Air Dream Deliveries?

See this response:
I just talked with my Inside Delivery Advisor. He stated that there is a halt on ALL deliveries as there is an issue on the amount of torque used to bolt the batteries on some of the vehicles. The reason why they halted ALL deliveries is that they don't know which vehicles are affected and need to be fixed.

I know there has been at least one more delivery from the other forum.

I think the Dream deliveries have continued to dribble out, but it is unclear how many are left. Is there anyone on this board who is still waiting for one?

So as I posted my Dream was delivered last Tuesday and it went straight to my Detailer. I should get it back either late today or early tomorrow depending if this light rain goes away. Car can’t get wet for a week to allow the ceramic coating to fully cure. I forgot to mention my limited edition number is 337.

So as I posted my Dream was delivered last Tuesday and it went straight to my Detailer. I should get it back either late today or early tomorrow depending if this light rain goes away. Car can’t get wet for a week to allow the ceramic coating to fully cure. I forgot to mention my limited edition number is 337.
@SaratogaLefty, I just DM'ed you about your experience with Deep Reflections. I'm trying to figure out where to get the wrapping done. I live in south San Jose so the Los Gatos location is a lot closer to me.

My order was someone else's cancellation.

I received my VIN today. Where in the process does that indicate I am?

My order was someone else's cancellation.

I received my VIN today. Where in the process does that indicate I am?

Hard to say for Dream waitlisters. For Grand Touring reservation holders, the general line Lucid will give you is 4-8 weeks. But take that with a grain of salt. Because if a reservation holder for a Dream fell through, it very may well have been during payment - which is at the very end of the process.

Edit: It's also been reported that Dreams are done with the hard part of production and are either waiting on delivery or a finishing part.

Any recent Dream deliveries since #414? They seem to have slowed again.
Maybe there is search function that can pull up my posts. I was on waitlist and there was a cancellation. I posted when I got vin, delivery etc.

@SaratogaLefty, I just DM'ed you about your experience with Deep Reflections. I'm trying to figure out where to get the wrapping done. I live in south San Jose so the Los Gatos location is a lot closer to me.
Okay so I picked up the car from Deep Reflections this morning. I have to say he did an outstanding job!! I am very pleased. I have to go back in three weeks as the Feynlab company requires him to do a checkup to make sure the coating is perfect. Today I drove around aimlessly to familiarize myself with "one pedal driving" and listening to my Apple Music recordings. I did input the adjustments on the Equalizer that Copper recommended and I have to say the sound quality is outstanding even though I'm using Bluetooth currently. I can't wait to see how it will sound once we get Apple CarPlay and I can direct stream my playlist of Dolby Atmos recordlings!! Hard to believe it could sound much better but we'll just have to wait and see. I still haven't taken the car out of Smooth mode. Tomorrow I'm meeting a Lucid rep at the Valley Fair EA Charging station to make sure I know how to use the EA Chargers for my upcoming trip.

Okay so I picked up the car from Deep Reflections this morning. I have to say he did an outstanding job!! I am very pleased. I have to go back in three weeks as the Feynlab company requires him to do a checkup to make sure the coating is perfect. Today I drove around aimlessly to familiarize myself with "one pedal driving" and listening to my Apple Music recordings. I did input the adjustments on the Equalizer that Copper recommended and I have to say the sound quality is outstanding even though I'm using Bluetooth currently. I can't wait to see how it will sound once we get Apple CarPlay and I can direct stream my playlist of Dolby Atmos recordlings!! Hard to believe it could sound much better but we'll just have to wait and see. I still haven't taken the car out of Smooth mode. Tomorrow I'm meeting a Lucid rep at the Valley Fair EA Charging station to make sure I know how to use the EA Chargers for my upcoming trip.
If you get time, please post a few pics.

They really did a great job on the stereo for sure. Glad the review helped!

Want to meet up sometime? I’d love to compare!
Sure. I can let you know what time I'm going to be at the Valley Fair EA charging station tomorrow if that works for you? I'm waiting for my Lucid person to get back to me with a time that works well for him.

Sure. I can let you know what time I'm going to be at the Valley Fair EA charging station tomorrow if that works for you? I'm waiting for my Lucid person to get back to me with a time that works well for him.
Actually that works perfectly! I have no plans tomorrow at the moment. :D

I agree, the 21" wheels do not make the ride harsh. We have terrible roads in Colorado, and the Lucid DE with 21" wheels handle them better than my Tesla with 21" wheels. It is more muted, isolated and doesn't send shudders throughout the car as in the Tesla.

Peter Rawlinson used to explain that the primary reason he opted for a conventional trunk on the Air instead of a hatchback was that the Model S torsional rigidity was compromised by the hatchback. Derek Jenkins later talked about how the conventional trunk also provided more sound isolation for the cabin, and that became the angle that most subsequent reviewers almost always highlighted as the justification to abandon the hatchback, and Rawlinson's original explanation faded from the press' memory.

Rawlinson is first and foremost a superb suspension engineer. He ran engineering at two of the most-storied suspension houses in the industry: Jaguar and Lotus. (This is probably why Musk glommed onto the chassis engineering aspect in propagating his lie that Rawlinson was only a chassis engineer at Tesla.) Rawlinson understands the multiple advantages in ride and handling that flow from a more rigid body structure, and he brought this understanding to bear in the Air. (Remember that the only thing he was not allowed to change when he joined Tesla as Chief Engineer was the body shell that was already locked in.)

Rawlinson knew enough about hysteresis lag to know the limits of the air suspensions that have become the standard for most other high-end sedans. He knew the exquisite balance between compliance and instant response that could be wrung out of a properly-rigged coil spring setup under a rock-solid body structure.

Yeah, you can't put a large dog cage in the back of your Air. But what you get instead is probably the finest chassis set up of any sedan on the road in any performance category at any price point.

Peter Rawlinson used to explain that the primary reason he opted for a conventional trunk on the Air instead of a hatchback was that the Model S torsional rigidity was compromised by the hatchback. Derek Jenkins later talked about how the conventional trunk also provided more sound isolation for the cabin, and that became the angle that most subsequent reviewers almost always highlighted as the justification to abandon the hatchback, and Rawlinson's original explanation faded from the press' memory.

Rawlinson is first and foremost a superb suspension engineer. He ran engineering at two of the most-storied suspension houses in the industry: Jaguar and Lotus. (This is probably why Musk glommed onto the chassis engineering aspect in propagating his lie that Rawlinson was only a chassis engineer at Tesla.) Rawlinson understands the multiple advantages in ride and handling that flow from a more rigid body structure, and he brought this understanding to bear in the Air. (Remember that the only thing he was not allowed to change when he joined Tesla as Chief Engineer was the body shell that was already locked in.)

Rawlinson knew enough about hysteresis lag to know the limits of the air suspensions that have become the standard for most other high-end sedans. He knew the exquisite balance between compliance and instant response that could be wrung out of a properly-rigged coil spring setup under a rock-solid body structure.

Yeah, you can't put a large dog cage in the back of your Air. But what you get instead is probably the finest chassis set up of any sedan on the road in any performance category at any price point.
I totally agree and I can prove it. Our 2020 Taycan 4s is up for sale. Great car but has seen little use since the Lucid arrived.

I totally agree and I can prove it. Our 2020 Taycan 4s is up for sale. Great car but has seen little use since the Lucid arrived.
So you think the Lucid drives better than the Taycan?

Actually that works perfectly! I have no plans tomorrow at the moment. :D
curious to hear what you guys think of the differences in quality of work (if any). it sounds like both of you are happy with your shop.

Back