Air Dream Deliveries?

It says to me that the demand isnt there for such a high priced car. Also notice all the $$$ they are spending on tv ads
Price is rather good or even low. 800 hp, 500 mi, 5-seat but drives as a sports car; most importantly is exclusivity, luxury, and exterior looks - lots of people have lots of $$$ to pay for that alone. That Edmunds recently tested a lucid were the doors handles didnt work is of course completely unacceptable and so is everything else i read of software problems. Good software engineers command $250000 in mid cost areas of living and for the first 40 hrs/wk and they usually work 60+ with increased pay accordingly. Dont believe lucid had/have these -- you dont need many, one good replaces at least 5 average ones and he/she gets it right all time. Anyway, i estimate to have my gta on a flat bed to the service center 80 mi away quite a few times and flood them with any discrepancies i encounter.

The defect in my rear window cantrail on closer inspection is actually due to a misalignment of the rear window. The service people are gonna call me back and arrange a time to take a look. My concern isn’t over appearance, it’s over whether that seal is gonna leak long term. I’ll take pics later. My co-worker has a mid 70s Jensen Interceptor and he’s spent probably $20K troubleshooting all the leaky seals/misalignment issues. And guess what the Lucid rear window looks a little bit like?

Attachments

• B6CC38D7-37F7-4A70-8487-568543EB9EE1.png
    B6CC38D7-37F7-4A70-8487-568543EB9EE1.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 109
The defect in my rear window cantrail on closer inspection is actually due to a misalignment of the rear window. The service people are gonna call me back and arrange a time to take a look. My concern isn’t over appearance, it’s over whether that seal is gonna leak long term. I’ll take pics later. My co-worker has a mid 70s Jensen Interceptor and he’s spent probably $20K troubleshooting all the leaky seals/misalignment issues. And guess what the Lucid rear window looks a little bit like?
Very sorry to hear that. Just keep on hammering them. Request to witness inspect when they do it. Demand to get photos of the entire replacement process. If they dont get it right ... like if entire car is sheered... ill be your life trouble.

Here’s the pics. As much as I wanted my car, PDI totally failed if they green-lit this. The left has a gap of 1/2 inch between roof glass and rear window glass. The right has a gap of zero, you can barely even see a gap at all on the right. Or do I remember someone from another thread saying they tolerate gaps of up to 1/2 inch?

Attachments

• 96B30688-668E-4812-A236-E6089E05F614.jpeg
    96B30688-668E-4812-A236-E6089E05F614.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • 114AF523-697A-4B17-ABFF-C2E36C39A2BF.jpeg
    114AF523-697A-4B17-ABFF-C2E36C39A2BF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 186
Here’s the pics. As much as I wanted my car, PDI totally failed if they green-lit this. The left has a gap of 1/2 inch between roof glass and rear window glass. The right has a gap of zero, you can barely even see a gap at all on the right. Or do I remember someone from another thread saying they tolerate gaps of up to 1/2 inch?
Took me a while to figure out what I am looking at in the pics but now I understand. Kudos for noticing - I don’t think I would have. I agree it doesn’t seem right and I would be worried about future leaks too.

Some Lucid facts and predictions:
1) they were supposed to deliver 520 dreams in q4. As of today, that still hasnt happened…we are in q2
2) They lowered their 20k 2022 delivery number from 20k down to 12k-14k. That number will ultimately be at least cut in half, in my view
3) GT demand isn’t there. Its too expensive. They are offering discounts if you try to cancel and increasing tv advertising
4) Their software remains slow. Takes 30 secs to boot up the car, 10 secs for NAV to load, etc
5) Cruise control stinks and wont even keep you in the lane. Multiple software bugs still need fixing
6) They need to raise more capital

No position. Wish i was short the stock, but i don't like shorting.
You just stated “facts.” Just made me curious is all. I’m going to agree to disagree with the vast majority of what you said here. There may be a production revision, but I don’t think you could be more wrong about demand, and “discounts” just don’t exist. They have PIF money..majority of folks here have reported dramatically improved load times, while some still have longer. But we are entitled to our opinions!

I hear you. I’m scheduled to speak with my DA tomorrow regarding my order. Given all the stuff I’ve heard about the software, I too am nervous.

When I got my first Model S in 2015 it was about 3 months before auto pilot appeared via OTA. Everything else worked at the time. Cruise control worked and only got better over time. But I don’t recall waiting for critical and promised features.

I’m torn as to what to do. My GT being Grey with 20” wheels isn’t due anyway till July or August. I am hoping things will improve.

As for getting a price reduction I don’t believe that but I’ll know more tomorrow.

I hear you. I’m scheduled to speak with my DA tomorrow regarding my order. Given all the stuff I’ve heard about the software, I too am nervous.

When I got my first Model S in 2015 it was about 3 months before auto pilot appeared via OTA. Everything else worked at the time. Cruise control worked and only got better over time. But I don’t recall waiting for critical and promised features.

I’m torn as to what to do. My GT being Grey with 20” wheels isn’t due anyway till July or August. I am hoping things will improve.

As for getting a price reduction I don’t believe that but I’ll know more tomorrow.
I tend to not believe it also, but please keep us posted.

The discount was provided over the phone. Sorry, I can't prove it, other than my friend has no reason to lie to me. I highly doubt they would put it in writing, knowing it would get tweeted or posted on the forum. He canceled his order. If he had paid for it, at a 5% discount, then there would be proof.
Awfully convenient that nothing is written and no purchase so it's just noise at this point. For every owner that cancels someone else will take so don't try and say that Lucid wouldn't look at the spec and offer it to another customer waiting for that spec. I was one of those customers, someone changed the spec and I got offered that persons original spec to purchase. I'm sure plenty of people would have taken your friends order cancellation without any discounts needing to be applied.

Lucid needs to DRAMATICALLY improve their software. Instead of TV advertisements and opening new retail centers, they need to spend spend spend on software engineers and on R&D.

No position. Wish i was short the stock, but i don't like shorting.
With the stock in the 17’s today, much more upside than downside. I think the production misses are being baked into the stock and this is a buying opportunity rather than a short.

Have you test driven the car to verify the software for yourself? The software complaints have died down for some time now and numerous people have stated the latest software is a vast improvement on performance etc.

Personally, I think the software has room for improvement and will evolve over time with OTA but i'm certainly not regretting my purchase. It's got qwerks but it's not a deal breaker. Keep in mind that Lucid has issued 8 or so software updates since October with each iteration improving. Now go to Porsche, Audi, VW, etc. and tell me how many software updates they've issued to their cars to fix software bugs, add features etc. I can tell you, I got 4 over 3 years with Audi and stupid bugs that were in the car day 1 still existed in the car 3 years on. I also lost connectivity to the car for 7 weeks where I couldn't use the App, see the SoC, start remote charging etc. and Audi just pretended the problem didn't exist when the issue was affecting a majority of the 2019 models. Audi promised function on demand, Audi promised plug and charge, Audi promised many things and didn't deliver anything so I would cut Lucid some slack because at least they're doing stuff to actively resolve issues when it comes to the software.

Lucid needs to DRAMATICALLY improve their software. Instead of TV advertisements and opening new retail centers, they need to spend spend spend on software engineers and on R&D.
What is your biggest frustration with the software when using it?

wow. Considering you don't have the car and clearly lack any real experience with driving one, I wonder what makes you to continuously post these negative, trolling statements.

What is your biggest frustration with the software when using it?
There is none because that guy doesn't have a car, apparently has no stock in Lucid so...probably just a troll

There is none because that guy doesn't have a car, apparently has no stock in Lucid so...probably just a troll

Yeah, right, he’s *totally* telling the truth about not having a short position

Back