EA charger information for those who have charging issues

hanuser

Cars
Piece of advice for lucid owners experiencing issues with charging at EA stations.

I was unable to charge at 2 different EA locations, and after extensive calls and follow-ups, I think I have some useful information to share.

EA chargers are made/installed by three different manufacturers, ABB, BTC power, and Signet. You can't easily tell which charger was made by which manufacturer from the outside but you can find out by calling the lucid customer service line.

ABB and BTC chargers run off of a windows operating system, and internally within EA, it is known these two have issues with lucid vehicles. BTC has issues with multiple newer vehicles models not just from lucid.

However, signet chargers run off of Linux and have no reported issues with lucid's or any other vehicle brand. Therefore, if you're looking for a reliable charger, I suggest you call into EA and find out where the closest signet made charger is to you. The other two brands, for the time being, are unreliable. No clear indication when their reliability will be fixed, seems like EA is just realizing the issue now after my persistent follow-ups.

File your own tickets and talk to your lucid techs, that will also put pressure on the higher level management of EA to get on this issue. Apparently the bureaucracy is so bad within EA they don't really devote serious resources to tickets unless there's some threshold no. Of tickets on similar issues. Lucid however has special partnerships with EA so calling lucid and telling them about your issue can help bypass the bureaucracy as lucid has direct lines of communication.

I wonder what the percentage breakdown is of each manufacturer’s chargers within the EA network? If this information is correct, it would be very beneficial for anyone taking a road-trip to find out where the Lucid-friendly chargers are. It could be the difference between a fun road trip and a miserable one.

This is exceptionally helpful. The DCFC situation, particularly with EA, makes me super nervous ...

I can confirm the chargers in Boulder at 29th street are Signet. And they’ve worked well for me thus far. They are only 150s, but that’s good enough for most of the time. I am not convinced 350s are worth the effort.

BD72E22A-71BE-48B2-BCE8-06D100583968.jpeg

Is there any reason we can't use this thread to help each other with a list of where the 'good' ones are like @joec just did?

Is there any reason we can't use this thread to help each other with a list of where the 'good' ones are like @joec just did?
Yes. That makes sense if we can confirm that Signet chargers are indeed more reliable.

Piece of advice for lucid owners experiencing issues with charging at EA stations.

I was unable to charge at 2 different EA locations, and after extensive calls and follow-ups, I think I have some useful information to share.

EA chargers are made/installed by three different manufacturers, ABB, BTC power, and Signet. You can't easily tell which charger was made by which manufacturer from the outside but you can find out by calling the lucid customer service line.

ABB and BTC chargers run off of a windows operating system, and internally within EA, it is known these two have issues with lucid vehicles. BTC has issues with multiple newer vehicles models not just from lucid.

However, signet chargers run off of Linux and have no reported issues with lucid's or any other vehicle brand. Therefore, if you're looking for a reliable charger, I suggest you call into EA and find out where the closest signet made charger is to you. The other two brands, for the time being, are unreliable. No clear indication when their reliability will be fixed, seems like EA is just realizing the issue now after my persistent follow-ups.

File your own tickets and talk to your lucid techs, that will also put pressure on the higher level management of EA to get on this issue. Apparently the bureaucracy is so bad within EA they don't really devote serious resources to tickets unless there's some threshold no. Of tickets on similar issues. Lucid however has special partnerships with EA so calling lucid and telling them about your issue can help bypass the bureaucracy as lucid has direct lines of communication.
For what it's worth, when I had a brief hiccup at EA this past Saturday, the Lucid rep told me Lucid management has been all over EA about their chargers and are pretty much fed up with EA's unreliability. I guess we will see if EA gets their shit together. I know the #4 charger at my local EA has been reported to them for close to 8 weeks that the handle is cracked/broken and it won't click into place so no one can charge. I tried myself and yup, the handle is broken and the charger is still showing available when EA knows it doesn't work. #3 worked after the EA rep remotely reset it after a call from the Lucid rep.

For what it's worth, when I had a brief hiccup at EA this past Saturday, the Lucid rep told me Lucid management has been all over EA about their chargers and are pretty much fed up with EA's unreliability. I guess we will see if EA gets their shit together. I know the #4 charger at my local EA has been reported to them for close to 8 weeks that the handle is cracked/broken and it won't click into place so no one can charge. I tried myself and yup, the handle is broken and the charger is still showing available when EA knows it doesn't work. #3 worked after the EA rep remotely reset it after a call from the Lucid rep.
I think LUCID should sign up another partner and pass on the benefits to us.

I think LUCID should sign up another partner and pass on the benefits to us.
I thought that also but with these other non Tesla companies, do they have as many DC chargers nationwide as EA? Maybe that nationwide coverage is why Lucid chose EA.

I thought that also but with these other non Tesla companies, do they have as many DC chargers nationwide as EA? Maybe that nationwide coverage is why Lucid chose EA.
If that's the case, it is a great example of why you shouldn't accept quantity over quality. Nationwide crappy coverage isn't helping us, Lucid, or EA's reputation.

There I go spouting off as if I even have a car to charge yet 😂

If that's the case, it is a great example of why you shouldn't accept quantity over quality. Nationwide crappy coverage isn't helping us, Lucid, or EA's reputation.

There I go spouting off as if I even have a car to charge yet 😂
LOL! You ain't wrong tho. 😂 😂 😂

PlugShare already has tons of information about all of the EA chargers. Does anyone know if/how we can get PlugShare to add a “version” and/or “manufacturer” field to the database? If that we editable and filter-able, we could probably have it populated and usable in a few weeks! Crowdsourcing can be powerful given the right tools.
So what/who drives PlugShare development?

When you say "Issues" which of the several issues do you feel Signet chargers help address?
  1. Having to Plug twice every time due to "Authorization Failure"?
  2. Broken / Inoperable equipment?
  3. Poor flow rates ?
Personally, I would really appreciate a solution to #1 because it requires me to have to plug in twice every time AND I must authenticate using my Lucid App, which was an issue the last time.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230218_150042.jpg
    20230218_150042.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 149
  • 20230218_150022.jpg
    20230218_150022.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 150
Anyone know what type these are at my local EA station?
Those are the same chargers that I use at the two locations that I visit. However, I can't seem to find an actual model number for them. :-(

Those are the same chargers that I use at the two locations that I visit. However, I can't seem to find an actual model number for them. :-(
The next time I fast charge I'm going to look closely at the cabinets to see if they have a name and/or model number.

The next time I fast charge I'm going to look closely at the cabinets to see if they have a name and/or model number.
Let me know if you find out, if you don't mind. I'll do the same. Thanks

Back