19 inch Tesla X and/or S wheels and TPMS sensors for winter tires

Pragmatic

After placing a deposit for a RWD Pure in February 2022 I just ordered from inventory a Pure AWD. Web site says it should be delivered in two weeks. I am looking at purchasing a used set of 19 inch wheels with snow tires from a Tesla Model S that are available locally at a good price. From what I've been able to figure out the Model S and Model X tires should fit. I'm looking to see if anyone can confirm this.

Also will I be able to program the Tesla TPMS sensors to work with the Lucid or do I have to change out the sensors?

Thanks.

Lucid would have to do it.

If the sensors are the same its pretty crappy that you need to get service every time you change wheels. Since 2007 GM has allowed reprograming of the TPMS sensors by the owner without a tool. This works with GM as long as you are using an OEM or OEM compatible sensor.

If the sensors are the same its pretty crappy that you need to get service every time you change wheels. Since 2007 GM has allowed reprograming of the TPMS sensors by the owner without a tool. This works with GM as long as you are using an OEM or OEM compatible sensor.
Since they are mainly software, it does take going to service. I hope they can make a toggle switch in the future.

New set of wheels requires the TPMS to be paired with the car. Yes we know other manufacturers allow people to do this themselves, Lucid does not.

It looks like the sensors are the same. They are both VDO SE52068 433Mhz sensors, so all I need is a way to reprogram them.
With GM you just press unlock and lock on the remote and go to each sensor (in order indicated by marker lights) and add or remove air until the horn honks and your done.
How to do GM is summarized here

The wheels I purchased, pre-2016 Model S double five spoke (ten spokes arranged in groups of two), do not fit. The spokes interfere with the brake caliper (the back of the spoke hits the outer edge of the caliper). I will see if spacing the wheels out slightly (3mm toi 5mm) will allow their use.

On the TPMS as far as I can tell the sensors are the same but Lucid requires a visit to the service center to reprogram. When even service centric BMW and Toyota allow customers to reprogram TPMS themselves this is disappointing.

On the TPMS as far as I can tell the sensors are the same but Lucid requires a visit to the service center to reprogram. When even service centric BMW and Toyota allow customers to reprogram TPMS themselves this is disappointing.
Add your votes to the Feature Wishlist if you haven't already. There's one for user TPMS reprogramming.

Back