Did you need to use the app or did it just start?
For me, for the first time ever, I just plugged in and it worked. I always had to plug twice and use the app on second plug. I am so happy that PnP just works now. I did not have to hit the continue button on the charging station.

I have a Touring class and I think the PnP issues only affected us and possibly Pure. I don't think the GT team has experienced this PnP issue.

For me, for the first time ever, I just plugged in and it worked. I always had to plug twice and use the app on second plug. I am so happy that PnP just works now. I did not have to hit the continue button on the charging station.

I have a Touring class and I think the PnP issues only affected us and possibly Pure. I don't think the GT team has experienced this PnP issue.

I wouldn’t say that NO GT driver experienced difficulty, I’m sure many of us did. I was one of the lucky ones who did NOT ever experience any difficulty plugging in and charging. What I would see sometimes, on the few occasions I have used an EA DC fast charger, is a very much reduced charge rate. Below 70 kW, and sometimes below 50 kW.

I also haven't had any problems with PNC but I have seen multiple instances of the EA charger throttling up and down on the Kw delivered. Hopefully this will also settle that problem and help us get higher charging rates??
Are others having this issue? Just got home from 2 separate EA locations today in San Diego, attempted 7 different chargers in total, and rates going from 20-120-20kw in rapid fluctuation on ALL 7. 4 other cars hooked and charged at a constant rate immediately before and after mine without issue on the same chargers. Is this a Lucid issue?! Came on here to check

Are others having this issue? Just got home from 2 separate EA locations today in San Diego, attempted 7 different chargers in total, and rates going from 20-120-20kw in rapid fluctuation on ALL 7. 4 other cars hooked and charged at a constant rate immediately before and after mine without issue on the same chargers. Is this a Lucid issue?! Came on here to check
I find it eventually settles down after those fluctuations.

I'm pleased to report a successful plug & charge tonight at my local EA station. It took less than a minute after I plugged in for the charging to begin.

Attachments

• 20230309_211236.jpg
    20230309_211236.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • 20230309_211259.jpg
    20230309_211259.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93
  • 20230309_211356.jpg
    20230309_211356.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20230309_225905_Lucid.jpg
    Screenshot_20230309_225905_Lucid.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 88

Exact same
I find it eventually settles down after those fluctuations.
It does eventually settle down but then starts again middle of charge and doesn't stop. Does this happen for you? Insanely bad for the battery. Not cool at all.

I wouldn’t say that NO GT driver experienced difficulty, I’m sure many of us did. I was one of the lucky ones who did NOT ever experience any difficulty plugging in and charging. What I would see sometimes, on the few occasions I have used an EA DC fast charger, is a very much reduced charge rate. Below 70 kW, and sometimes below 50 kW.
I was specifically referring to the issue of having to plug-in twice and use an app to get an EA station to initiate a charge. It's entirely possible some GT owners had that issue, however, in the several threads on the subject I haven't seen any GT owners comment that they have experienced the issue. There have been many Touring owners and I've see at least 1 Pure owner.

I wasn't referring to any of the many other issues having been reported regarding EA (interrupted charging, low charging throughput/rates, etc...) which has affected GT owners. There is an entire thread where we've deep dived to try to figure out whether it is specific models of EA charging stations which are causing these issues. That thread is here if anyone is interested: https://lucidowners.com/threads/ea-charger-information-for-those-who-have-charging-issues.4804/

Regarding charging rates, the comments abound. One thing people should keep in mind, which @Bill55 communicated here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/2-0-56.4954/post-121901. is that charging rates depend on SOC. I recommend to look at the graph here, which @Adnillien shared and which better explains what to expect of charger rates depending on SOC. https://lucidowners.com/threads/any...larity-when-battery-at-50-60.4463/post-109811

Sorry for all the links but there's some really great info in this community!

I've got a Touring and can PNC but not every time. Still haven't the update. I messaged customer service so we will see what they say. I'm hitting the road tomorrow so hoping they can push it.

Heard back from customer service and my VIN is not included in the update.

I'm pleased to report a successful plug & charge tonight at my local EA station. It took less than a minute after I plugged in for the charging to begin.
Average 105kW delivery speed in 33 minutes, not too shabby.

Heard back from customer service and my VIN is not included in the update.
Interesting that your AT VIN is not included in the update. My AT was requiring the typical plug, disconnect, replug, and initiate from the Lucid App to start charging at EA (multiple charges over the last two months but at the same EA location in Royce City). However, on my last attempt at the same location about two weeks, I ended up calling Lucid CS as the charger and my car didn't seem to want to talk and play nice. After a few attempts to do some reboots, CS called in an EA CS person to join the call. While on hold one of my last reboots must have cleared something as I started charging... I'm wondering if this episode with PNC (which has not yet worked for me on 2.0.55) put me on the 2.0.56 update list as I received and installed the update last week. Have not been able to test the PNC on 2.0.56 yet but will this weekend on our upcoming roadtrip...

Interesting that your AT VIN is not included in the update. My AT was requiring the typical plug, disconnect, replug, and initiate from the Lucid App to start charging at EA (multiple charges over the last two months but at the same EA location in Royce City). However, on my last attempt at the same location about two weeks, I ended up calling Lucid CS as the charger and my car didn't seem to want to talk and play nice. After a few attempts to do some reboots, CS called in an EA CS person to join the call. While on hold one of my last reboots must have cleared something as I started charging... I'm wondering if this episode with PNC (which has not yet worked for me on 2.0.55) put me on the 2.0.56 update list as I received and installed the update last week. Have not been able to test the PNC on 2.0.56 yet but will this weekend on our upcoming roadtrip...
Thats very interesting! I've charged twice at Royse City, the first time I had to authenticate via the app and the second time PNC worked. I have only had to change chargers once and it was the first time I realized that the app was sending me a notification about authentication via the app so I think I was too slow at trying to authenticate. I have never called customer service about it. Maybe they are sending it to people who have called about issue first then will roll it out to everyone if it appears to resolve the issue?

Just completed our first 500 mile road trip around TX and am happy to say PNC charging worked great three times at different EA locations! Of course the car was flawless and the compliments kept coming. I particularly like the Dodge Charger that blew by me on I-30 only to slow back down next to us to give us a thumbs up!

Just completed our first 500 mile road trip around TX and am happy to say PNC charging worked great three times at different EA locations! Of course the car was flawless and the compliments kept coming. I particularly like the Dodge Charger that blew by me on I-30 only to slow back down next to us to give us a thumbs up!

Thats great! Glad it worked for you! I actually went to Houston and back this weekend and PNC worked in Huntsville and Ennis. I'm still on .55 as my VIN isn't included in .56 but it seems like I don't need it. Ennis has the brand new EA SK Signet chargers:

IMG_1306.jpeg
IMG_1307.jpeg

Thats great! Glad it worked for you! I actually went to Houston and back this weekend and PNC worked in Huntsville and Ennis. I'm still on .55 as my VIN isn't included in .56 but it seems like I don't need it. Ennis has the brand new EA SK Signet chargers:

View attachment 10511View attachment 10512
You are actually using my favor stall #4 in Ennis. That stall never fail and consistent fast output whenever I go to Dallas.

You are actually using my favor stall #4 in Ennis. That stall never fail and consistent fast output whenever I go to Dallas.
It was a lucky choice on my part! All four stalls were open when I arrived.

Back