FYI: the "Continue" button is automatically pressed after a few seconds. You can literally plug-in and then go sit in your car and relax!
I can't relax until charging actually starts and I'm getting more than 50kW. So I'm the guy hammering that Continue button.

What was your charger power level?
My AT battery was set at 80% SOC for daily use. My battery was 66% SOC when I drove it to test PNC. I plugged into a 350KW stall and was receiving something like 56Kw. Took about 17 minutes to go from 66% to 80%.

Does anyone else with a Dream or GT have a problem with PNC? I’m really confused why only certain VINs are identified as having this issue.

Does anyone else with a Dream or GT have a problem with PNC? I’m really confused why only certain VINs are identified as having this issue.
No issue with PnC here. I'm surprised when you called and identified the issue that they didn't just push the update to you. Maybe it will only work on certain VINs ?

I only have one EA charger anywhere near me and the one time I used it I plugged into a 350w charger and it ramped right up to full speed! Worked great, but if I use that charger 3 times this year I’ll be shocked! It’s so far and out of the way for me, which just is what it is, never had any charging issues at home either.

My AT battery was set at 80% SOC for daily use. My battery was 66% SOC when I drove it to test PNC. I plugged into a 350KW stall and was receiving something like 56Kw. Took about 17 minutes to go from 66% to 80%.
At any state of charge above 47% the 350kW is of no value. Car will not pull more than the EA 150kW (really 175kW) can deliver. Unless your below ~30% state of charge no significant benefit to the 350kW.

After downloading 2.0.56 yesterday, I easily charged my Touring at the EA charging station in Palm Springs. The PNC worked seamlessly and for the first time ever I did not have to call EA for help or activate the charging on the Lucid app. A welcome improvement.

After downloading 2.0.56 yesterday, I easily charged my Touring at the EA charging station in Palm Springs. The PNC worked seamlessly and for the first time ever I did not have to call EA for help or activate the charging on the Lucid app. A welcome improvement.
Did you need to use the app or did it just start?

At any state of charge above 47% the 350kW is of no value. Car will not pull more than the EA 150kW (really 175kW) can deliver. Unless your below ~30% state of charge no significant benefit to the 350kW.
I am aware of that. EA also recently upgraded 9 of 10 stalls with 350KW at that location. I wasn't testing how much energy my car was pulling in. I was testing PNC with the 2.0.56 update.

It just started after I pushed the continue button on the charging station.
Yeah that's the way its always worked for me. Supposedly if you don't want to push the "Continue" button you can just wait about 30 seconds and it will advance and start charging on its own. But I have always just pushed the button as soon as it shows up so I don't know if that actually works.

I went to EA for the first time since the update. I only had to plug in once!! That’s a first for me so a definite improvement. I still had to use the Lucid app, choose Electrify America and select the charger I was using. I never looked at the charger screen to see if there was a continue button. I’ll try that next time.
Thanks for the improvement Lucid!

Decided to give the 2.0.56 fix a try today. Worked like a charm. First time ever having a flawless charging experience. Ran into a fellow Lucid owner, vehicle on the left. He had not yet received the update and was amazed when I pulled up, plug in and was done. Let him know to ask for the update to be pushed and to join the lucidowners group to stay in the know!

Attachments

• DD38B097-6CB2-432B-90C3-2BA205B3DC29.jpeg
    DD38B097-6CB2-432B-90C3-2BA205B3DC29.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • B4D0B553-619F-4570-B9AA-96994AA40294.jpeg
    B4D0B553-619F-4570-B9AA-96994AA40294.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Decided to give the 2.0.56 fix a try today. Worked like a charm. First time ever having a flawless charging experience. Ran into a fellow Lucid owner, vehicle on the left. He had not yet received the update and was amazed when I pulled up, plug in and was done. Let him know to ask for the update to be pushed and to join the lucidowners group to stay in the know!
Great to hear about so many enjoying the benefits of 2.0.56.
I have a home charger but will be taking a long trip soon & plan on using EA.
Hopefully I too will be able to report a wonderful charge experience.

Do you know what model the other Lucid owner had? I assume that he had to call to initiate a charge?

Do you know what model the other Lucid owner had? I assume that he had to call to initiate a charge?
Other model was a another Touring. We actually took deliveries a few days apart. He had to go through the "not authenticating on the first try", having to re-plug in, and having to complete initiation via the App.

Back