lot more silent and effortless. Not a bad thing, the Lucid is just more of a drivers car, like the Taycan.

Can I get my air pure by 2022. My reservation is August 2021

I would be incredibly surprised if they start delivering Pures this year. I think 2023 is even in question.
I think once the second shift is trained and on line production will shift into high gear supply chain willing. I think the brass set production goals lower to manage expectations so at the end of the third or fourth quarter they can crow about hitting or exceeding production goals. It’s always better to under promise and over deliver.

Back