Air Dream Deliveries?

Better put in another reservation at this point
Yea just reserve a white or black GT and you will get it before your own...:p

I thought the same thing, but I doubt it. They would see my name on it and put a hold on it internally and just tell me "hopefully soon".

I thought the same thing, but I doubt it. They would see my name on it and put a hold on it internally and just tell me "hopefully soon".
Isn't the solution then to reserve it under your wife's name?

Nope, my last name is kinda simple, but unique and easy to remember. I also do not think Charlotte is going to have too many orders, not for some time anyway.

I think she might like the Gravity better anyway, given the last sedan she drove as her car was over 25 years ago.

My wife keeps taking the car I buy as her everyday car. She says that she won’t do that with my Lucid, but perhaps I’m being naive to believe that. Lol.

i think it would funny if @CLTGT orders another Lucid (don't think funny is the right word (irony maybe?) but it's interesting how he came around).

No, I love the car and the test drive reinforced that thought. I still absolutely detest their communication strategy and the fact that I asked them up front if color was going to impact delivery and was told "absolutely not". My original order was for Red/Mojave, but changed that to Grey/Mojave at confirmation. I still do not like the fact that I see daily proof that order date and confirmation date mean much less than color choice, at least at this point. The only hint that they might have issues producing grey and silver came so late in the process that change was not an option. Expectations were not set correctly by Lucid and I have had an honest conversation with my DA and his boss about that. Telling me 2-4 months and then giving no update/acknowledgement when that timeframe was not kept is inexcusable. All of my problems stem from communication and/or lack thereof.

That being said, by the time I might be tempted to place another order, they should have their sh*t together, software should be in a better place and I will have some experience with my GT. No way I "confirm" another order until then. It looks like they are getting to a place where order/confirmation are merging. Plus, now my expectation with Lucid has been reset to "take whatever timeframe they tell you and double it".

I am pretty old school in that I try to keep my word and if I can't, I communicate as soon as that becomes apparent. I am also the type of person that thinks five minutes early is on-time and on-time is late and that thinking goes for all deadlines. I do not put off things until tomorrow that I can do today. My problem is that I expect that of others as well. It's quite amazing that I have stayed married over 30 years as my wife is the absolute opposite, on-time for her is ten-twenty minutes late, for everything. If we are supposed to be at the school for something scheduled at 4, she will leave at 4 and we will get there at 4:30 and she will wonder why we missed our son's event.

Last edited:
The pricing dilemma is going to be interesting. We are getting to a point with gas prices and increasing EV acceptance could really put a strain on the existing charging network (especially in the southeastern US) and, at some point, the ageing electric grid. Prices are going to go up regardless of whether one is purchasing an ICE vehicle or an EV. The percentage increase is going to be interesting given the raw material issues presenting themselves. Which types of vehicles manufacturing cost will go up more?

As far as a price increase for Lucid if/when I seriously consider replacing my wife's GLS450, I will weigh that against whatever else she might be looking at along with how I feel about Lucid at that time. Lucid is in a huge race. I do not see BMW or Mercedes catching up in the near term for EV's, but the same might not be true of Hyundai, Kia or Genesis. I am not committed to an EV, the Lucid Air is an experiment for me and an opportunity to dip my toe in the water. Lucid will be my first EV. I really enjoyed my test drive and fully expect to be happy with the overall experience. So, actually getting any EV for my wife will depend on not just my experience with Lucid, but our experience with an EV.

I do not see BMW or Mercedes catching up in the near term for EV's
I agree on BMW but Mercedes caught me off guard. Unlike the other German brands they seemed to actually deliver a relatively efficient EV (ignore EPA as it seems very conservative) and at a reasonable price (in terms of Luxury). I know Mercedes is old luxury and Lucid is going for new Luxury but I do wonder how and if Lucid will get people to convert. The EQS and EQE aren't just loaded with tech but they're coming in cheaper than the Lucid (without dealer markups).

Either Lucid hasn't done a good job at listing out all the standard features the car comes with or it's missing key things that should come standard in a Luxury car. The Pure for example not having a sunroof when every other Luxury car at that price point does. Yes, it's just a sunroof but the little things missing add up. Mercedes is about to launch Level 3 DrivePilot and you don't see them charging $9K for it.

My biggest worry with Lucid is they focused so much on range and efficiency that they've potentially sacrificed features that Luxury owners have come to expect as just standard for the price point.

I have a bias against Mercedes even though I own one, so that may be it. The service/attention I have gotten over the years from BMW dealers in three separate cities was so far above that from the Mercedes dealers I have had interactions with in two of the same cities. It's kinda weird though as Hendrick owns both the BMW and Mercedes dealers in Charlotte that I have had dealings with and it's both on the sales and service side that BMW was been better here locally.

I agree on BMW but Mercedes caught me off guard. Unlike the other German brands they seemed to actually deliver a relatively efficient EV (ignore EPA as it seems very conservative) and at a reasonable price (in terms of Luxury). I know Mercedes is old luxury and Lucid is going for new Luxury but I do wonder how and if Lucid will get people to convert. The EQS and EQE aren't just loaded with tech but they're coming in cheaper than the Lucid (without dealer markups).

Either Lucid hasn't done a good job at listing out all the standard features the car comes with or it's missing key things that should come standard in a Luxury car. The Pure for example not having a sunroof when every other Luxury car at that price point does. Yes, it's just a sunroof but the little things missing add up. Mercedes is about to launch Level 3 DrivePilot and you don't see them charging $9K for it.

My biggest worry with Lucid is they focused so much on range and efficiency that they've potentially sacrificed features that Luxury owners have come to expect as just standard for the price point.

The EQS, for example, doesn’t have a frunk, and it’s only “cheaper” until you account for the fact that dealers are marking it up like crazy.

Every car has limitations; I think my issue with MB is that they’re taking the same “let’s take an existing look and/or chassis and build an EV around it” approach so many automakers are taking, rather than the Polestar/Lucid/Rivian “an EV is not an ICE car, so let’s design and build it from the ground up” approach.

The EQS, for example, doesn’t have a frunk, and it’s only “cheaper” until you account for the fact that dealers are marking it up like crazy.

Every car has limitations; I think my issue with MB is that they’re taking the same “let’s take an existing look and/or chassis and build an EV around it” approach so many automakers are taking, rather than the Polestar/Lucid/Rivian “an EV is not an ICE car, so let’s design and build it from the ground up” approach.
People have gone decades without a frunk so don't think Mercedes missing one is a "What do you mean if doesn't have a frunk? I'M OUT" kind of deal. MSRP to MSRP the MB just offers more and has decades of brand awareness that Lucid doesn't.

It may be cobbled together on some old ICE platform with batteries shoved in but unless you're an enthusiast you're not going to know about that or even possibly care. People will look at what am I getting for the money and if the list is 5,10,20 times longer on the MB over Lucid then the potential argument will be "Why would I pay more, for less".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a MB guy. Don't like the look of it and think hyperscreen and nightclub lighting is overkill. I just think when comparing apples to apples Lucid may have a tough time on its hands with the way it's priced and people's expectations.

People have gone decades without a frunk so don't think Mercedes missing one is a "What do you mean if doesn't have a frunk? I'M OUT" kind of deal. MSRP to MSRP the MB just offers more and has decades of brand awareness that Lucid doesn't.

It may be cobbled together on some old ICE platform with batteries shoved in but unless you're an enthusiast you're not going to know about that or even possibly care. People will look at what am I getting for the money and if the list is 5,10,20 times longer on the MB over Lucid then the potential argument will be "Why would I pay more, for less".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a MB guy. Don't like the look of it and think hyperscreen and nightclub lighting is overkill. I just think when comparing apples to apples Lucid may have a tough time on its hands with the way it's priced and people's expectations.

You’re only looking at it from one direction. When comparing cars, people will note the Lucid (and other EVs) have a frunk and the EQS doesn’t. If they don’t note that, then why would they note features in the other direction?

I’m just providing a single example. Lots of people also buy plenty of cars without sunroofs. There are plenty of differences between the two, in both directions. 🤷‍♂️

Specs and features here: https://www.lucidmotors.com/air/specs/

You’re only looking at it from one direction. When comparing cars, people will note the Lucid (and other EVs) have a frunk and the EQS doesn’t. If they don’t note that, then why would they note it in the other direction? I’m just providing a single example.
Good point

A MAJOR MAJOR point for Lucid is driving and handling.

A MAJOR MAJOR point for Lucid is driving and handling.
And range. You will be saying “I wish I had more range“ when you are waiting 30’ in line to charge your car for another 30’. It is just not fun.

And range. You will be saying “I wish I had more range“ when you are waiting 30’ in line to charge your car for another 30’. It is just not fun.
Yea...I had that exact scenario when I stopped in Quartzite and there were 2 cars in front of me. I just left and drove another 90 miles to the next charging station

Yea...I had that exact scenario when I stopped in Quartzite and there were 2 cars in front of me. I just left and drove another 90 miles to the next charging station
IMHO It would only have been better if you had left a note to those cars in front pointing out that was exactly what you were going to do :)

Back