21" tires and Blowouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

creair

DE Number
Hey Everyone, 11000 miles and just finished replacing my 6th tire. 2 blowouts and 4 bubbles. Any decent idea or tires that would fare better than the pirellis? Form what I see this is a heavy car with a very low profile on 21's. I have had issues with tires with my S class on AMG 20's as well but they were gone after switching to non RFT. Other than downsizing

Somewhere I read Michelin is coming soon OEM 21” All Season.

Most heavy cars come with a load rating "XL". For a Lucid, I would prefer one with the newer "HL" load rating which accounts for the heavier electric vehicles. Michelin is already making some 21" 4S tires that have an HL rating but not currently for the size of the Lucid. Michelin is also coming our with newer 5S tires that may also fit your needs.

Hey Everyone, 11000 miles and just finished replacing my 6th tire. 2 blowouts and 4 bubbles. Any decent idea or tires that would fare better than the pirellis? Form what I see this is a heavy car with a very low profile on 21's. I have had issues with tires with my S class on AMG 20's as well but they were gone after switching to non RFT. Other than downsizing
I have about 5500 miles, 4 new tires and one new rim. Very frustrating. I found the current Micheline tires, but they come with a warning to specifically NOT use them with the Lucid.

Most heavy cars come with a load rating "XL". For a Lucid, I would prefer one with the newer "HL" load rating which accounts for the heavier electric vehicles. Michelin is already making some 21" 4S tires that have an HL rating but not currently for the size of the Lucid. Michelin is also coming our with newer 5S tires that may also fit your needs.
I can't wait.

Curious what area you are in? I just got a nasty welt with my 21s and the tow truck driver said that he just picked up a car with a nasty blowout in the Bay Area the day before.

I knew going in that the Pirelli’s were going to be a source of frustration, yet I still find myself frustrated. Years ago I had a MB that had 4 welts in 6 months from the Pirellis. Switched to Michelins and never had a problem.

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a forced recall and massive lawsuits from the danger they pose. Just seems like these tires are a ticking time bomb.

Two blowouts and four bent rims after a couple months convinced me to switch to the 19s. I really don’t like their look but there was no alternative at that time. I would have ordered the 20s as a compromise but they weren’t available for several months. Any body running the 20s have these issues?

I have about 5500 miles, 4 new tires and one new rim. Very frustrating. I found the current Micheline tires, but they come with a warning to specifically NOT use them with the Lucid.
Right behind you. Less than 4500, two potholes serving up two blowouts and two bubbles in the Pirellis. Wondering if the Pirellis are just fancy brave-name garbage.

- T

Curious what area you are in? I just got a nasty welt with my 21s and the tow truck driver said that he just picked up a car with a nasty blowout in the Bay Area the day before.

I knew going in that the Pirelli’s were going to be a source of frustration, yet I still find myself frustrated. Years ago I had a MB that had 4 welts in 6 months from the Pirellis. Switched to Michelins and never had a problem.

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a forced recall and massive lawsuits from the danger they pose. Just seems like these tires are a ticking time bomb.
I am in Atlanta and mostly suburbs and we don't have bad potholes. The potholes on which the tire blew, it was so shallow that I drove 2 other cars over it and didn't even feel it

Getting two 19 inch straighten by lucid( hit another pothole going down to NYC) and a tire replacement due to extreme wear

So far so good for me with 4000 miles on 21 inch tires. We have a whole lot of serious pot holes here in San Diego but I do keep an eye out for them.

GT 3500 mlies so far delivery in October 2022Mine came w the 21s and much prefer the look, but had one blow out (a week after received my spare) and ordered a set of the 19 which have had no issue. I plan on putting the 21s on for the summer, but will need to be careful. Is Tire insurance available?

GT 3500 mlies so far delivery in October 2022Mine came w the 21s and much prefer the look, but had one blow out (a week after received my spare) and ordered a set of the 19 which have had no issue. I plan on putting the 21s on for the summer, but will need to be careful. Is Tire insurance available?
Discount tire can warranty all 4 tires
This is what I've done after my replacement (had 2 front tires replaced after hitting nasty pothole on both) for my 19"

Discount tire can warranty all 4 tires
This is what I've done after my replacement (had 2 front tires replaced after hitting nasty pothole on both) for my 19"
Me too. It’s about $260 for all 4.

I have 8000 miles on my Lucid Air and had 4 front tires get the bubble and thus needed replacing. I decided to buy my own 19 inch wheels (they match the gold color pretty closely and look great) and purchased the 19" Pirelli tires. A Lucid tech who has come to my home several times told me this happens all the time with 21" wheels, but he was not aware of any bubbles or blowouts when 19" wheels were installed. Plus the 19" wheels get an extra 40 miles range (EPA numbers; we all know that probably means 25 extra real miles).

I have 8000 miles on my Lucid Air and had 4 front tires get the bubble and thus needed replacing. I decided to buy my own 19 inch wheels (they match the gold color pretty closely and look great) and purchased the 19" Pirelli tires. A Lucid tech who has come to my home several times told me this happens all the time with 21" wheels, but he was not aware of any bubbles or blowouts when 19" wheels were installed. Plus the 19" wheels get an extra 40 miles range (EPA numbers; we all know that probably means 25 extra real miles).
Knock on wood, my 21s have had no issues after about 8500 miles. Bought the warranty for peace of mind anyway.

Pics?

Feels like I maybe the odd one out but i have had 1 tire blowout (at 500 miles yep!) and one tire bulge replacement (8k miles approx) on the 19" Pireliis!

Is your car a Dream edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back