2.4.x OTA

GT-P here. Received the update last night and successfully installed. We will be testing it in the next hour or two.

The preparing for update took 15 minutes for me. Maybe that was it.

For me, I went through the preparing for update stage countless times (I can't count very high...or perhaps I didn't try to count since I didn't think I'd need to restart over and over again) and it eventually started. It finished in about the expected amount of time, but the percentage completed numbers could lead you to believe that it wasn't working as well as it should. So here's my mostly irrelevant and possibly off topic rant on that, knowing that in the scope of things, this isn't really a big problem. So stop reading this.

For those who have never tried to write a computer program using progress bars, the secret is that aside from things like downloads and copying files, where there's a finite amount of data and the computer knows what percentage is processed, applying them to just about anything else means deciding arbitrarily that certain tasks make up a certain percentage of the process. Then, lots of programmers bump up the numbers by a certain percentage after each task, leading to things like sudden jumps from 50% to 99% (if it was 50% a second ago, did it do 49% of the task in a split second?), which do nothing to help a user know how much of anything was done, or how much time is left. What users really care about is what percentage of the time waiting has elapsed.

In situations where everybody is running on the same hardware, using the same processor and the same storage media, it's a lot easier to predict. But Lucid did a particularly bad job of showing percentages that help the user. Merely having a count up timer expressed as a percentage would work, or giving each task a percentage based on how much time it takes proportionally, bumping up the percentage as the task happens, and adjusting at the end of the task if the numbers disagree could be more meaningful. Or it could simply have a list of tasks, put an indicator in front of each one as it finishes, and leave it at that. But the types of task names would be meaningless to most users. So programmers should just tell users how long it will take for something this predictable and come up with a way for numbers to increase regularly and proportionally to the expected time. It's more of a mess when users could have any random combination of hardware but it's not the case here.

So, note the time started, figure out what time it should end based on how long they tell you it should take, and check back then. Or check periodically to see if something blew up, and if it shows a percentage done, take it as a sign that things are working, not that the percentage shown is in any way meaningful to you.

Installed the 2.4.4 update last night. How do you update the app for these features? (I tried logging out of the app and even hard resetting my phone, but I don’t see any changes to the app interface):

• The Lucid Mobile App now connects to the car much faster, is more responsive to command inputs, and now enables User Profile attributes to be updated from within the app.

Updating again:
After successfully updating to the latest version, and reading the SUCKCESS stories regarding ABS (read previous post for the details), I headed out to garage with determination to test drive my AGT.

After test ride I can report that a few features that I tested were delivered successfully - Garage operner HomeLink, Highway Assist improvements, Lane position information in both highway assist as well as Adaptive Cruise, Lane Change Assist. No camera issues at all.

It was good to see another new feature Surrounding Vehicle view. It works but here is my observation - the definition of surrounding needs to be expanded. At this time it can provide information about vehicles that are left or right side or in front of the car in adjacent lanes. It does cover blind spots. At this time this could be as designed and delivered successfully. My recommendation is that using rear side cameras or sensors the vehicles on blind spots should be populated as well. The front side view on the display panel has relatively less value than blind spots vehicle information.

At this time this release is great if it is working. For my car this was a SUCCESS.

BUT the SUCKCESS rate is too high even after the pause and new release d version. The development team and testing team need to rethink about releases. The fingerprints left by them on SUCKCESS are not great. Testing team should take some blame. They need to be more authoritative and start saying NO for releases if they don't meet all test requirements.

Has anyone with a Touring or Pure received the update yet?
2024 Pure is still waiting. I did a mini poll on a Facebook group, and it seems AT and Pure are still waiting. I'm not sure if the end-of-the-day Monday deadline holds true for these trims.

I updated yesterday without a hitch. Like others have said, it took about 2 hours, but I wasn’t planning on driving anyway.

So far waking the car on approach with my iPhone has been nearly instant. It was never that bad before, but sometimes it took longer than I would like.

Took Luci for a charge this morning, then onto the highway. DD Pro is much improved over the previous version (which I disliked and rarely used).

Initialization of the auto lane change functionality seems finicky, but admittedly I didn’t drive very far. Once it initialized, it worked well.

Overall this has been a very positive update, with no downsides.

Updated last night to 2.4.4. Now have these error message. Tried air logo reset. No luck.

Attachments

• IMG_7377.webp
    IMG_7377.webp
    373.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_7376.webp
    IMG_7376.webp
    660 KB · Views: 187
Successfully upgraded to 2.4.4 from 2.3.10 on my GT. Everything works beautifully and the traffic jam drive away assist in is particularly wonderful here in Atlanta.

I drove it for about 50 testing miles in total and in the middle lane of the highway for a long time but I don’t think my lane change feature has yet enough calibration yet, so I haven’t tried that, but so far the visualizations across three lanes are very nice indeed.

Backup homelink is perfect!

So far so good. The only I haven’t tested yet is the LCA but I’m sure it’ll have enough calibration this week.

My 22 AGT updated successfully to 2.4.4 yesterday. Did an Air logo reset after installation just for kicks. Works as promised so far.

Finally had an error where I could not change the screen no matter which button I pressed. It stayed on the navigation screen

Attachments

• IMG_1373.webp
    IMG_1373.webp
    812.8 KB · Views: 147
Back