Air Dream Deliveries?

There is none because that guy doesn't have a car, apparently has no stock in Lucid so...probably just a troll
My point exactly..... For all those people using the software as an example to say the car is bad or justifying cancelling your order you should refrain from commenting until you've actually used it. If you think it's bad then stipulate why based on YOUR experience and not the opinion of someone who either hasn't used it or doesn't own \ test driven a car.

Also, for all those people that thought the software was going to be perfect day one from a brand new car company you were kidding yourselves. OTA doesn't exist to just add features, OTA exists because it allows companies to release unfinished \ buggy software to fix later. It's the get out of jail card that is used in so many things today.

The only thing that was really bad on Lucid's part was releasing the car without cruise control enabled etc. I'm not sure if the early adopters were made aware before purchase or discovered as they were driving away with their new $170,000 vehicle but that seemed to be a big fail on Lucid's part.

I am holding out hope that @experiment458 is right and that big things are coming, we just need to let Lucid get over this structural overhaul.

I think HC_79 is correct in saying we should get our hands on a car before we comment on the software. However I don't think Lucidisthebest is a troll, s/he is probably frustrated [as am I] because of having to wait for a car, and then keep getting the rug pulled out from underneath with more delays etc... I suspect there is not an easy answer for Lucid's woes, or else they would have already implemented it. But I think the wait will be worth it and it seems like most other people agree after getting their vehicles.

I think HC_79 is correct in saying we should get our hands on a car before we comment on the software. However I don't think Lucidisthebest is a troll, s/he is probably frustrated [as am I] because of having to wait for a car, and then keep getting the rug pulled out from underneath with more delays etc... I suspect there is not an easy answer for Lucid's woes, or else they would have already implemented it. But I think the wait will be worth it and it seems like most other people agree after getting their vehicles.
Maybe s/he should've told said friend to take the 5% discount and buy the car from them. If a 5% discount was being offered I wouldn't care on the spec, i'd take it and save some $$$

One item I think we might want to take into consideration: I seem to recall that the test drive vehicles may not have been kept up-to-date with respect to software, so many of us could have made that evaluation based on experience with a much inferior version of software. I am not saying this is definitively the case, but it is a data point. Given that case, it seems like Lucid may have placed the consumer in a situation where an honest evaluation was not possible. It surprised me when I read that previously, a big oversight on Lucid's part not to keep their test vehicles up-to-date, if that was indeed the case.

Frankly, I knew, and know, that the software is not where I might ultimately like it, but it did not impact my test drive and I was able to drive the car to my satisfaction knowing that certain things are coming via OTA updates.

No I disagree, because instead of having an open discussion about things, that person has just been posting negative comment after negative comment with no real discussion.

Also, for all those people that thought the software was going to be perfect day one from a brand new car company you were kidding yourselves. OTA doesn't exist to just add features, OTA exists because it allows companies to release unfinished \ buggy software to fix later. It's the get out of jail card that is used in so many things today.

The only thing that was really bad on Lucid's part was releasing the car without cruise control enabled etc. I'm not sure if the early adopters were made aware before purchase or discovered as they were driving away with their new $170,000 vehicle but that seemed to be a big fail on Lucid's part.
I think a lot of people see Tesla's software and go, why can't every company have software like this? Well, because that's not how the world works. Tesla's software is proprietary and if that's all you care about then they should just get a Tesla!

I understand that waiting for a delivery can be frustrating; however, perhaps it might help to consider the bigger context
Tesla: multiple price increases, over 20% in last 12 months, months of waiting for deliveries, shipping cars with missing parts, some configurations people ordered over 2 years ago were canceled without any fallback options
Ford: over 2 years waiting for EV truck, and it looks like they closed the waiting list
Cadillac EV: multi year waiting
Also, there are many instances where dealers add a huge surcharge over the MSRP for available deliveries.

It is clear to me that "Lucidisthebest" has a hidden nefarious agenda for whatever reasons.

IMO Lucid shows enormous level of integrity and respect, and they try to be transparent and responsive as much as possible.

I've owned my Dream since January. The car takes a long time to "boot up". It takes a long time to load the navigation. The navigation is not good. They need to fix it or get apple carplay working. The car did not come with cruise control. Still waiting on highway assist (which keeps you in the lane). I have been locked out of my car several times (with my fob and iphone in my pocket). The car keeps turning on the heated seat when i get in. The other day, the car slammed on the breaks because it thought i was going to hit something, but there was nothing there. The car looks amazing and drives great. Its the software, software, software. Fix that, and you have a winner. Then, they just need to make the car more affordable. It is too expensive for most.

I've owned my Dream since January. The car takes a long time to "boot up". It takes a long time to load the navigation. The navigation is not good. They need to fix it or get apple carplay working. The car did not come with cruise control. Still waiting on highway assist (which keeps you in the lane). I have been locked out of my car several times (with my fob and iphone in my pocket). The car keeps turning on the heated seat when i get in. The other day, the car slammed on the breaks because it thought i was going to hit something, but there was nothing there. The car looks amazing and drives great. Its the software, software, software. Fix that, and you have a winner. Then, they just need to make the car more affordable. It is too expensive for most.

You got your DE in January? Interesting...

Then, they just need to make the car more affordable. It is too expensive for most.
I am not sure I understand your comments.
The Lucid Air is clearly a luxury sedan, and the price reflects that.

What you are asking for is like expecting to fly a 1st class for a cost of economy. Let me know if there is a such an airline, I'd love to fly with them.

What you are complaining about simply does not make sense.

When I got my first Model S in 2015
Kind of unfair to compare your car that was introduced in 2012 to a first year car. Now if you wait 3 years and you compare your 2015 to a 2026 GT, that would be comparable.

Like most, I was shocked with how infantile Lucid's ADAS/UX/Infotainment software was at introduction. Every early DE owner was justified in complaining about it - if it was me, Lucid would have heard very loudly how upset I was. Apparently, Lucid spent all the software dev time on BMS, charging, and driving components. They seem to be putting more emphasis on ADAS/UX/infotainment now.

At this point, they've got enough ADAS functionality to satisfy my immediate wants. I'm not worried about their software as much as the issues in hardware popping up. Assembly issues with cantrails and motors leaking. Don't have enough cars to know if this is a trend or just a few one-offs. Even if Peter keeps harping on quality, if his plant managers feel pressured to pump cars out, the line workers are going to let substandard assembly pass to try to meet output demands.

I am not sure I understand your comments.
The Lucid Air is clearly a luxury sedan, and the price reflects that.

What you are asking for is like expecting to fly a 1st class for a cost of economy. Let me know if there is a such an airline, I'd love to fly with them.

What you are complaining about simply does not make sense.
It's in another thread but a majority of people seem to agree the car is overpriced. Comparing to a Tesla you're probably coming in at a $20K premium BUT Lucid took the same approach Tesla did, the first release cars are priced higher in order to get the offering of the Pure at a reasonable price and Peter has thanked early adopters for this. So the car isn't necessarily worth $170K/$139K but it's to secure decent profit margins to get the Pure out (that's my understanding). Tesla took the same approach in order to get to the Model 3.

The concern is that other automakers with decades of production expertise and a lot of cash are coming quick and fast with EV's so Lucid's window of opportunity is small and need to get to the Pure as quick as possible. Mercedes seems to be extremely aggressive with the EQ platform and with the EQE coming out now it's probably going to eat into Pure sales and people will potentially lean more to an established brand over a new one.

Awfully convenient that nothing is written and no purchase so it's just noise at this point. For every owner that cancels someone else will take so don't try and say that Lucid wouldn't look at the spec and offer it to another customer waiting for that spec. I was one of those customers, someone changed the spec and I got offered that persons original spec to purchase. I'm sure plenty of people would have taken your friends order cancellation without any discounts needing to be applied.

I also took one of the cancellations. Started with Silver/Mojave. Switched to Red/Mojave after the silver delay. Decided to accept an available cancellation which was Red/Tahoe. It took 12 days to truck the car from Scottsdale to Seattle because of the shortage of truck drivers.

I am scheduled to receive car tomorrow at Noon. Car to be trucked from Seattle to Portland OR.

Yay! Excited yes

I also took one of the cancellations. Started with Silver/Mojave. Switched to Red/Mojave after the silver delay. Decided to accept an available cancellation which was Red/Tahoe. It took 12 days to truck the car from Scottsdale to Seattle because of the shortage of truck drivers.

I am scheduled to receive car tomorrow at Noon. Car to be trucked from Seattle to Portland OR.

Yay! Excited yes
Awesome! When was your order confirmed?

Have you test driven the car to verify the software for yourself? The software complaints have died down for some time now and numerous people have stated the latest software is a vast improvement on performance etc.

Personally, I think the software has room for improvement and will evolve over time with OTA but i'm certainly not regretting my purchase. It's got qwerks but it's not a deal breaker. Keep in mind that Lucid has issued 8 or so software updates since October with each iteration improving. Now go to Porsche, Audi, VW, etc. and tell me how many software updates they've issued to their cars to fix software bugs, add features etc. I can tell you, I got 4 over 3 years with Audi and stupid bugs that were in the car day 1 still existed in the car 3 years on. I also lost connectivity to the car for 7 weeks where I couldn't use the App, see the SoC, start remote charging etc. and Audi just pretended the problem didn't exist when the issue was affecting a majority of the 2019 models. Audi promised function on demand, Audi promised plug and charge, Audi promised many things and didn't deliver anything so I would cut Lucid some slack because at least they're doing stuff to actively resolve issues when it comes to the software.
I’ve seen the car twice (in NYC and VA) when they didn’t offer test drives at the time. I’m scheduled for a test drive in a couple weeks
Kind of unfair to compare your car that was introduced in 2012 to a first year car. Now if you wait 3 years and you compare your 2015 to a 2026 GT, that would be comparable.

Like most, I was shocked with how infantile Lucid's ADAS/UX/Infotainment software was at introduction. Every early DE owner was justified in complaining about it - if it was me, Lucid would have heard very loudly how upset I was. Apparently, Lucid spent all the software dev time on BMS, charging, and driving components. They seem to be putting more emphasis on ADAS/UX/infotainment now.

At this point, they've got enough ADAS functionality to satisfy my immediate wants. I'm not worried about their software as much as the issues in hardware popping up. Assembly issues with cantrails and motors leaking. Don't have enough cars to know if this is a trend or just a few one-offs. Even if Peter keeps harping on quality, if his plant managers feel pressured to pump cars out, the line workers are going to let substandard assembly pass to try to meet output demands.
You do have a point. I’ve never bought a car this early in its relative life. I’m usually a semi-early adopter like I bought the model S 3 years after release. I bought a corvette C6 about 2 years after its release.

I really like Lucid, so I jumped early. Depending on what I hear with my DA talk tomorrow I might ask if I can voluntarily delay my order till later in the year with the hope that quality, both in sw and hw, improves.

Back