It seems that this is more for plug-and-charge. What kind of issues are you having with scheduling?
I turned off scheduled charging on the Juicebox. Left it plugged in to the Lucid to charge at 12am which I set on the Lucid but nothing happened. Worked fine now though after the update but could just be coincidence or Juicebox problem

I turned off scheduled charging on the Juicebox. Left it plugged in to the Lucid to charge at 12am which I set on the Lucid but nothing happened. Worked fine now though after the update but could just be coincidence or Juicebox problem
It's confusing that "scheduled charging period" actually means "non-charging period", not "you've scheduled this period for charging".

I just installed this update. Very interested to see what it does if anything. I have a Touring. I have never been successful with just plugging in at EA. I always have to unplug then replug in, then open the Lucid app, choose EA and select my charger. I've also averaged about 75kW charging speed with a max of 140kW. LUCID did reach out to me via private message on this forum to ask for details about a terrible charging experience I had at EA which finally got fixed by resetting my car. I provided them with extensive details about that experience and I'm hoping feedback like this from me and others allows them to diagnose and cure these issues. Fingers crossed.
I usually charge at home, but have been to the EA at Target in Reisterstown 5 times or so. PNC worked every time but the charge rates varies from 30 to 150 even when I was the only vehicle there. Once there was a BMW next to me, we were the only 2 charging, I was getting 30-50 and he was in the 130's.

I usually charge at home, but have been to the EA at Target in Reisterstown 5 times or so. PNC worked every time but the charge rates varies from 30 to 150 even when I was the only vehicle there. Once there was a BMW next to me, we were the only 2 charging, I was getting 30-50 and he was in the 130's.
Yes, there is something gong on with EA, or the car, or the combination of the two which often results in a lower charge rate than you'd expect. Also wildly varying charge rate.

It's confusing that "scheduled charging period" actually means "non-charging period", not "you've scheduled this period for charging".
Yes it was confusing. Iirc I set the time to 12pm so it charges at 12am? Something like that. I did set it correctly. Worked fine first try but not on my other attempts. Worked ok again last night

Does anyone know specifically what the Plug and Charge issue was? I did try to use it once so far and it didn't work. I had to call Lucid and they called EA to reset the charger and initiate the charge manually for me. I wonder if this is for the Touring folks having trouble?

With all the woes I've had at EA stations, Plug & Charge has never been an issue. I've had to try multiple cables to get a charging stall that wasn't completely dead. I've had charging start and then terminate after a few seconds or minutes. I've seen whole locations shut down with no notice on the apps. I've seen other cars not be able to initiate charge. But the Plug & Charge feature itself has never been a problem with our car.

PnC worked for the first time for me on my touring after the upgrade. Awesome job software team

I have always had to do the song and dance plug, unplug, plug , open app authorize to get it working so far … this morning installed the update and drove over to my local EA to test and it worked 👏🏻

The charging speed continues to be the same (mid 80’s) but that is an EA issue and not a lucid problem

Interestingly the charging stopped automatically at around 63% SOC and I had to unplug and replied it again to continue to get it to 80%

PnC worked for the first time for me on my touring after the upgrade. Awesome job software team

I have always had to do the song and dance plug, unplug, plug , open app authorize to get it working so far … this morning installed the update and drove over to my local EA to test and it worked 👏🏻

The charging speed continues to be the same (mid 80’s) but that is an EA issue and not a lucid problem
Yes. Charging speed is surely an EA problem. I am glad that PnC worked for you for the 1st time. It never worked on my Pure. Hope it too works.

Yes. Charging speed is surely an EA problem. I am glad that PnC worked for you for the 1st time. It never worked on my Pure. Hope it too works.
I never had a scenario where it took me just one plug from EA.

I am hoping this very much addresses this issue: https://lucidowners.com/threads/ea-...-2nd-plugin-attempt-consistent-behavior.4589/

Fingers crossed and I will report back after my next EA attempt.
I am ecstatic to report that the 2.0.56 update has resolved this issue (plug, authentication failure, unplug, reopen charging port, replug, EA hit white button on Lucid app) https://lucidowners.com/threads/ea-...-2nd-plugin-attempt-consistent-behavior.4589/.

I was finally able to "just plug in" and have it work. This has been the single biggest issue for me with the vehicle as I await installation of a home charger, having to rely on EA.

For those following the other thread here, https://lucidowners.com/threads/ea-...ose-who-have-charging-issues.4804/post-119257, I charged at a Signet 350kW station. The update has no effect on charge throughput, which was 110 kW at plug in time with 10 minutes of preconditioning.

Thank you Lucid for listening to your customers!

@Golfhack , you'll be interested in this one.

I am ecstatic to report that the 2.0.56 update has resolved this issue (plug, authentication failure, unplug, reopen charging port, replug, EA hit white button on Lucid app) https://lucidowners.com/threads/ea-...-2nd-plugin-attempt-consistent-behavior.4589/.

I was finally able to "just plug in" and have it work. This has been the single biggest issue for me with the vehicle as I await installation of a home charger, having to rely on EA.

For those following the other thread here, https://lucidowners.com/threads/ea-...ose-who-have-charging-issues.4804/post-119257, I charged at a Signet 350kW station. The update has no effect on charge throughput, which was 110 kW at plug in time with 10 minutes of preconditioning.

Thank you Lucid for listening to your customers!

@Golfhack , you'll be interested in this one.
Plug and Charge worked for the first time ever for me with 2.0.56. My State of Charge was 43% when I plugged in and I did pre-condition. The problem I had was the charger only provided 22 kW initially and up to 45 kW after 5 minutes. This was a 150 kW charger. I have seen this charger provide 100 kW to IONIQ5 at other times. While I was charging, there was an IONIQ5 getting 80 kW on charger #3. The IONIQ5 owner told me that she regularly get 80 kW at this station. After she completed charging, a BMW i4 plugged in and got 70 kW. The chargers at this station are made by BTCPower Model EVDSP-350-4-120-0-2-C-4-0. I did report this to EA since I had plenty of time to call them.

I never had a scenario where it took me just one plug from EA.
I will test it and report back. I have enough range left after my trip from LA on Sunday to last till Friday. I don't feel like driving just to test PnC:D

I will test it and report back. I have enough range left after my trip from LA on Sunday to last till Friday. I don't feel like driving just to test PnC:D
This has been such an issue for me, I considered going immediately after taking the update but it was a bit late at night. It is such a relief to simply be able to "plug in" and have it work. This is the first time ever that I could do this. So happy with 2.0.56 !

This has been such an issue for me, I considered going immediately after taking the update but it was a bit late at night. It is such a relief to simply be able to "plug in" and have it work. This is the first time ever that I could do this. So happy with 2.0.56 !
Touring or pure?

I did this update yesterday before charging and it was the first time I had very little problems getting the Lucid to charge on first plug. Still had to authenticate it in the app but it started right up. This was at EA Station 200070-01. Also tried 100040 (don't remember which speciifc charger at the station) but it started up fairly quickly without having to unplug a billion times or try numerous chargers.

Today at 200070-02 it started right up without having to authenticate in the app. First time ever. Looks like the update fixed up my charging issues so far! 🙌🏾

I've had no luck in the past at station 210016 so I'm excited to actually try that one again.

Sounds like earlier days of 2022 fob proximity type of logical gate programming bug.
Plug and Charge worked for the first time ever for me with 2.0.56. My State of Charge was 43% when I plugged in and I did pre-condition. The problem I had was the charger only provided 22 kW initially and up to 45 kW after 5 minutes. This was a 150 kW charger. I have seen this charger provide 100 kW to IONIQ5 at other times. While I was charging, there was an IONIQ5 getting 80 kW on charger #3. The IONIQ5 owner told me that she regularly get 80 kW at this station. After she completed charging, a BMW i4 plugged in and got 70 kW. The chargers at this station are made by BTCPower Model EVDSP-350-4-120-0-2-C-4-0. I did report this to EA since I had plenty of time to call them.
It seems you two and many others reported 50 kW speed when stall is being balance loaded. It could be that EA decided to drop voltage from 1000v to 400v to share load balance charging for all EVs. At 400v, Lucid onboard DC to DC convertor in Wunderbox can only manage to translate to 50 kW max. EA may be doing that to keep load consistent of same voltage. It seems best bet is to charge by at a station by yourself without sharing. Anyway, it’s just my speculation what might happened causing these issues.

Back