Difference between 20" and 21" wheels (besides an inch)

bigfoot

I've read through most of the threads about wheels and tires on here, but still had a question. I've never owned a car with low profile tires. Are the 20's any better when it comes to potholes or road damage than the 21's, or are they pretty much the same?

I live near Sacramento and the roads are good where I live, but I drive to the bay area frequently. I know the 19's are the most practical option, but I really prefer the look of the 20's and 21's. Since Lucid is about to start with the Tourings I need to make up my mind. Are 20's or 21's a serious blowout risk on typical highways, or am I just overthinking it? I'm not interested in aftermarket options at this time. I welcome any and all opinions from those with experience. Thanks in advance!

I've read through most of the threads about wheels and tires on here, but still had a question. I've never owned a car with low profile tires. Are the 20's any better when it comes to potholes or road damage than the 21's, or are they pretty much the same?

I live near Sacramento and the roads are good where I live, but I drive to the bay area frequently. I know the 19's are the most practical option, but I really prefer the look of the 20's and 21's. Since Lucid is about to start with the Tourings I need to make up my mind. Are 20's or 21's a serious blowout risk on typical highways, or am I just overthinking it? I'm not interested in aftermarket options at this time. I welcome any and all opinions from those with experience. Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately no one knows anything about the 20s yet, as they've just started giving out VINs for them. They're on Michelin summer performance tires, so there's likely a bit more of a blowout risk then with the 19s, but blowouts are fairly uncommon as long as you try to avoid potholes.

I’ve had many cars with low profile tires. The 20’s will make a difference in ride quality and resistance to damage. I have a BMW 7 series with 20s. Difference is notable. If you like the look of the 20” rim, I would definitely go with the 20s.

Bigfoot, if i may
Unfortunately no one knows anything about the 20s yet, as they've just started giving out VINs for them. They're on Michelin summer performance tires, so there's likely a bit more of a blowout risk then with the 19s, but blowouts are fairly uncommon as long as you try to avoid potholes.
So it sounds like the 20s our not ideal for cold weather climates year round?

There isn’t really an issue between Sac and the Bay Area on the 21s. The roads are pretty decent, in my experience.

Back