EA Popup does not occur until 2nd plugin attempt - Consistent Behavior

GMan

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
60T8OVVK
Lucid fans,

I have been having some consistent issue with EA connectivity and am wondering if there are any tricks to getting this working.

I have been to EA 3 times in a row where the following occurs consistently:
  1. I open the app,
  2. I plug in,
  3. I wait for the EA popup to show on the Pilot Panel or on the app,
  4. I do not receive the EA popup on either
  5. After 30 seconds or so I receive an "Authentication Error" and am instructed to unplug,
  6. I unplug,
  7. I await for the charge port door to automatically close due to an unplug action
  8. I open the charge port again
  9. I plug in
  10. I get the EA popup on my App
  11. I click the EA button
  12. The car starts charging
My understanding is this may happen the first time, but this has happened every time, consistently.

Does anyone know how to resolve this, so that steps 4-9 do not need to occur (e.g. not have to plug in twice)?

Same situation here with EA. Sometimes I unplug and plug in 3 -5 times. It gets frustrating.
Side note: EA system says it has high speed of 150kw.. however I usually get 50 or less. This is consistent with all 3 times I’ve went to charge it there. Charging experience has been 👎🏽 so far.

Lucid fans,

I have been having some consistent issue with EA connectivity and am wondering if there are any tricks to getting this working.

1. I open the app,
  2. I plug in,
  5. After 30 seconds or so I receive an "Authentication Error" and am instructed to unplug,
  6. I unplug,
  7. I await for the charge port door to automatically close due to an unplug action
  9. I plug in
My understanding is this may happen the first time, but this has happened every time, consistently.

Does anyone know how to resolve this, so that steps 4-9 do not need to occur (e.g. not have to plug in twice)?
Why are you opening the App? Just plug it in and it will auto authenticate. The only time I’ve opened the App is if the charger hasn’t started and then I’ve manually gone into start it. I’ve had about a 95% success rate on Plug and Charge working as soon as I plug the car in.

Try plugging in and pulling up on the handle of the charger while it authenticates. Sometimes there is an issue with the communication pin, there's a video about it, but I can't find it atm.

Lucid fans,

1. I open the app,
  2. I plug in,
  6. I unplug,
  9. I plug in

Exact same for me every single time haha

Exact same for me every single time haha
Same behavior for me. The good news is the 6 times I have charged at EA it has worked after the first failure to authenticate. Hope I didn’t jinx it 🤨

Same situation here with EA. Sometimes I unplug and plug in 3 -5 times. It gets frustrating.
Side note: EA system says it has high speed of 150kw.. however I usually get 50 or less. This is consistent with all 3 times I’ve went to charge it there. Charging experience has been 👎🏽 so far.
I've just figured out, and should probably have know, to "Condition" the battery 20 minutes prior to charging. Whereas I was getting 60 kW on a 350 kW charger previously, I've now been getting 80-105 kW. Same EA station as the 60 kW previously.

They lifting up on the handle during the authentication process. That creates a better connection and helps get the ‘plug and charge’ to work. It is actually a tip in an EA “how to charge” video.

Why are you opening the App? Just plug it in and it will auto authenticate. The only time I’ve opened the App is if the charger hasn’t started and then I’ve manually gone into start it. I’ve had about a 95% success rate on Plug and Charge working as soon as I plug the car in.
I tried doing that on my first ever charge. I read on this site, "just plug it in and it will work". Well, after two attempts at just plugging it in, both times I got the dreaded "Authentication Error".

Support indicated I should plug in, then open the app, then click on the White EA button. That works but only after failing once first. It is unnecessarily annoying to have to plug in twice, including waiting for the charging port to auto-close and reopen.

Try plugging in and pulling up on the handle of the charger while it authenticates. Sometimes there is an issue with the communication pin, there's a video about it, but I can't find it atm.
I tried that twice as well.

Same behavior for me. The good news is the 6 times I have charged at EA it has worked after the first failure to authenticate. Hope I didn’t jinx it 🤨
Yes, it consistently fails on attempt #1 and consistency succeeds on attempt #2

They lifting up on the handle during the authentication process. That creates a better connection and helps get the ‘plug and charge’ to work. It is actually a tip in an EA “how to charge” video.
Tried that (twice) but no dice. Saw the same EA video :)

I think that some of the EA chargers are newer and fully support the plug-and-charge experience half of you describe, and other EA chargers still require the extra steps and approval in the Lucid app that the other half of you describe. So, everyone's right!

Back