2022 Grand Touring Performance and 19" tires

I have a GT-P and the 21 inch pinwheels live in my basement.
As has been mentioned Lucid supports running the 19 inch wheels on the car.
They sold me 2 sets, one with winter tires (on the car now) and another set with all seasons that I use during the summer.
The roads in Chicagoland aren't great and I don't trust the amount of sidewall on the 20 inch wheels, so I skipped that option.
For my mist recent change over Lucid charged me $120 (mobile service) and that included reprogramming for the TPMS.

I have a GT-P and the 21 inch pinwheels live in my basement.
As has been mentioned Lucid supports running the 19 inch wheels on the car.
They sold me 2 sets, one with winter tires (on the car now) and another set with all seasons that I use during the summer.
The roads in Chicagoland aren't great and I don't trust the amount of sidewall on the 20 inch wheels, so I skipped that option.
For my mist recent change over Lucid charged me $120 (mobile service) and that included reprogramming for the TPMS.
What is your range calculated at 100% with the 19" all seasons installed after they are calibrated?

Sorry, I only charge to 80% and really don't pay attention to range.
I just use the car for errands around the city or an occasional 1-2 hour drive to and from a nature hike on a Sunday.

Just a cautionary note:
Have a "regular" GT, ordered with the 19" All Season Perillis. I am breaking them loose during regular (old lady) driving, like pulling out of the neighborhood onto a busy road... and I am in SMOOTH mode all the time . First time it happened I totally underestimated the available torque (in Smooth) and got completely sideways on the busy road. The car recovered predictably, but I was surprised and shaken. The wife was pissed. I told her it was because I had the wrong tires (lie) and needed to get a set of the 21" summer tires (lie). It worked. {full disclosure: She knows I'm a lier}.

Just saying, the 19" tires are fine, just drive the car like it's a Prius. Having the 21" summer set on transforms the car. It was particularly noticeable when I swapped back to the 19" A/S tires. Everything was better with the 21", including the ride and the noise (quieter).

Ha! Finally started snowing. Waiting for it to get slippery and heading out to a parking lot. I will review the A/S 19" Perillis if we ever get more than a few cm.

@Reactor you are directly under the totality. If the weather looks clear on 8 April I will come visit!
Path of Totality: 8 April 2024

Last edited:
Just a cautionary note:
Have a "regular" GT, ordered with the 19" All Season Perillis. I am breaking them loose during regular (old lady) driving, like pulling out of the neighborhood onto a busy road... and I am in SMOOTH mode all the time . First time it happened I totally underestimated the available torque (in Smooth) and got completely sideways on the busy road. The car recovered predictably, but I was surprised and shaken. The wife was pissed. I told her it was because I had the wrong tires (lie) and needed to get a set of the 21" summer tires (lie). It worked. {full disclosure: She knows I'm a lier}.

Just saying, the 19" tires are fine, just drive the car like it's a Prius. Having the 21" summer set on transforms the car. It was particularly noticeable when I swapped back to the 19" A/S tires. Everything was better with the 21", including the ride and the noise (quieter).

Ha! Finally started snowing. Waiting for it to get slippery and heading out to a parking lot. I will review the A/S 19" Perillis if we ever get more than a few cm.

@Reactor you are directly under the totality. If the weather looks clear on 8 April I will come visit!
With all due respect Mr. Cruz your post lacks credibility. The 19” tires are very safe and have very good grip and it would be nearly impossible to get sideways with the car in normal conditions unless you were just not paying attention. If the roadway is icy or slippery then you should drive accordingly but don’t blame the tires or Lucid. Honestly, in dry conditions, one can drive the 19’s aggressively, not like a “Prius.” For even better grip, go with the other options.

Just a cautionary note:

I have the standard GT with 19". I definitely do not drive it like a Prius. I'm not as fast as some people on here, but if I'm at the front of the row at a light, every other car is far in my rear view mirror within a second or two. I keep telling myself I shouldn't, but it's just too much fun to take off at speed. It's never been out out of control, in Smooth or Swift. I normally don't drive in Sprint.

Even in my pure I feel like the 19s are the limiting factor. No issues with HP, just that it has poor grip on turning. Can't wait to replace the OEMs.

Just a cautionary note:
It is winter and you are in the northeast. I would suggest it is not the size of the tires but the weather and the use of all season tires in that weather. All season tires are a compromise between summer tire performance and winter tire grip and ability to handle cold temperatures. You would probably have a similar experience with the same but wider tires (perhaps marginally better since there is a larger contact patch).

Just a cautionary note:

Speaking of Priuses. I was just driving home, cruising at 80ish in the left lane, when suddenly I'm being seriously tailgated by a Prius. I went to move over and let them pass, but they moved over into the carpool lane and took off. I've never seen one drive that aggressively and I didn't even know they went that fast!

Speaking of Priuses. I was just driving home, cruising at 80ish in the left lane, when suddenly I'm being seriously tailgated by a Prius. I went to move over and let them pass, but they moved over into the carpool lane and took off. I've never seen one drive that aggressively and I didn't even know they went that fast!
New Priuses have some pep, and actually look pretty good!

I totally agree with you on that. I really like the way they look.
I think the design features are good, but the fundamentals are completely wrong. The roofline is awkward. The door handle in the front and the contrast to the rear is terrible(its not a coupe like it wants you to think) and the rear is nice, but it looks too high. The Lucid has this same problem.
But this wasn't one of them, it was one of the older models.
0-60 in Undefined

New Priuses have some pep, and actually look pretty good!
I agree and do so as a former Prius owner. I met a guy the other day in one of the new ones and he was singing its praises. he described it as the Prius that Toyota should have been selling all along. It is also MotorTrend's Car of the Year (the problem with these awards is that the award sounds like it was found to be the best vehicle in the class when, in fact, the class is limited to vehicles that had new models that year).

I have 19s on my AGT and have driven loaner AGTs with 20s and 21s, both of which have better corning and perhaps surprisingly, softer rides. I am not a hotfoot so the 19s are fine. i would not drive summer compound tires of any size in freezing temperatures and have used winter tires for two seasons so far on the 19s. The AS tires are a compromise and a few feet of stopping difference matters. I will take the winter tires. When Michelin or Nokian makes winter tires for Lucid stock 20" wheels I will get the 20s.

Interesting. Most reviews seem to say the 19s offer the softer ride.
Not for me. I believe that the 49 psi difference results in a firmer ride/rebound.

I’m not sure how that actually translates when discussing different sizes and tire compositions. Maybe one of our tire/wheel gurus can chime in.

Interesting. Most reviews seem to say the 19s offer the softer ride.
I found the ride to be softer with the 19. I didn't pay attention to the tire pressure settings, but that's been my experience with my own GT vs a loaner GT for a week. As for the difference in handling, if my wife is in the car I wouldn't dare try to find out.

I’m not sure how that actually translates when discussing different sizes and tire compositions. Maybe one of our tire/wheel gurus can chime in.
I am not a tire guru, just someone who for over 20 years has run winter compound from Nov to April in New England. Tire sizes have ranged from 18" to 20" mostly with staggered front and rear sizes. Brands have included Michelin, Pirelli, Continental, and Bridgestone. Nokian makes perhaps the best winter compound tires, but their availability has been limited on my various cars. If driving through snow narrower tires are better than wide ones.

Also, can you fit all your 21s in the car nicely to take them home? I’m considering getting all season 19s for the winter (temps here are just a bit too low for those summer tires), just unsure of the logistics.
Answering my own question now that I've done the swap. We were not able to easily fit all 4 21s in the car. The SC also didn't have a great way of padding them to keep the dirt/scratches off the interior. We just collapsed some boxes and laid them down. I was going to bring some furniture padding blankets from moving, but they said over the phone not to worry about it. Not complaining, just pointing this out in case anyone else reads this before swapping wheels. Anyway, we got two in the back with the seats down. They won't fit in the frunk at all. They don't quite fit in the rear floor area, even with the passenger seat all the way forward, at least without squeezing - they weren't comfortable doing that without more padding for the leather and the center console, and I appreciate the concern. I think we could have stuck one more in there, but no sense in putting in all that work if I'm going back to pick up another one anyway.

Back