Yes. Charging speed is surely an EA problem. I am glad that PnC worked for you for the 1st time. It never worked on my Pure. Hope it too works.
PnC has never worked on your Pure. Mmm… Does your Pure have charging issue too when charging concurrently with other EV same time? Or always blazing speed?

PnC has never worked on your Pure. Mmm… Does your Pure have charging issue too when charging concurrently with other EV same time? Or always blazing speed?
No charging issues different from other Lucids. The same ping pong. Low kW at 350kw than 150kw stations very often.

Did you see my posts on all the ea charging I did? All over the map.

Did you see my posts on all the ea charging I did? All over the map.
Yes I did, I thought you had good charging speed on most of your visits. I cannot find that post now as reference.

So I guess its possible the GT and Dreams won't even see this update since we don't have the problem with PNC and apparently it doesn't do anything to help with the throttling or the low Kw delivered.

So I guess its possible the GT and Dreams won't even see this update since we don't have the problem with PNC and apparently it doesn't do anything to help with the throttling or the low Kw delivered.
I hope not because I can’t charge without calling EA with my GT.

I hope not because I can’t charge without calling EA with my GT.
Perhaps message customer service and ask them to push you the update, in that case.

Yes I did, I thought you had good charging speed on most of your visits. I cannot find that post now as reference.
Here it is again. DC Fast charging summary. You can see how the luck can vary.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 7.57.07 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 7.57.07 AM.png
    409 KB · Views: 100
Perhaps related to the second revision of wunderbox, which all tourings and pures have. Anybody with a GT that got a charging system swap for the newer one with issues?

Perhaps related to the second revision of wunderbox, which all tourings and pures have. Anybody with a GT that got a charging system swap for the newer one with issues?
I am still at 2.0.55, usually get updates as soon as everyone else. Just checked and it says I am up to date. (2022 GT)

Sounds like earlier days of 2022 fob proximity type of logical gate programming bug.

It seems you two and many others reported 50 kW speed when stall is being balance loaded. It could be that EA decided to drop voltage from 1000v to 400v to share load balance charging for all EVs. At 400v, Lucid onboard DC to DC convertor in Wunderbox can only manage to translate to 50 kW max. EA may be doing that to keep load consistent of same voltage. It seems best bet is to charge by at a station by yourself without sharing. Anyway, it’s just my speculation what might happened causing these issues.
It was not load balancing when I started the charge. I was the only one charging. It started charging at 22 kW and went up to 45 kW. No one else charging. I considered moving to the other working charger as an IONIQ5 pulled in. She charged at 90 kW. My Lucid displayed that charge power was limited by the charger.

I am still at 2.0.55, usually get updates as soon as everyone else. Just checked and it says I am up to date. (2022 GT)
Customer care told me that this update was being pushed initially to Lucids with known EA charging issues. I had reported my EA charging problems to CC.

Why does Lucid make us guess on what issue has been fixed? It's infuriating that they make owners play a guessing game like this.

Lucid, please, please be more explicit in your release notes. Tell us what issue you fixed please.

Why does Lucid make us guess on what issue has been fixed? It's infuriating that they make owners play a guessing game like this.

Lucid, please, please be more explicit in your release notes. Tell us what issue you fixed please.
Um, they said pretty clearly this fixes Plug & Charge. Didn't say anything about charging speed. So I'm guessing it addresses Plug & Charge, and nothing else?

Received a phone call yesterday from Lucid Customer Service. They noted I had downloaded the latest update and wanted to check to see if I had had an opportunity to charge at a EA station and confirm that the PnC issue had been resolved. I was surprised by the call, but also felt if was very thoughtful for them to be reaching out directly, unsolicited.

It was not load balancing when I started the charge. I was the only one charging. It started charging at 22 kW and went up to 45 kW. No one else charging. I considered moving to the other working charger as an IONIQ5 pulled in. She charged at 90 kW. My Lucid displayed that charge power was limited by the charger.
There has to be some voltage or configuration issue for EA limiting. My experience with EA was always good, but last time I took Lucid to road trip using EA was 7 weeks ago. Who knows anything has drastically changed since.

Here it is again. DC Fast charging summary. You can see how the luck can vary.
Strangely your charging speed improved drastically recently. Now I understand why dispite California has so many EA charging stalls, it still frustrate its users.

Back