Air Dream Deliveries?

IMHO It would only have been better if you had left a note to those cars in front pointing out that was exactly what you were going to do :)
Oh they knew because there was a Rivian media vehicle charging and when I pulled up everyone came over to check out the Lucid. I asked who else was in line, it was a Mach-E and an ID4 while the Rivian and a Bolt were charging. I was like, see ya guys later driving to the next charger in Buckeye!

Having been an ICE guy all those years, I obviously have no experience with these charging stations. Just wondering what the group thinks about safety, especially at night for lone drivers, etc.

I agree on BMW but Mercedes caught me off guard. Unlike the other German brands they seemed to actually deliver a relatively efficient EV (ignore EPA as it seems very conservative) and at a reasonable price (in terms of Luxury). I know Mercedes is old luxury and Lucid is going for new Luxury but I do wonder how and if Lucid will get people to convert. The EQS and EQE aren't just loaded with tech but they're coming in cheaper than the Lucid (without dealer markups).

Either Lucid hasn't done a good job at listing out all the standard features the car comes with or it's missing key things that should come standard in a Luxury car. The Pure for example not having a sunroof when every other Luxury car at that price point does. Yes, it's just a sunroof but the little things missing add up. Mercedes is about to launch Level 3 DrivePilot and you don't see them charging $9K for it.

My biggest worry with Lucid is they focused so much on range and efficiency that they've potentially sacrificed features that Luxury owners have come to expect as just standard for the price point.
This is absolutely correct, I own an 2021 GLS 450 which I purchased almost fully optioned for about 90K. Even given TCO allowances for an EV, a fully optioned and full feature list car for me should be in this price range of about 100K. Actually the trend, at least for ICE cars, has been the price point to come down for a full luxury features, such as the Hyundai Palisade for example. So I don’t think 140K is really reasonable, and I may have to wait for the market to get a little bit more saturated rather pay essentially an early adopter premium. That or compromise and go for a Touring and enjoy the new trend of EV driving and not worry about lack of massage seats, lol.

This is absolutely correct, I own an 2021 GLS 450 which I purchased almost fully optioned for about 90K. Even given TCO allowances for an EV, a fully optioned and full feature list car for me should be in this price range of about 100K. Actually the trend, at least for ICE cars, has been the price point to come down for a full luxury features, such as the Hyundai Palisade for example. So I don’t think 140K is really reasonable, and I may have to wait for the market to get a little bit more saturated rather pay essentially an early adopter premium. That or compromise and go for a Touring and enjoy the new trend of EV driving and not worry about lack of massage seats, lol.
Your GLS450 does not have 800 hp. If you're comparing, it should be to the $130k+ MSRP GLS 63.

Your GLS450 does not have 800 hp. If you're comparing, it should be to the $130k+ MSRP GLS 63.
This sounds like the Tesla argument, I'm supposed to compromise on luxury as well as increasingly standard options (e.g., CarPlay) for dubious extra power and software Easter eggs.

This sounds like the Tesla argument, I'm supposed to compromise on luxury as well as increasingly standard options (e.g., CarPlay) for dubious extra power and software Easter eggs.
No, it's about comparing apples to apples. Cars with dubious extra power tend to cost a lot more, so ignoring that makes the comparison much less informative. I would compare your GLS 450 to a Air Touring, or perhaps an optioned up Pure. You may still (very reasonably, considering your requirements for a car) conclude the Air is not a good value for features offered but at least you've done so out of a fairer comparison.

I am comparing the GT to my BMW M5 and based on my test drive, I really do not have much of a gripe based on price when I consider the driving dynamics. Software, we'll see, but I am optimistic. I like to "drive" my car and don't find myself in traffic much so DDP has less value to me, not "no value", but I can definitely wait for features I currently do not have on my current car anyway.

I might miss the noise of that engine/exhaust, but I have a couple old Mustangs for that. And they come with that Muscle car aroma as well...

I am comparing the GT to my BMW M5 and based on my test drive, I really do not have much of a gripe based on price when I consider the driving dynamics. Software, we'll see, but I am optimistic. I like to "drive" my car and don't find myself in traffic much so DDP has less value to me, not "no value", but I can definitely wait for features I currently do not have on my current car anyway.

I might miss the noise of that engine/exhaust, but I have a couple old Mustangs for that. And they come with that Muscle car aroma as well...
I'm sure they make air fresheners that mimick that smell...

It doesn't matter anymore since they missed the original projection and they are delivering GTs

There are at least six Dream Editions here at the Millbrae Center on the showroom floor and many many GT’s.

Back