22,000 Mike average M/kw

Sparky2

Cars
Tesla S100D , Lucid AGTLT
Just throwing out my $.02 worth. Have driven 22,000 miles thus far. These mileage is exclusively road tripping for business. Home is Portland Oregon with round trips to Minnesota and Tempe Arizona with trips down to the SF Bay Area as well. We live in the hills in the Portland area. My total Mi/Kw is sitting at 3.7.
In my 2017 Tesla S, going to Minnesota required 10 stops to charge heading out and 11 coming back. Present ly after 115,000 miles of driving, the same trip required 14 stops , this is due to reduced range ( new 330 miles, now 284 and the distance between charging stations) . On my LAGT, 5 stops out and 6 coming back. What an improvement!!! , I spend most of my time driving and about 5 1/2 hours charging . ( usually charge to 95-99%.
On all my trips I’ve drive at mostly 70.
Then I learned that the 500+ mileage that Lucid advertises was done at 65mph NOT the 70 ( there’s a guy in NJ that “supposedly” tests the real world range on EV’s at 70mph on a loop around New Jersey, and got over 500miles, so I thought that was the test speed) sooo, now I will TRY to keep it at 65 for the next 10k and report back. Hopefully in the low 4’s instead of the 3.7 I’ve gotten .

Damn, that's an impressive M/Kw overall average and a huge difference in number of stops. It must drive you crazy on the occasion when you have to use the Tesla now on that trip.

Just throwing out my $.02 worth. Have driven 22,000 miles thus far. These mileage is exclusively road tripping for business. Home is Portland Oregon with round trips to Minnesota and Tempe Arizona with trips down to the SF Bay Area as well. We live in the hills in the Portland area. My total Mi/Kw is sitting at 3.7.
In my 2017 Tesla S, going to Minnesota required 10 stops to charge heading out and 11 coming back. Present ly after 115,000 miles of driving, the same trip required 14 stops , this is due to reduced range ( new 330 miles, now 284 and the distance between charging stations) . On my LAGT, 5 stops out and 6 coming back. What an improvement!!! , I spend most of my time driving and about 5 1/2 hours charging . ( usually charge to 95-99%.
Then I learned that the 500+ mileage that Lucid advertises was done at 65mph NOT the 70 ( there’s a guy in NJ that “supposedly” tests the real world range on EV’s at 70mph on a loop around New Jersey, and got over 500miles, so I thought that was the test speed) sooo, now I will TRY to keep it at 65 for the next 10k and report back. Hopefully in the low 4’s instead of the 3.7 I’ve gotten .
Good luck keeping it at 65mph. The temptation to go at higher speed is, for me, equivalent to having a cholate bar within reach & not touching it for hours !! 😁

Good luck keeping it at 65mph. The temptation to go at higher speed is, for me, equivalent to having a cholate bar within reach & not touching it for hours !! 😁
HA helps a lot, tbh

That’s great! Tom’s test from (State of Charge) was a Lucid Air Dream range edition which has a higher density battery chemistry. Kyle from (Out of spec) did a driving test with an AGT w/19” wheels and got around 425 (going off memory)miles at constant 70mph. It would be interesting to see how different the results would be at 65mph. Cheers!

That’s great! Tom’s test from (State of Charge) was a Lucid Air Dream range edition which has a higher density battery chemistry. Kyle from (Out of spec) did a driving test with an AGT w/19” wheels and got around 425 (going off memory)miles at constant 70mph. It would be interesting to see how different the results would be at 65mph. Cheers!

I think Kyle Connor’s wife guessed 437, and Kyle actually got 435. Or something like that.

Out of curiosity, how long have you had the AGT? I'm essentially asking to understand if your 3.7 includes winter driving or if you got your car more recently and have only been driving in the warmer weather?

Up until last Friday my 6-month old Touring averaged 4 Mi/KWh in mixed (mostly suburban/city with a couple of Summertime 400-800 mi trips) driving. This weekend's trip was to Canada, with Fall temps. The average on the highway going up (no rain) was about 3.5, returning - with rain most of the time and temps in low 40s - 3.0 Mi/KWh at 70-75 mph. I also noticed that 'miles remaining at stop' is inaccurate at above 65 mph speeds. 19" wheels

Up until last Friday my 6-month old Touring averaged 4 Mi/KWh in mixed (mostly suburban/city with a couple of Summertime 400-800 mi trips) driving. This weekend's trip was to Canada, with Fall temps. The average on the highway going up (no rain) was about 3.5, returning - with rain most of the time and temps in low 40s - 3.0 Mi/KWh at 70-75 mph. I also noticed that 'miles remaining at stop' is inaccurate at above 65 mph speeds. 19" wheels
The miles remaining will take your %SOC and multiply by the EPA efficiency. It's accurate in that regards but if you know you are getting 80% on average just multiply that by 80% and it should be the same.

Nice post! When I use a public fast charger I usually only charge to max 90% - 95% because the time for the last 5% to 10% is unbearable! I wonder if you could spend less time charging with this strategy???

I have had my GTA for sometime. (1.5 years). I have 27K miles on it in Virginia Beach. My lifetime avg is 3.3m/kw. I do drive aggressively and don't care about the range. I am on 21" wheels and drive on a combo of highways/byways and local roads. The car calculates the ranger at ab out 4.4/4.5 m/kw. So its at 70% of what the car estimates. If I drive in perfect weather with perfect driving habits then I can get to 85% or 90% of stated. But how fun is that?

My question is, does the pure do 3.7 or 4 m/kw on average or is it also same as GTA.

I think the Pure's efficiency is based on wheel size, and would get similar mi/kwh to GT on same wheels and conditions, however I'd expect the Pure to do a bit better efficiency in stop/go driving since the lighter weight/lower power would mean a little less power consumption.

And the embarrassment when you are passed by Corollas, Nissan Versas, Kia Fortes, etc. I can just see the smile on a Prius owner's face as he passes you.

But, you are correct, speed is one of the killers on range. Fortunately, for me, I don't care. I just plop myself in the car pool lane, set the ACC at 74 (speed limit 65) and proceed. Even at that, I am passed by more cars than I pass.

AGT 21 inch wheel, 11,000 miles....Mine is averaging 3.1m/kwh on the Dallas North Tollway at 75- 80 mph...

3.7 over 29K miles, 19" wheels.

I’m only 3.1 m/kw in 11,000 miles or so of driving.

Apparently I need to slow down🤪
No you don't. You didn't buy a Lucid Air Grand Touring in order to hypermile or extend range. At least I assume you didn't and if you did, you wasted a lot of money. On my car, with much less range, I am running at 2.9 and I don't care. It is too much fun to drive.

Back