For me, for the first time ever, I just plugged in and it worked. I always had to plug twice and use the app on second plug. I am so happy that PnP just works now. I did not have to hit the continue button on the charging station.

I have a Touring class and I think the PnP issues only affected us and possibly Pure. I don't think the GT team has experienced this PnP issue.
Join the club of touring and pure owners who can finally charge at EA without PUPA Plug Unplug Plug App

I am ecstatic to report that the 2.0.56 update has resolved this issue (plug, authentication failure, unplug, reopen charging port, replug, EA hit white button on Lucid app) https://lucidowners.com/threads/ea-...-2nd-plugin-attempt-consistent-behavior.4589/.

I was finally able to "just plug in" and have it work. This has been the single biggest issue for me with the vehicle as I await installation of a home charger, having to rely on EA.

For those following the other thread here, https://lucidowners.com/threads/ea-...ose-who-have-charging-issues.4804/post-119257, I charged at a Signet 350kW station. The update has no effect on charge throughput, which was 110 kW at plug in time with 10 minutes of preconditioning.

Thank you Lucid for listening to your customers!

@Golfhack , you'll be interested in this one.
My experience mirrors yours after installing .56. Pulled into a 150kW EA station, plugged in, and hit the "Continue" button on the kiosk. Didn't even need to use the Lucid app on my phone. Handshake took less than 20 seconds. The charge rate "screamed" from zero to 120kW. I've never noticed the rolling numbers before. That was with 2 other cars plugged into the 4-charger station (BMW and Chevy). Even when it finished at 80%, the charge rate only dipped to around 70kW towards the end. A one-off sample, but clearly MUCH better than all my previous experiences. First time ever that I didn't have to unplug and replug, Thank you, Lucid.

My experience mirrors yours after installing .56. Pulled into a 150kW EA station, plugged in, and hit the "Continue" button on the kiosk. Didn't even need to use the Lucid app on my phone. Handshake took less than 20 seconds. The charge rate "screamed" from zero to 120kW. I've never noticed the rolling numbers before. That was with 2 other cars plugged into the 4-charger station (BMW and Chevy). Even when it finished at 80%, the charge rate only dipped to around 70kW towards the end. A one-off sample, but clearly MUCH better than all my previous experiences. First time ever that I didn't have to unplug and replug, Thank you, Lucid.
Count your blessings. My car connects now with minimal hassle too, but still hoping to exceed 80kw on a 150 charger.

I still haven't received this update. Is it being sent to all cars or only those that were having problems with the EA handshake? (For all the problems we've had with EA chargers, the handshake has never been one of them.)

I still haven't received this update. Is it being sent to all cars or only those that were having problems with the EA handshake? (For all the problems we've had with EA chargers, the handshake has never been one of them.)
It is not being sent to all cars. I messaged customer service and they said my VIN was not included and I have a Touring.

Only ones with the problem.

It seems to only be going out to Touring and Pure. I wonder if it is literally those trims, or if it is any car with a rev 2 Wunderbox, and not many GTs have that.

I can confirm that I had never had a hiccup-free experience prior to .56. At a minimum, I had to unplug and replug at least once. Worst case was multiple unplugs/replugs before calling the toll-free number and having EA take over. First couple of times, EA actually asked me for my first/last names and last 8 digits of my VIN. During the call, EA would ask me to press certain buttons on either my app or the kiosk. Charge rate on 150kW chargers never exceeded 50kW; most times around 30kW or less. Only exception was 230kW on a 350kW HyperFast charger in Cabazon, CA (only data point with 350kW) but that dropped quickly to around 125kW. Only 1 charging experience so far after .56 install. Not a trend (yet) but certainly looks positive and promising, especially with the comments others have made here.

It seems to only be going out to Touring and Pure. I wonder if it is literally those trims, or if it is any car with a rev 2 Wunderbox, and not many GTs have that.
Not going to specific trims. I have a Touring, and I will not be getting this update.

Seems to be only folks who specifically contacted customer care about PnC issues.

Not going to specific trims. I have a Touring, and I will not be getting this update.

Seems to be only folks who specifically contacted customer care about PnC issues.
I never contacted CC so there must be another source or metric. EA forwarding my info to Lucid would be a stretch. Could it be when EA was trying to reconcile who paid for my charging experience?

It’s probably specific to a communication module version.

I never contacted CC so there must be another source or metric. EA forwarding my info to Lucid would be a stretch. Could it be when EA was trying to reconcile who paid for my charging experience?
I have a Touring and received the update. Never contacted Customer Service and only tried a local EA station once (without any issue).

Pete

So the PnC problem was specific to touring and pure it seems.
Hardly. My AGT didn’t have a successful PNC session until like two months ago. Public charging has been hell for me for the large part of my ownership since September 2022.

Hardly. My AGT didn’t have a successful PNC session until like two months ago. Public charging has been hell for me for the large part of my ownership since September 2022.
Did you get the 2.0.56 update?

Has anyone received UX 2.0.56 download?

Did you get the 2.0.56 update?
It was only meant for pure and touring for the PnC problem. I got it and it worked on 2 stations where it never worked

Back