BUG 2024 air pure refused to accelerate past 95mph

Tqlucid

Reaction score
Cars
M5, x5, 330 touring, air
So today I hit wide open highway. I decided to push the car. It was in swift mode. Everything worked great up until I hit 95mph then the car would keep shutting off power. I was at a charge of 60%. I tried accelerating many times, same response.

I then switched to sprint and the car acted normal and would go past 95 mph.

Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by a moderator:
So today I hit wide open highway. I decided to push the car. It was in swift mode. Everything worked great up until I hit 95mph then the car would keep shutting off power. I was at a charge of 60%. I tried accelerating many times, same response.

I then switched to sprint and the car acted normal and would go past 95 mph.

Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?
Did you buy it as a new car or as a “demo” car from Lucid?

Just out of curiosity, could you go faster than 95 mph in smooth mode? But yeah, sounds like there is a limiter deployed.

there is a demo setting that is used by the studios to limit speed for test drives, it is possible that it was not disengaged before delivery. you need to contact the service people

Just out of curiosity, could you go faster than 95 mph in
smooth mode? But yeah, sounds like there is a limiter deployed.
Yes - I did it to show the guy who cut infront of me. Went 100+ ( I know it’s not worth it but I don’t know what I was thinking )

I think the speed limit on the loaners is 85 to 87 mph. But that might be adjustable by the service team

No it was a new car, not a loaner. Had 5 miles on it when I picked it up in April this year. I checked today - Only happens in sprint! In the other 2 modes it doesn’t restrict speed at all. Hmm. Time to bring the car in for service to get checked I guess.

Also just to be clarify, this did not happen previously. I have gone past 95 in sprint previously. Now it seems to be restricting speed for some reason.

This happens to me every time I hit 95mph. The motor starts to “pulse” the power. Also not a loaner.

Back