2.4.x OTA

I actually think that it’ll go to those who don’t have a 2.4.x build already. That’s what happened the last time around. I have 2.4.2 and am willing to bet that I won’t get 2.4.4.
That's the ultimate question. Will it go out to everyone, it just those that didn't get 2.4.0 or 2.4.2? If they fixed the camera issues, I certainly hope it's the former and that I get it today or tomorrow. I really don't want to have to go to the Beverly Hills service center Monday...

Wow! I'm surprised that you both think that. To the extent that Lucid can determine those people who already received 2.4.0 and/or 2.4.2, I would be willing to bet that they will be 'first up' for 2.4.4.

After the 2.4.2 update, thankfully both Cameras are still working on my 2022 GT.

Do the Camera errors begin after trying to train the car the new lane assist/change features or do they happen independent of any other feature usage?

The best feature for me is the Garage Door Opener Icon always being there now.

That would be the logical course of action, as they are the folks who are dealing with whatever problems there were in the initial releases. I can wait a little longer.
I think a wait is a smart choice in light of all the 2.4.# issues. This was the dirtiest, poorly tested, most failed release I have seen in my 2+ years as a Lucid owner. My car has several features disabled due to a software glitch related to the cameras, but I think I am in the minority on that. Others have had camera issues as well, but it does not seem widespread. It was common enough for them to stop the rollout though. Field support was totally confused and perplexed on this and are coming out a second visit to gather more data, but not to fix it because there is no current fix. Above and beyond that Voice dialing (I use android) is completely broken. Again Lucid has no fix. Nav is getting better, but as an example. "hey Lucid, navigate to 4110 west 15th street in Plano Texas" Gave me a map to 4110 .. in illinois. A second try gave me a map to 4100 EAST some miles away. I ended up using my phone for navigation. I had had a similar issue Wednesday where it echoed my address properly but took me 2.5 miles east of my destination. Today, it mapped to the correct destination, but it took the oddest path, avoiding highway and fast routes and through traffic and traffic lights on maybe the worst route. I think the worst route was may .2 miles shorter and 20 minutes longer. I consider 2.4.2 a complete fail and have lost all faith and respect for Lucid's software development. As a retired CTO and Enterprise Architect, I have great difficulty understanding how the release got out the door.

Do the Camera errors begin after trying to train the car the new lane assist/change features or do they happen independent of any other feature usage?
The camera errors are for the Left and Right Side and Pillar cameras. The alert comes up after driving some distance (which seems to be variable and random). The errors prevent Highway Assist from engaging and this we cannot use Lane Change Assist either. All the safety cameras (front/rear and 3D surround) all work just fine thankfully.

The camera errors are for the Left and Right Side and Pillar cameras. The alert comes up after driving some distance (which seems to be variable and random). The errors prevent Highway Assist from engaging and this we cannot use Lane Change Assist either. All the safety cameras (front/rear and 3D surround) all work just fine thankfully.
I get 4 camera out, including the pillar cameras. It occurs always and may occur on startup or may take 90 to 360 seconds. As Neurio said, it disables Highway assist, but that is a good thing, since mine can't see cars right beside me or behind me at all. If Highway assist was active, I would likely have already been in an accident, as it would change lanes right into a tractor trailer.

I get 4 camera out, including the pillar cameras.
20240908_214058.webp
20240908_214046.webp
20240908_214036.webp
20240908_214028.webp

That's the ultimate question. Will it go out to everyone, it just those that didn't get 2.4.0 or 2.4.2? If they fixed the camera issues, I certainly hope it's the former and that I get it today or tomorrow. I really don't want to have to go to the Beverly Hills service center Monday...
I was at a Lucid owner's rally earlier today and spoke to Nick. He said that 2.4.4 is rolling out starting Monday. I wonder if he meant a full rollout for everyone?

I think a wait is a smart choice in light of all the 2.4.# issues. This was the dirtiest, poorly tested, most failed release I have seen in my 2+ years as a Lucid owner. My car has several features disabled due to a software glitch related to the cameras, but I think I am in the minority on that. Others have had camera issues as well, but it does not seem widespread. It was common enough for them to stop the rollout though. Field support was totally confused and perplexed on this and are coming out a second visit to gather more data, but not to fix it because there is no current fix. Above and beyond that Voice dialing (I use android) is completely broken. Again Lucid has no fix. Nav is getting better, but as an example. "hey Lucid, navigate to 4110 west 15th street in Plano Texas" Gave me a map to 4110 .. in illinois. A second try gave me a map to 4100 EAST some miles away. I ended up using my phone for navigation. I had had a similar issue Wednesday where it echoed my address properly but took me 2.5 miles east of my destination. Today, it mapped to the correct destination, but it took the oddest path, avoiding highway and fast routes and through traffic and traffic lights on maybe the worst route. I think the worst route was may .2 miles shorter and 20 minutes longer. I consider 2.4.2 a complete fail and have lost all faith and respect for Lucid's software development. As a retired CTO and Enterprise Architect, I have great difficulty understanding how the release got out the door.
I don’t get it either. As if no one is managing the team or the company. I think they rushed this update out so it could be put on their most recent presentation. But this is just speculation.

I always postpone the updates on everything: phone, TV, car, tablet, Mac, Windows, various software, etc. I do it because there is a always a chance the update is messed up and I don't want to "fix it if it ain't broken". Stuff happens, updates can go wrong, why be the Guinea pig? Let others deal with it first, and I'll update when it's stable and ironed out.

I always postpone the updates on everything: phone, TV, car, tablet, Mac, Windows, various software, etc. I do it because there is an always a chance the update is messed up and I don't want to "fix it if it ain't broken". Stuff happens, updates can go wrong, why be the Guinea pig? Let others deal with it first, and I'll update when it's stable and ironed out.
Well,
If you purchased the Lucid Air aren’t you already a “guinea pig”? The Air is Lucid’s first production car from a new company no?

Interesting. The mobile app says update available. I initiated the process. After about 3 minutes, the app says update available. No percentage of installation. I initiated the process again. Same thing. App says update available. Went to the car, screen says update in progress. I guess it isn’t updating the progress in the app? App still says update available. ??

The app is finally aware that the car is updating. Both read 1% done.

Back