2.4.x OTA

2023 Air Touring, I'm still on 2.3.10.

Has anyone in Canada gotten the update?
I don’t think anyone with a Touring or Pure has received the update this weekend.

I don’t think anyone with a Touring or Pure has received the update this weekend.
I called customer service, they said "my car was on the list". I would hope so, lol.

She wasn't able to give any insight as to how long it would take or how they determined the order it was sent out in.

I called customer service, and they said, "My car was on the list." I would hope so, lol.

She couldn't give any insight into how long it would take or how they determined the order in which it was sent out.

That is what they told me back when the rollout was paused. I think they are just sharing the script/talking points they have been provided. I am not sure how in the know a typical CS first line is. I was told that mobile techs are usually unaware of when something is rolling or the specific plans around OTAs. I love Lucid; any criticism I have comes from a positive place. I think there are opportunities to improve internal and external communication channels and to set the expectations right for the customers.

Why does this need improved communication? Nobody is going to or needs to micro-manage OTA software roll-outs to their entire line of vehicles. Lucid's might be smaller than most, but that's still a really unnecessary thing.

It's going to roll out to all the cars, they're dealing with some update issues, it'll get there. There's nobody looking at a list and going "Oh, it's THAT guy, let's put him at the bottom."

Very much a version of "a watched pot".

Why does this need improved communication? Nobody is going to or needs to micro-manage OTA software roll-outs to their entire line of vehicles. Lucid's might be smaller than most, but that's still a really unnecessary thing.

It's going to roll out to all the cars, they're dealing with some update issues, it'll get there. There's nobody looking at a list and going "Oh, it's THAT guy, let's put him at the bottom."

Very much a version of "a watched pot".
I am primarily referring to CS seems to be unaware of the pause, at least based on the response many members reported. I am also referring to service folks not knowing when a release is planned before it has been rolled out, and some started calling with issues - that comment was based on what I was told directly. I am not talking about whether an individual owner gets updates or not. In my opinion, purely based on external observation, there seem to be opportunities to improve communication. If you think there are no improvement opportunities, that's fine, but my opinion is different. Thanks for the extra dose of sarcasm as you made your point! It was fun to read. 😀

The lane change assist is the best I’ve ever used. It switches lanes the same way I would, and aborts when I would. I was really impressed.
This thread has moved away from what the update does to issues about when people will get the update and problems getting it, but I couldn't agree more with that statement. We really should focus on how well Lucid did this. It's so much better than other cars I've used to the point where I can't see it getting any smoother. There are still issues such as how big the gap should be before it lets you change lanes, but it was nice not having to say that this is just the first release and we should wait for it to get smoother.

This thread has moved away from what the update does to issues about when people will get the update and problems getting it, but I couldn't agree more with that statement. We really should focus on how well Lucid did this. It's so much better than other cars I've used to the point where I can't see it getting any smoother. There are still issues such as how big the gap should be before it lets you change lanes, but it was nice not having to say that this is just the first release and we should wait for it to get smoother.
Totally agree! Super excited for this all all the future cool things we saw in the Technology Day roadmap slides!

Try number 2. Got the notification that update now available (again). Update had failed at the 11% mark before. Currently at 15%, so fingers crossed. Interesting that I did not contact CS to push the update again, it just happened. Looking forward to new changes!

I agree 100% I love my Lucid and have the utmost respect for what the team has accomplished in just a few years.

Unfortunately, patience is a virtue I was not born with.

I'm excited to get the update.snd try it out. I've got DD Pro so I'm dying to take a road test and try it all out!!

For me, I went through the preparing for update stage countless times (I can't count very high...or perhaps I didn't try to count since I didn't think I'd need to restart over and over again) and it eventually started. It finished in about the expected amount of time, but the percentage completed numbers could lead you to believe that it wasn't working as well as it should. So here's my mostly irrelevant and possibly off topic rant on that, knowing that in the scope of things, this isn't really a big problem. So stop reading this.

For those who have never tried to write a computer program using progress bars, the secret is that aside from things like downloads and copying files, where there's a finite amount of data and the computer knows what percentage is processed, applying them to just about anything else means deciding arbitrarily that certain tasks make up a certain percentage of the process. Then, lots of programmers bump up the numbers by a certain percentage after each task, leading to things like sudden jumps from 50% to 99% (if it was 50% a second ago, did it do 49% of the task in a split second?), which do nothing to help a user know how much of anything was done, or how much time is left. What users really care about is what percentage of the time waiting has elapsed.

In situations where everybody is running on the same hardware, using the same processor and the same storage media, it's a lot easier to predict. But Lucid did a particularly bad job of showing percentages that help the user. Merely having a count up timer expressed as a percentage would work, or giving each task a percentage based on how much time it takes proportionally, bumping up the percentage as the task happens, and adjusting at the end of the task if the numbers disagree could be more meaningful. Or it could simply have a list of tasks, put an indicator in front of each one as it finishes, and leave it at that. But the types of task names would be meaningless to most users. So programmers should just tell users how long it will take for something this predictable and come up with a way for numbers to increase regularly and proportionally to the expected time. It's more of a mess when users could have any random combination of hardware but it's not the case here.

So, note the time started, figure out what time it should end based on how long they tell you it should take, and check back then. Or check periodically to see if something blew up, and if it shows a percentage done, take it as a sign that things are working, not that the percentage shown is in any way meaningful to you.
So wouldn’t it be helpful to have a list of tasks, so if installation fails, you know where on the task list? Or is that in some log somewhere hidden from the user?

My update successfully completed. Went from 15% to complete in 18 minutes. Looking forward to next road trip!!

Looking forward to getting the update. Unfortunately, I’ll probably have to take a road trip to Boulder CO area in November/December timeframe and won’t be able to take the Lucid as I have 21’s. It will be too cold for the summer tires. I’ll have to take the Rivian instead to trek over the Rockies from So Cal. I think DDP would have made the drive more comfortable plus the nearly 2x efficiency of the Air would be beneficial as well.

Back