2022 Grand Touring Performance and 19" tires

Reactor

Will the Lucid service center allow you to purchase the 19" all season tire set for this car? I was told that 19" were only an option for the grand touring and there was a logistical reason why 19" tires couldn't be retrofitted to a Grand Touring Performance just like with the Sapphire. Also wondering if it would void the warranty. I can't imagine this be disallowed though.

Yes the 19" all season tires can be used safely on this super high performance version of the Lucid.
However. You might be an idiot.

Therefore, (because you might be an idiot) we try to put the sticky tires on the sticky tire version of the car.

I have a pure with 19. Got a loaner twice. Loaner 1 was GT with 19 tires. Felt sluggish and actually seemed equal or even less fun to drive than my pure. Loaner 2 was GT with 21. That was awesome to drive and that's when I found out why there's a GT.

Thanks. What would be the issue you are concerned about with 19" on Grand Touring Performance? I thought the 20's were a summer tire also. Will it still get the 518 range on 19"?

Thanks. What would be the issue you are concerned about with 19" on Grand Touring Performance? I thought the 20's were a summer tire also. Will it still get the 518 range on 19"?
No, it would not get 518. In fact, the Gt-p in question only has 446 miles of range as it is more powerful, even with 19s. If you get a 1000 hp car, you will likely want summer rubber for better grip.

I'm sorry, that came out wrong.
Having a very nice sparking wine.
oops.

Will the Lucid service center allow you to purchase the 19" all season tire set for this car? I was told that 19" were only an option for the grand touring and there was a logistical reason why 19" tires couldn't be retrofitted to a Grand Touring Performance just like with the Sapphire. Also wondering if it would void the warranty. I can't imagine this be disallowed though.
Don't see a reason not to. I put the 19 AS set on my DE-P no questions asked.

What does your top range show with those tires on DE-P? Is it 440?
No such thing. Those numbers are pretend. Multiply your average efficiency by the battery size to find your range.

Has anyone with a GT peformance or DE ever changed to 19" tires and notice if the calculated range changed on the dashboard?

Has anyone with a GT peformance or DE ever changed to 19" tires and notice if the calculated range changed on the dashboard?
If a Lucid service center does the swap, they will reprogram the car of the 19" wheels and yes the calculated range will change. The TPMS minimums are also changed.

No idiot would drive with 21" wheels in Buffalo, NY. Thanks for the compliment and your kind words.
He was kidding, just fyi. Wasn’t well delivered, but was a joke :)

No issue. I use both 19s and 21s on my DE-P
I do regularly, about once a year. It does change the range calculation, as long as Lucid does the swap and reconfigures the software, but the range calculation is not accurate anyway.

Whoever told you you can’t put 19s on a GT-P is wrong. You can do that without issue. It’s just not as fun. :)

I do regularly, about once a year. It does change the range calculation, as long as Lucid does the swap and reconfigures the software, but the range calculation is not accurate anyway.
Random question - I see Lucid will install new rims/tires for free when you buy from them, but how much do they charge to swap afterwards? Also, can you fit all your 21s in the car nicely to take them home? I’m considering getting all season 19s for the winter (temps here are just a bit too low for those summer tires), just unsure of the logistics.

Random question - I see Lucid will install new rims/tires for free when you buy from them, but how much do they charge to swap afterwards? Also, can you fit all your 21s in the car nicely to take them home? I’m considering getting all season 19s for the winter (temps here are just a bit too low for those summer tires), just unsure of the logistics.
I can definitely fit all four 19s in my Touring with the back seats down. I imagine the 21s would also fit. Someone else would have to confirm though.

I don’t remember tbh, but it was just a charge for one hour of service. Maybe $195 or something?

The wheels fit, but barely. I keep them at home, and they have swapped them for me via mobile service. There was a time period when Millbrae wasn’t doing mobile service for a while due to being shortstaffed, so I brought them there, but in general I have asked them to do it via mobile.

Install isn't free (or at least it wasn't when I was looking to buy the 20s from them about 6 months ago). I ended up buying my 20s used from another owner and had Lucid install them. The service fee was $125ish, I believe.

Install isn't free (or at least it wasn't when I was looking to buy the 20s from them about 6 months ago). I ended up buying my 20s used from another owner and had Lucid install them. The service fee was $125ish, I believe.

Says it includes installation. I guess we'll see soon, I'm going to get on it.

Back