19 vs. 20 vs. 21 tires for Touring

EVCar

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
GT
This is probably old news for many, but actually new for me.
Just visited the Fashion Square Lucid studio and learned that the 20 and 21 tires for the Touring are staggered whereas the 19 inch are the same width for all four.
I probably will opt for the 19, which are also four-season, as opposed to summer, and high-performance, respectively for the 20 and 21.
Was also told probably mid summer for production.

Last edited:
I'd agree with your choice of the 19's, though the 21's look very cool by comparison. I might wind up with the 20's as a compromise. Are there EPA range figures to correspond to each wheel size? [EDIT: I see, for the AGT about 20 miles less EPA range with each step up in rim size].

Last edited:
I'd agree with your choice of the 19's, though the 21's look very cool by comparison. I might wind up with the 20's as a compromise. Are there EPA range figures to correspond to each wheel size?
The 21" loses you about 20 miles of range from the 19" on the DE, so I would safely assume the 20" would be somewhere in between.
I have no regrets about getting both sets of wheels. 19" for roadtrips, 21" for general driving - they're just so pretty and handle so well!

The 21" loses you about 20 miles of range from the 19" on the DE, so I would safely assume the 20" would be somewhere in between.
I have no regrets about getting both sets of wheels. 19" for roadtrips, 21" for general driving - they're just so pretty and handle so well!

Are you planning on changing yourself or using someone? I'm considering getting a lift.

Does the Air have the materials included to fix a flat?

I already have the kits for 2 other cars that did not include a spare tire etc. so I will just use one of those set ups when I drive my Lucid. I keep everything in a gym bag so it is easily moved from one vehicle to another. Cadillac and Mercedes haven’t had spare tire for years now. AAA is a good bet.

Last edited:
Hmmm...$140K and no tire kit?? No Lucid repair centers currently in my state. Gonna be a long time sitting by the roadside...

Hmmm...$140K and no tire kit?? No Lucid repair centers currently in my state. Gonna be a long time sitting by the roadside...
AAA is the answer. They are also planning on carrying booster batteries to get you to the closest charging station.

I already have the kits for 2 other cars that did not include a spare tire etc. so I will just use one of those set ups when I drive my Lucid. I keep everything in a gym bag so it is easily moved from one vehicle to another. Cadillac and Mercedes haven’t had spare tire for years now. AAA is a good bet.
What is in your kit? Also does it work on EVs which have significantly more weight?

The kit is a scissor Jack, short 2x6 board to place under Jack, portable air compressor, collapsible lug nut wrench, valve stem tool, 2 bottles of tire repair foam, disposable gloves and large trash bag.

Scissor Jack is rated 2 tons so more than adequate to raise one wheel.

valve stem tool, 2 bottles of tire repair foam

If you don't already have a kit, I would recommend that you get the tire repair/inflator kit that Lucid has on their website or a similar system like this:

The old tire puncture sealants are not tpms safe and difficult for tire shops to remove. These newer systems either wash out or wipe out and are tpms safe. Since they are injected during tire inflation, removing the valve stem isn't required. BUT, the newer systems restrict you to 50 mph/100 miles - designed to get you to a tire shop, not be a permanent fix.

If you don't already have a kit, I would recommend that you get the tire repair/inflator kit that Lucid has on their website or a similar system like this:

The old tire puncture sealants are not tpms safe and difficult for tire shops to remove. These newer systems either wash out or wipe out and are tpms safe. Since they are injected during tire inflation, removing the valve stem isn't required. BUT, the newer systems restrict you to 50 mph/100 miles - designed to get you to a tire shop, not be a permanent fix.
That's pretty much the same type of system that Lucid will be selling.

How does one power this system? I see the traditional DC lighter, do our DEs have that light plug?

The kit is a scissor Jack, short 2x6 board to place under Jack, portable air compressor, collapsible lug nut wrench, valve stem tool, 2 bottles of tire repair foam, disposable gloves and large trash bag.

Scissor Jack is rated 2 tons so more than adequate to raise one wheel.
How about carrying the wonderful looking donut wheel?

How does one power this system? I see the traditional DC lighter, do our DEs have that light plug?
Yes, there is one on the right side of the trunk. I think it's there for exactly this purpose.

Only one in the trunk. Wish there was another one in the front like most cars.

Maryland, by law, requires a tire kit if no spare is provided. I wonder how many cars they have sold in Maryland that did not have a tire repair kit.

Back