Air Dream Deliveries?

Having been an ICE guy all those years, I obviously have no experience with these charging stations. Just wondering what the group thinks about safety, especially at night for lone drivers, etc.
Off-topic but here goes: CCS charging stations are usually located on parking lots of Walmarts, Shell gas stations, and the like. They generally do not have added security cameras or supplemental lighting. At a risk of too broad a brush, I would say that most guys would take a look around and be OK with charging alone at night, but many women would not. If my wife took a solo trip into the sticks, I wouldn't want her to plan on charging at night.

If you pull up plugshare.com, set the car as a Lucid Air and "Plugs" to CCS, you can find charging locations in your area to go look at while you are waiting for your car.

There are at least six Dream Editions here at the Millbrae Center on the showroom floor and many many GT’s.
Did you notice any with 20" wheels?

Did you notice any with 20" wheels?
I didn't see any 20" wheels. Lots of 19" and the GT 21". They told me they have around 20 cars now at Millbrae and deliveries are constant.

There are at least six Dream Editions here at the Millbrae Center on the showroom floor and many many GT’s.
Should we find in interesting that by now the end of Q1 and they still haven’t delivered all DEs?

Are there still issues with DE-specific parts?

Should we find in interesting that by now the end of Q1 and they still haven’t delivered all DEs?

Are there still issues with DE-specific parts?
Think it was the carpet and glass, but even with cars produced, shipping logistics is holding everything back.

20" wheels are delayed till July.
I was hoping they'd have a prototype set on display somewhere. Somewhat surprisingly, the 245/40R20 and 265/40R20 tires on the Air's 20" wheels are almost exactly the same size as the 255/40R20 rear tires on our XC40 P8 EV. So I've been staring at those to help convince myself that the 20's are the right compromise for me.

Off-topic but here goes: CCS charging stations are usually located on parking lots of Walmarts, Shell gas stations, and the like. They generally do not have added security cameras or supplemental lighting. At a risk of too broad a brush, I would say that most guys would take a look around and be OK with charging alone at night, but many women would not. If my wife took a solo trip into the sticks, I wouldn't want her to plan on charging at night.

If you pull up plugshare.com, set the car as a Lucid Air and "Plugs" to CCS, you can find charging locations in your area to go look at while you are waiting for your car.
Thanks. Great suggestion.

Thanks. Great suggestion.
Or check Electrify America's website or phone app for those free 150kW/350kW charging locations.

Think it was the carpet and glass, but even with cars produced, shipping logistics is holding everything back.
Well given that’s there about 200 cars in the parking lot as seen on Bears Workshop it’s not looking good for Q1 deliveries.

Perhaps then…. they are getting close to having all the Dreams delivered 4 months late.

There were two Dreams in Chicago, I'll drive by again next weekend to see if they're still there. It's on my way to rock climbing.

I saw a red Dream Edition at Torrance today. The owner hasn’t picked it up yet. Unfortunately, our sales advisor didn’t know the DE number.

A friend of mine tried to cancel their GT order and they offered him 5% off the car!!!!

Last edited:
A friend of mine tried to cancel their GT order and they offered him 10% off the car!!!!
Does that mean they dont have enough high paying customers? My atg silver they say will come jul-sep. I only belive sep or later.

Back